Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
jmagg

Re: Media Rover

Post by jmagg »

Thanks wally007 and kierse for trying to help. I see no mention of .ignore in terminal. Maybe these don't work on a Mac. The OS wouldn't let me name them .ignore in the finder, so I renamed them in terminal with:
mv showname/seasonx/x.ignore showname/.ignore
Is this the right way to do it, or will this just not work with Mac OSX 10.5?

TIA,
jmagg

Nevermind. I guess nothing shows up unless the series is in the feed. I made a dummy folder for a show I don't watch and put a(n) .ignore file in there. And Mr shows ignore for that series. Thanx again for the help and the great program.

PS. As someone with a very minimal amount of command line experience the configuration wasn't that hard. It took me about a half hour. With the simultaneous demise of tvnzbrss and newzbin, I had to find a replacement. I really wish I had found this first. It works better than mttvnzbrss and is easier than making a hundred newzbin feeds. Thanx again.
Last edited by jmagg on April 26th, 2010, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrgreaper

Post by mrgreaper »

@wally007
thank you  sub processing script seems to help no end. and with the added line in my config for sabnzbds backup nzb folder, no more duplicats

and with .ignore files added no more old files

but im still confused

if theres no UI, why is there a section titled UI with the port settings for the er UI lol?

how do i set how often it scans

how do i start it on ubuntu startup?

ive been through the config file a million times now (maybe an exageration) and i cant find these options)
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hi mrgreaper,

I believe I just replied to your email  ;)
mrgreaper wrote: heres my config file,
looks good...
mrgreaper wrote: this is my sort_script...
1) the sorting script errors with ,
ERROR: configuration directory (“/home/mrgreaper/.mediarover/”) does not exist. Do you need to run `python mediarover.py --write-configs`?
when i had it set to default it errored with ...
ERROR: configuration directory (“/home/mrgreaper/.mediarover”) does not exist. Do you need to run `python mediarover.py --write-configs`?

.mediarover folder does exist
python mediarover.py --write-configs was run
hmm, strange.  Your config and sort script look correct.  Have you tried running the sorting script manually?  It should die complaining that you didn't passing it enough arguments. 

mrgreaper wrote: 2) every time i run it, it send the same episodes to sabnzbd (even though they have already been downloaded and are sitting in the root of my tv folder then exits ! i now have 4 copys of 3 identacle episodes with .1 .2 .3 after there name
As wally007 pointed out, it looks as though MR isn't finding all your episodes.  Read my response to your email, I suspect you'll need to reorganize your episodes into series & season folders if you want to use MR.  Also, did you turn off episode sorting in SABnzbd?  Duplicate files that end in 1,2,3,etc are a result of SAB's sorting functionality.  The two clash and generally don't work well together.
mrgreaper wrote: 3)its downloading episodes older then the ones i have (ie im on season 9 of small ville its downloaded two eps of season 2!
You have two options here:
  • create a .ignore file in the series directory
  • define a series filter in the config file
For both solutions, see http://wiki.github.com/kierse/mediarover/config-filter (and the config file) for examples
mrgreaper wrote: 4) as it exits i cant get into the UI (192.168.1.119:8081 shows failed to connect)
There is no interface, you can ignore the UI section in the config file.  In fact, if you download the latest code from the development branch, you'll see that I have removed all references to the UI until such time as it actually works  :D
mrgreaper wrote: also how do i make it start at boot up?
MR runs as a cron job (scheduled task). I'd suggest using something like http://www.robertplank.com/cron/ for help.  If you need help actually installing the job, let me know.

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

jmagg wrote: Thanks wally007 and kierse for trying to help. I see no mention of .ignore in terminal. Maybe these don't work on a Mac. The OS wouldn't let me name them .ignore in the finder, so I renamed them in terminal with:
Ya, that's right.  I guess the OS X finder doesn't allow you to create dotted files.  To see them, you'll need to tell the finder to display hidden files.  I'm not sure where the option is located in the finder menus but it'll be there somewhere.
jmagg wrote: Nevermind. I guess nothing shows up unless the series is in the feed. I made a dummy folder for a show I don't watch and put a(n) .ignore file in there. And Mr shows ignore for that series. Thanx again for the help and the great program.
That's right, MR just knows what it gets from the RSS feeds.  Just curious: did you populate the .ignore file with anything or did you just create an empty file?  The reason I ask is that MR doesn't just look for the file, it opens it and reads it.  Using an ignore file you can ignore an entire series or specify specific seasons to skip.  Consult http://wiki.github.com/kierse/mediarover/config-filter for examples.
jmagg wrote: PS. As someone with a very minimal amount of command line experience the configuration wasn't that hard. It took me about a half hour. With the simultaneous demise of tvnzbrss and newzbin, I had to find a replacement. I really wish I had found this first. It works better than mttvnzbrss and is easier than making a hundred newzbin feeds. Thanx again.
Great!  Glad to hear it

