Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Crhis

Re: Media Rover

Post by Crhis »

kierse wrote: 1. try running the sorting script from the command line:  python episodesort.py.  Do you an error message like the following: "Warning: must provide 7 arguments when invoking X"

2. Are the nzbs being scheduled by MR getting the appropriate category?

Kierse
1. That works. I get this result;

Code: Select all

im:~ crhistoph$ python /Applications/Mediarover/kierse-mediarover-ee11c26/episodesort.py
Warning: must provide 7 arguments when invoking episodesort.py
Usage: episodesort.py [options] <result_dir> <nzb_name> <nice_name> <newzbin_id> <category> <newsgroup> <status>

Options:
  --version             show program's version number and exit
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -c /PATH/TO/CONFIG/DIR, --config=/PATH/TO/CONFIG/DIR
                        path to application configuration directory
  -d, --dry-run         simulate downloading nzb's from configured sources
2. Yes, and I can even click in the SAB gui and it lists episodesort.py as the postprocessing script that will be run on that particular file.

My scripts folder looks like this

kierse

Post by kierse »

Crhis wrote: 1. That works. I get this result;
Ok, that looks good...
Crhis wrote: 2. Yes, and I can even click in the SAB gui and it lists episodesort.py as the postprocessing script that will be run on that particular file.
Good
Crhis wrote: My scripts folder looks like this
Seeing as you are directly calling the episodesort.py script, you don't need to make use of any of the shell scripts.  They are there for people who
a) don't have python in the executable path, or
b) don't want/know how to make a symbolic link

A couple of questions:

1. did you make a symlink in the SABnzbd user scripts directory to episode sort or did you just point the user scripts directory at your Media Rover folder?

2. Is episodesort.py executable?  When SABnzbd runs the script it doesn't know that its a python script and won't know to call the python interpreter.  If you didn't make it executable it won't run.  To make it executable, run the following from a command prompt:

Code: Select all

# chmod 755 /path/to/episodesort.py
Kierse
notho

Post by notho »

kierse wrote: Hi notho
notho wrote: After returning from my trip, and while checking out the new items Sabnzbd and Media Rover fetched for me I found myself creating shortcuts (yeah this is a windows machine) by going through the Sabnzbd history and looking up each episode.  I like the shortcuts because as I watch the shows, I can delete the shortcut, it's sort of a bookmark.  I got to thinking this would be a perfect thing to add to the sorting script, creating a shortcut in a central location for each new ep downloaded.  I looked into it briefly but I didn't see a clear path to creating windows shortcuts through Python without adding something like the Python Windows Extensions http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/ which seemed a bit of overkill to me so I am throwing it out as a request for a new feature.
This is something I've considered in the past, though I must admit I've never been thrilled with the idea of using a shortcut/symlink.  One solution that has been discussed would be to update MR to allow the user to put a series folder under multiple root directories.  Currently, MR generates a warning message if the same series is found under more than one root folder.  Changing this would allow you to have new (unwatched) episodes downloaded to one folder and allow you to move them to another once they've been watched.  Thoughts?

Kierse
Yes, in fact, that is the way I did it before I got 'automated'.  Just deleting the links though is handy :)

Ken
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

Seems like job completion parameter is not read correctly by Media Rover's sorting script. ( Using latest Sab and Media Rover )

here's the problem ( pasted from different thread )
I dont know if this is new to 0.5.1.rc2 as this is first time in loong time i failed to open archive but why is sab kicking off post-processing script ( in my case Media Rover episode sorter ) when download/unpacking failed ?

Unpack
[the.biggest.XXXXXX.au.s05e50.pdtv.xvid-fqm] Failed opening main archive (encrypted or damaged)

Status is marked as "Completed" and Media Rover's script moved failed archive.

I dont think this ever hapend before and i'm sure i got failed/passworded/crc error archives before. ( after all i'm on astra :-) ) I think sab shouldnt start post processing script IF it fails download/unpacking , OR it should have some kind of flag for post processing script to make it aware that THIS THING FAILED CRC/UNPACKING , , what do you wanna do ?!
You know about the option "Process only verified downloads"?
See: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-switches-v2
If it's off, your script will run anyway, but you are notified of the failure in parameter 7.
See: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/user-scripts
Yes i know about that " Process only verified downloads " and it is checked.

