Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
kierse

Re: Media Rover

Post by kierse »

Hey wally007,

I configured MR using your feeds and everything worked properly.  A couple more things to try:

1. Yahoo Pipes.  Try creating a pipe that pulls from nzbs.org and does nothing.

2. When you are upgrading MR, are you deleting the old folder and replacing it with the new version or are you unpacking the new version on top of the old one?  The reason I ask is that there have been quite a few changes recently (include a pretty massive code reorganization) and its possible an old file could be causing problems.  If you are unpacking over top of an existing version, try deleting the old directory first.
wally007 wrote: Meanwhile new renaming template isnt honoring upper case.
I'll look into this tomorrow

Kierse
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

2. Deleting old folder and replacing.

1. Yahoo pipes trick worked. It was enough to make just one feed a yahoo pipe and it started working. Thanks !!!!!! I hadnt thought of that.

At least now we know how to work around the problem for the future reference if it happens again to somebody else.
kierse

Post by kierse »

wally007 wrote: 1. Yahoo pipes trick worked. It was enough to make just one feed a yahoo pipe and it started working. Thanks !!!!!! I hadnt thought of that.

At least now we know how to work around the problem for the future reference if it happens again to somebody else.
Good to hear.  I'm still at a loss though as why you and you alone are having this problem.  Very strange.

Kierse
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

so today was a first day i got to use MR's new quality managment and results are not what i expected. Not sure if its a bug or its supposed to work this way.

Here's what happend

1. MR scheduled at 2am to downaload episode SHOW.NAME.S07E21.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.avi from SD source. ---> expected
2. MR scheduled at 5am to re-download same episode but from HD source SHOW.NAME.S07E21.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv   ---> expected

But the result is i have SHOW NAME - s07e21.avi and SHOW NAME - s07e21.mkv in my destination folder. ---> not expected

I thought MR would delete SHOW NAME - s07e21.avi. File permissions are set to read/write for everybody but looking at the logs it doesnt appear MR even tried removing .avi version of the file.
Last edited by wally007 on May 2nd, 2010, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kierse

Post by kierse »

wally007 wrote: I thought MR would delete SHOW NAME - s07e21.avi. File permissions are set to read/write for everybody but looking at the logs it doesnt appear MR even tried removing .avi version of the file.
You are correct, MR should have removed the old version of the episode.  I'll have a look at the code and get back to you

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hi wally007,
Is this still causing you problems?  I tried to verify this behaviour but was unable to replicate the problem
wally007 wrote: I thought MR would delete SHOW NAME - s07e21.avi. File permissions are set to read/write for everybody but looking at the logs it doesnt appear MR even tried removing .avi version of the file.
I just pushed a bunch of code changes that should hopefully fix this issue.  Update your sources and try again

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

In case anyone is interested, I just pushed some code that allow you to set the order in which sources are processed.  The changes are available on the dev branch.

Kierse
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

kierse wrote: Hi wally007,
Is this still causing you problems?  I tried to verify this behaviour but was unable to replicate the problem

Well my single episode naming pattern is as following

Code: Select all

series_episode = '$(series)s - $(SEASON_EPISODE_1)s'
but results in file named Show name - s09e37.mkv
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

kierse wrote: Hi wally007,
I just pushed a bunch of code changes that should hopefully fix this issue.  Update your sources and try again

Kierse
Do i have to re-generate new config file as well with this new version ?
kierse

Post by kierse »

wally007 wrote: Do i have to re-generate new config file as well with this new version ?
Yes, the [source] section has changed.  Everything else is pretty much the same though.

That reminds me, now that there is a database, regenerating your configs may involve another step.  If you completely replace your existing MR config directory, you'll need to copy the metadata database from the old config directory to the new.  If you do the following:

1. Remove old config directory
2. generate new config directory and files

you'll now need to perform an additional step:

3. copy metadata database from old config directory to new

The metadata database is stored with the MR configs in a folder called 'ds'.  The file is named 'metadata.db'.  Alternatively, instead of replacing the whole MR config directory, you can allow MR to replace the necessary files.  Running --write-configs against an existing config directory will generate the new default config files while preserving the old ones.  Regenerating your config files in this manner means you won't have to manually copy the metadata database.

Kierse
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

I expect existing episodes not to be updated so ...

Getting error message at the end of the script with this new version. It runs through all sources and then at the end i get following error....

EDIT --> Sent you error message in PM.
Last edited by wally007 on May 6th, 2010, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulkoan

Post by paulkoan »

rollingeyeball wrote: Shady, the fauth parameter should work.
Simple copying the rss feed it gives you should be enough.
The fauth parameter definitely works for downloading the rss feed, but the fauth parameter is not in the url passed to sab to download, so it fails.

Is there a way to pass parameters through to sab?

Actually, there does not seem to be a way to use the fauth parameter at all for downloads, newzbin seems to rely on cookies at that point.

Am I missing something?  I have tried several of the source providers supported by media rover, but in each case I get stuck with authentication...
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey wally007,
wally007 wrote: Getting error message at the end of the script with this new version. It runs through all sources and then at the end i get following error....
Fixed and pushed to Github.  Looking at the error you sent me, it appears MR was in the process of dealing with an error it encountered while parsing filesystem episodes.  There are several reasons why MR might run into a problem while parsing a file, many of which can be corrected.  I added some additional logging code to document these errors.  Hopefully they'll come in handy at some point in the future.

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey Lokro,
Lokro wrote: The error is gone, but I have another error. Not sure if it is a user error yet. Going over config and checking folders with files to see if there is something in there that is messed up.

Code: Select all

2010-04-29 22:21 ERROR - MultiEpisode parts must be from the same season - __init__.py:126
Sorry for the late reply, I must have missed your post.  It appears that MR has found an episode that it thinks spans more than one season (which isn't currently supported).  I recently committed several patches that specifically affect the code performing these checks.  It's entirely possible that your problem may have been fixed.  I suggest updating your code to the latest in the development branch and try again.

Kierse

p.s. you'll have to regenerate your config files again as there have been a couple of changes
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hi paulkoan,
paulkoan wrote: The fauth parameter definitely works for downloading the rss feed, but the fauth parameter is not in the url passed to sab to download, so it fails.

Is there a way to pass parameters through to sab?

Actually, there does not seem to be a way to use the fauth parameter at all for downloads, newzbin seems to rely on cookies at that point.

Am I missing something?  I have tried several of the source providers supported by media rover, but in each case I get stuck with authentication...
MR doesn't use the download url from a newzbin feed.  Instead, it passes the newzbin ID straight to SABnzbd for processing.  In order for this to work, you need to have configured SABnzbd with your newzbin credentials.  See Config > Index Sites > Newzbin Account Info in SABnzbd

Kierse