Kierse
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

jmagg wrote: Thanks wally007 and kierse for trying to help. I see no mention of .ignore in terminal. Maybe these don't work on a Mac. The OS wouldn't let me name them .ignore in the finder, so I renamed them in terminal with:

TIA,
jmagg
Unfortunatelly Finder under Mac OSX doesnt allow you to make .invisible files ( by default anyway ). I am sure there are work arounds but if you want to supercharge your Finder , just get Path Finder. Its incredibly useful and developer is very helpful and updates the app frequently.

MR does not have UI , YET. Although in the beginning i thought it was biggest missing feature , after you give the config file and documentation 15 - 30 minutes , you won't need UI , ever. MR is supposed to run via cron job but i already had copy of Alarm Clock Pro on my server so i  scheduled it to run every 60 minutes. With new Alarm Clock pro you can have shell script run at set intervals and even mailed results to you ( i dont use it ).

Example .ignore file looks like this ( In Path Finder click " NEW FILE" and edit it with built in text editor or TextEdit )

Code: Select all

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
In this case it ignores all episodes from Season 1 throughout Season 4. Will download Season 5 and so on.
mrgreaper

Post by mrgreaper »

thankyou for the help, and taking the time to email me. it seems mediarover is not for me. i have decided to try a different program (sick beard) that though in alpha apears to be more aimed at what i need. i will however keep an eye on mediarover and should the ui come in and the ability to tell it certain episodes are prevously watched, dont redownload them 5 times bad mediarover, i will rethink my stance lol
kierse

Quality management support

Post by kierse »

Hey guys,

Just a quick update to let you know that I have pushed some development code to Github that (among other things) adds quality management functionality to Media Rover.  I know that this is a frequently requested feature and I've done my best to make it as simple and reliable as possible but please keep in mind that this is still development code and as such likely contains some bugs/problems.  As always, please report them at http://github.com/kierse/mediarover/issues.

ATTENTION: the quality management system actively replaces episodes on disk in an attempt to meet your quality preferences for a given series.  Improperly configured, this can lead to some unexpected results.  Until such time as I have the opportunity to further document the new functionality, ask before you try...unless you don't mind the possibility of losing episodes.  You have been warned!

Steps to start using quality management system
  • download latest code from development branch: http://github.com/kierse/mediarover/archives/dev
  • regenerate config files (# python mediarover.py --write-configs)
  • turn on quality management in config file (set [tv][quality] managed = True)
  • set a default desired quality level ([tv][quality][desired])
  • set default acceptable quality levels ([tv][quality][acceptable])
  • indicate a quality level for each configured source
  • optional:
    • [li]set desired quality level for one or more series (see [tv][filter])
    • set acceptable quality levels for one or more series (see [tv][filter])
    Once the above steps are complete, MR will now attempt to manage the quality of any/all episodes that it KNOWS quality information about.  At the moment, that means only future episodes that it downloads.  Once I release a process to import your existing episode collection into the quality database this restriction will disappear.

Missing Features
    • tool to populate quality database with existing episode collection
    • ability to set a download delay on a given source
Kierse
jmagg

Post by jmagg »

That's right, MR just knows what it gets from the RSS feeds.  Just curious: did you populate the .ignore file with anything or did you just create an empty file?  The reason I ask is that MR doesn't just look for the file, it opens it and reads it.  Using an ignore file you can ignore an entire series or specify specific seasons to skip.  Consult http://wiki.github.com/kierse/mediarover/config-filter for examples
I created the files with textedit. Season 1 season 2 etc. Just in case someone else needs help, I made two mistakes.
1) I was unsure where to put the folder so I had it in the Season X folder. It belongs in the main series folder.
2)Mac OSX wouldn't let me create a file named .ignore, so I thought I could name it 3.ignore, 2.ignore, etc. MR didn't recognize this. I finally found a tutorial and learned how to use the mv command and it was easy to just rename the files to .ignore from the terminal.
Thanx,
jmagg

PS Maybe MR could see a file named 8.ignore and ignore all seasons before 8. This would be easier to create and explain, especially on a show like Sunday Morning Dead where you have to make a file with 34 seasons to ignore. Just a thought.