Here are details

" Download
Downloaded in 8 minutes 12 seconds at an average of 727.86 KB/s

Repair
[the.biggest.XXX.au.s05e50.pdtv.xvid-fqm] Quick Check OK

Unpack
[the.biggest.XXX.au.s05e50.pdtv.xvid-fqm] Failed opening main archive (encrypted or damaged) "

Obviously it passed quick check, but didnt extract correctly. Wouldnt it make more sense to NOT go ahead and call post processing script if sab is not able to open main archive ?
Yes what you say makes sense.
However, the description of the option says "verified" and not "correctly unpacked".
The current behavior is what (some) people now expect.
You can test for the status parameter.
Can you please let me know where i can see whether or not sab passed correct parameter ? ( in this case it would be 2 , right ? )

If it DID pass 2 , then i guess Media Rover sorting script should be updated with simple IF/ELSE, right ?
You can find your answers in: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/user-scripts
But, yes, you guessed it right.
kierse

Post by kierse »

wally007 wrote: Seems like job completion parameter is not read correctly by Media Rover's sorting script. ( Using latest Sab and Media Rover )
Hey wally007,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy adding quality support to MR!  This issue has been fixed and will be released with the changes introducing quality support.  I'm making the finishing touches to the sorting script now, will then do some testing to make sure everything works (ish), before pushing to the dev branch.

It won't be long now!

Kierse
jkristoph

Post by jkristoph »

MR is the best thing since sliced bread.  once question guys...how do I achieve auto downloads for movies.  I appreciate the advice! BTW Kierse where do I donate?
jkristoph

Post by jkristoph »

One more thing, when I go through my logs I am seeing the following...

2010-04-09 18:32 INFO - cached data for series 'CSI NY', season 6 is stale.  Updating... - filesystem.py:259
2010-04-09 18:32 DEBUG - create filesystem episode: FilesystemEpisode(series='CSI NY',season=6,daily=False,episode=16,title='',filename='CSI NY - S6E16',extension='mkv') - filesystem.py:197
2010-04-09 18:32 DEBUG - create filesystem episode: FilesystemEpisode(series='CSI NY',season=6,daily=False,episode=17,title='',filename='CSI NY - S6E17',extension='mkv') - filesystem.py:197
2010-04-09 18:32 DEBUG - create filesystem episode: FilesystemEpisode(series='CSI NY',season=6,daily=False,episode=14,title='',filename='CSI NY - S6E14',extension='mkv') - filesystem.py:197
2010-04-09 18:32 DEBUG - create filesystem episode: FilesystemEpisode(series='CSI NY',season=6,daily=False,episode=15,title='',filename='CSI NY - S6E15',extension='mkv') - filesystem.py:197
2010-04-09 18:32 DEBUG - create filesystem episode: FilesystemEpisode(series='CSI NY',season=6,daily=False,episode=12,title='',filename='CSI NY - S6E12',extension='mkv') - filesystem.py:197
2010-04-09 18:32 DEBUG - create filesystem episode: FilesystemEpisode(series='CSI NY',season=6,daily=False,episode=13,title='',filename='CSI NY - S6E13',extension='mkv') - filesystem.py:197
2010-04-09 18:32 DEBUG - create filesystem episode: FilesystemEpisode(series='CSI NY',season=6,daily=False,episode=18,title='',filename='CSI NY - S6E18',extension='mkv') - filesystem.py:197
2010-04-09 18:32 INFO - found 7 episodes on disk - filesystem.py:207

This only appears for 2 items and seems to be happening every time I run the script.  Is this normal?  I cant recall this ever happening before.
Last edited by jkristoph on April 9th, 2010, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey jkristoph,
jkristoph wrote: ...how do I achieve auto downloads for movies
MR only supports TV.  One of my future goals was to introduce support for movies but I imagine that is still somewhat in the future.  I've got plenty on my plate right now trying to get TV properly downloaded :)
jkristoph wrote: BTW Kierse where do I donate?
You can make a donation on the MR web site: http://mediarover.tv (there is a link on the right below the menu)
jkristoph wrote: One more thing, when I go through my logs I am seeing the following...

2010-04-09 18:32 INFO - cached data for series 'CSI NY', season 6 is stale.  Updating... - filesystem.py:259
2010-04-09 18:32 DEBUG - create filesystem episode: FilesystemEpisode(series='CSI NY',season=6,daily=False,episode=16,title='',filename='CSI NY - S6E16',extension='mkv') - filesystem.py:197
2010-04-09 18:32 INFO - found 7 episodes on disk - filesystem.py:207

This only appears for 2 items and seems to be happening every time I run the script.  Is this normal?  I cant recall this ever happening before.
Don't worry, these are normal debugging messages that get generated whenever MR searches for existing episodes on disk.  If you'd prefer not to see them, you can set the debugging threshold level in the logging config file and they won't be displayed.