PSS If anyone needs cron help for Mac, this page was helpful to me. http://ss64.com/osx/crontab.html
Last edited by jmagg on April 28th, 2010, 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Quality management support

Post by wally007 »

kierse wrote: Hey guys,

Just a quick update to let you know that I have pushed some development code to Github that (among other things) adds quality management functionality to Media Rover.  I know that this is a frequently requested feature and I've done my best to make it as simple and reliable as possible but please keep in mind that this is still development code and as such likely contains some bugs/problems.  As always, please report them at http://github.com/kierse/mediarover/issues.

ATTENTION: the quality management system actively replaces episodes on disk in an attempt to meet your quality preferences for a given series.  Improperly configured, this can lead to some unexpected results.  Until such time as I have the opportunity to further document the new functionality, ask before you try...unless you don't mind the possibility of losing episodes.  You have been warned!

Steps to start using quality management system
  • download latest code from development branch: http://github.com/kierse/mediarover/archives/dev
  • regenerate config files (# python mediarover.py --write-configs)
  • turn on quality management in config file (set [tv][quality] managed = True)
  • set a default desired quality level ([tv][quality][desired])
  • set default acceptable quality levels ([tv][quality][acceptable])
  • indicate a quality level for each configured source
  • optional:
    • [li]set desired quality level for one or more series (see [tv][filter])
    • set acceptable quality levels for one or more series (see [tv][filter])
    Once the above steps are complete, MR will now attempt to manage the quality of any/all episodes that it KNOWS quality information about.  At the moment, that means only future episodes that it downloads.  Once I release a process to import your existing episode collection into the quality database this restriction will disappear.

Missing Features
    • tool to populate quality database with existing episode collection
    • ability to set a download delay on a given source
    Kierse
Sounds great. Are you looking for bug reports at this time ?

How does MR deal with existing episodes ? Does it ignore them as they're "unknown" quality in the database ?

Now my weekend is officially ON. Cant wait to mess with this. Muchas Gracias.[/list]
Last edited by wally007 on April 28th, 2010, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lokro

Post by Lokro »

I'm trying the latest dev build so I can download HD or SD of certain episodes. I am getting an error though.

Error

2010-04-28 17:23 ERROR - 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'series' - __init__.py:126
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/matt/.mediarover/mediarover/__init__.py", line 124, in main
    _process(config, broker, options, args)
  File "/home/matt/.mediarover/mediarover/__init__.py", line 387, in _process
    series = episode.series
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'series'
  File "mediarover.py", line 19, in <module>
    mediarover.main()
    series = episode.series
Config for what I think the error is talking about

[[template]]

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#
		# NOTE: Replacing a template variable with its uppercase equivalent 
		# (ie. $(series)s vs $(SERIES)s) will cause Media Rover to output 
		# uppercase data (where relevant).  For example:
		#
		#  $(season_episode_1)s => s01e03
		#  $(SEASON_EPISODE_1)s => S01E03
		#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#

# series naming pattern
		# used when creating series directories
		# 
		#  $(series)s  => "Series Name"
		#  $(series.)s => "Series.Name"
		#  $(series_)s => "Series_Name"
		#
		# NOTE: defaults to '$(series)s'
		series = $(series)s

# series season naming pattern
		# used when creating season directories
		#
		#  $(season)d          => 1
		#  $(season)02d        => 01
		#  Season $(season)02d => Season 01
		#
		#  Setting the season template to be empty (ie. "season = ") tells Media Rover
		#  not to create a season folder and to put all episodes directly under the series
		#  folder. NOTE: if a season folder already exists on disk, Media Rover will continue to 
		#  sort all newly downloaded episodes into it, however no new season directories will be
		#  constructed.
		#
		# NOTE: defaults to 's$(season)02d'
		season = Season $(season)02d

# episode title pattern
		# used when renaming downloaded episodes
		#
		#  $(title)s  => 'Hello World!'
		#  $(title.)s => 'Hello.World!'
		#  $(title_)s => 'Hello_World!'
		# 
		# NOTE: defaults to '$(title)s'
		title = $(title)s

# smart episode title options: (used in conjunction with above title pattern option)
		# NOTE: this variable can be used to generate an intelligent episode title.  If an 
		#       episode title has been found, the pattern will be honoured.  Otherwise, it 
		#       will be replaced with an empty string.
		#
		#  $(smart_title)s = ' - $(title)s' => ' - Hello World!'
		#
		# NOTE: defaults to ' - $(title)s'
	 	smart_title = ' - $(title)s'

# episode quality
		# string representation of an episodes quality
		# NOTE: this parameter can only be used in the single or daily episode templates
		#
		#  $(quality) = medium

# single episode naming pattern
		# this pattern is the template used when renaming SINGLE episodes. You may use any
		# of the above naming patterns in constructing the file naming pattern 
		#
		#  $(season_episode_1)s => s01e03
		#  $(season_episode_2)s => 1x03
		#
		# NOTE: as a bare minimum, the pattern must contain ONE of the above episode numbering 
		#       patterns in order to be valid.  Without this restriction, accurately identifying
		#       episodes on disk would be next to impossible
		#
		# NOTE: defaults to '$(series)s - $(season_episode_1)s$(smart_title)s'
		single_episode = $(series)s - $(SEASON_EPISODE_1)s$(smart_title)s

# daily episode naming pattern
		# this pattern is the template used when renaming DAILY episodes.  You may use any
		# of the above naming patterns to constructing the file naming pattern
		#
		#  $(daily)s  => 20090112
		#  $(daily.)s => 2009.01.12
		#  $(daily-)s => 2009-01-12
		#  $(daily_)s => 2009_01_12
		#
		# NOTE: as a bare minimum, the pattern must contain ONE of the above daily numbering
		#       patterns in order to be valid.  Without this restriction, accurately identifying
		#       daily episodes on disk would be next to impossible
		#
		# NOTE: defaults to '$(series)s - $(daily-)s$(smart_title)s'
		daily_episode = $(series)s - $(daily-)s

jkristoph

Post by jkristoph »

Try to configure the new dev version....

#  $(season_episode_1)s => s01e03
#  $(season_episode_2)s => 1x03

Can we get a third choice for s1e03?

All of my episodes are names "Series Name - S1E03"  I have found that this is one of the most effective naming schemes for use with Plex Scrapers.

In this past I setup using: series_episode = '$(series)s - S$(season)dE$(episode)02d'

However it seems that you no longer use $(episode)02d
Last edited by jkristoph on April 28th, 2010, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kierse

Re: Quality management support

Post by kierse »

wally007 wrote: Sounds great. Are you looking for bug reports at this time ?
Yes please!
wally007 wrote: How does MR deal with existing episodes ? Does it ignore them as they're "unknown" quality in the database ?
When quality management is on and MR encounters an episode on disk that isn't in the database, it assumes that episode meets the users desired quality level.  The end result is that MR will never try to replace that episode as it knows nothing about it.

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey jkristoph,
jkristoph wrote: Try to configure the new dev version....

#  $(season_episode_1)s => s01e03
#  $(season_episode_2)s => 1x03

Can we get a third choice for s1e03?

All of my episodes are names "Series Name - S1E03"  I have found that this is one of the most effective naming schemes for use with Plex Scrapers.

In this past I setup using: series_episode = '$(series)s - S$(season)dE$(episode)02d'

However it seems that you no longer use $(episode)02d
Sorry about that, my bad.  I've updated the default config template to include the episode template parameter as before.  Also, the underlying code that parsed the templates still honoured that parameter so you're old templates should still work.  Let me know if they don't

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hi Lokro,
Lokro wrote: I'm trying the latest dev build so I can download HD or SD of certain episodes. I am getting an error though.

Error

2010-04-28 17:23 ERROR - 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'series' - __init__.py:126
    series = episode.series
  File "mediarover.py", line 19, in <module>
    mediarover.main()
    series = episode.series
Can you post or send me the full logging output for the above error?  From what you've sent me above I can see where the error is occurring but I need little more data to figure out what's going on.  Also, I pushed several bug fixes earlier today, its possible one of them may have solved your problem.  You might want to get the latest from the dev branch

Kierse
Last edited by kierse on April 28th, 2010, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lokro

Post by Lokro »

hi kierse

I downloaded the latest to make sure I was set there. Here is the last of the log file. I can post the whole thing if needed, just a bit on the large side though with how many shows I watch lol.

2010-04-29 14:25 INFO - processing 'Documentaries' items - __init__.py:380
2010-04-29 14:25 DEBUG - begin processing item 'Mythbusters S08E05 720p HDTV x264 aAF' - __init__.py:383
2010-04-29 14:25 ERROR - 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'series' - __init__.py:126
    series = episode.series
Looking the code I really can't say I know what it is going on.

My set up. I have three rss feeds from nbzmatrix. One is for HDTV, other is for SDTV, and last one is for Documentaries. One show I watch is only posted to the Documentaries feed. But it looks like Mythbusters is posted to both the Documentaries feed and the HDTV feed. Could that cause a problem?