Kierse
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

kierse wrote:
wally007 wrote: Seems like job completion parameter is not read correctly by Media Rover's sorting script. ( Using latest Sab and Media Rover )
Hey wally007,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy adding quality support to MR!  This issue has been fixed and will be released with the changes introducing quality support.  I'm making the finishing touches to the sorting script now, will then do some testing to make sure everything works (ish), before pushing to the dev branch.

It won't be long now!

Kierse
Thanks. Care to explain how you approached quality support ?
jkristoph

Post by jkristoph »

Hey guys, is there anyway that I can change the order in which rss-sources are accessed.  i.e. I would like my nzbs and tvnzb sources used only if content is not found at nzbmatrix.
kierse

Post by kierse »

jkristoph wrote: Hey guys, is there anyway that I can change the order in which rss-sources are accessed.  i.e. I would like my nzbs and tvnzb sources used only if content is not found at nzbmatrix.
Not currently, though that does sound like a good idea.  How does this sound: rather than the current implementation whereby sources are organized by service (nzbs, tvnzb, nzbmatrix, etc), they be listed in the order by which they should be checked.  Does that sound like it would meet your needs?

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey wally007
wally007 wrote: Thanks. Care to explain how you approached quality support ?
Sure thing.  Here are a few details about the implementation:
  • makes use of a sqlite database
  • requires user to specify a quality level for each configured source
  • users can now specify list of quality levels that are acceptable for all tv or for specific series
  • users can now specify a desired quality for all tv or for specific series
  • when quality management is turned on, MR will attempt to upgrade (or downgrade) episodes on disk to meet the user defined quality settings.
Here are a couple scenarios:

1. series has desired quality level of 'high' but will accept 'low', 'medium', or 'high' quality episodes.  Episode A on disk has quality level 'low'.
- MR will replace episode A with offerings of quality 'medium' or 'high'

2. series has desired quality level of 'high' and will accept 'low' or 'high' quality episodes.  Episode A on disk has quality level 'low'.
- MR will only replace episode A with an offering of quality 'high'

3. series has desired quality level of 'low' and will accept 'low', 'medium', or 'high' quality episodes.  Episode A on disk has quality level 'medium'.
- MR will only replace episode A with an offering of quality 'low'

4. series has desired quality level of 'high' and will accept 'low', 'medium', or 'high' quality episodes.  Episode A on disk has unknown quality.
- MR consults the database for episode quality.  If/when it encounters an episode with unknown quality, it assumes the episode meets the desired level and moves on

In addition to the quality improvements, I've added support for the new job completion status value passed by SABnzbd to all post-processing scripts, updated MR to support having series folders split across multiple tv_root directories,  as well as a host of other changes I'm sure I've forgotten to mention.

Kierse
jkristoph

Post by jkristoph »

kierse wrote:
jkristoph wrote: Hey guys, is there anyway that I can change the order in which rss-sources are accessed.  i.e. I would like my nzbs and tvnzb sources used only if content is not found at nzbmatrix.
Not currently, though that does sound like a good idea.  How does this sound: rather than the current implementation whereby sources are organized by service (nzbs, tvnzb, nzbmatrix, etc), they be listed in the order by which they should be checked.  Does that sound like it would meet your needs?

Kierse
That would be perfect.  I actually edited the order in mediarover.conf expecting this result.  Another question, how do you currently deal with encrypted downloads.  Last week almost every file downloaded through nzbs came back encrypted and I was left with unplayable but correctly names episodes "espison_name.r0"
kierse

Post by kierse »

jkristoph wrote: Another question, how do you currently deal with encrypted downloads.  Last week almost every file downloaded through nzbs came back encrypted and I was left with unplayable but correctly names episodes "espison_name.r0"
Starting with version 0.5.0, SABnzbd now passes a status flag to all post-processing scripts that can be used to identify encrypted RARs and other unpack errors.  I have updated MR to work with this new status flag and will be releasing the changes once I've completed some more testing.

Kierse
jkristoph

Post by jkristoph »

....and MR keeps getting better!