Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Media Rover

Post by wally007 »

I'm afraid i'm not up to date then. I wasnt able to delay scheduling download nzb's in .4.1 and i havent upgraded since because mostly it works beautifully.

I'm afraid to upgrade because i'm not home during the week and girlfriend is lost without GUI ( and she needs her tv shows :- ) )
mike171562

Post by mike171562 »

Kierse, thanks for the help, but unfortunately, it didnt work, i sanitized my pevious post, upgraded to your new version and fixed all my config files, it still skips the show im trying to get due to the strings after the title, "MY SHOW - extrastrings/here" anyway around this? Thanks
kierse wrote: Hey mike171562,

A couple of things:

1. I'm assuming you're running MR 0.4.1, is that right? I released 0.5.0 earlier today and it is considerably different than 0.4.1.  Update to the newest stable release and try again, I suspect that your problem has been fixed.

2. Unfortunately you can't use any kind of wild card / regular expression with aliases.  MR takes an alias as is and compares it to available nzb reports.

3. Sanitize your forum posts and remove the series name.  You don't want to get in trouble by the forum moderators  :)

Update your copy of MR and let me know how it goes.  There have been quite a few changes so go over the configuration file closely.

Kierse

EDIT:

I deleted the folder for my show in the"TV" folder and recreated it and it is now working, weird, maybe a permissions problem? Thanks for the help
Last edited by mike171562 on July 9th, 2010, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey mike171562,
mike171562 wrote: Kierse, thanks for the help, but unfortunately, it didnt work, i sanitized my pevious post, upgraded to your new version and fixed all my config files, it still skips the show im trying to get due to the strings after the title, "MY SHOW - extrastrings/here" anyway around this? Thanks

EDIT:

I deleted the folder for my show in the"TV" folder and recreated it and it is now working, weird, maybe a permissions problem? Thanks for the help
Strange, I figured it had to be something simple like that.  Let me know if you run into any further troubles

Kierse
g1zm0

Post by g1zm0 »

Sorry but i just cant get the sorting to work anymore :-(  Im clearly rubbish, just when i thought i was doing so well.

In a world where this:

F:\USENET\FINISHED

is the link to my finished downloads folder, what would be the NZB script to call sorting into action?

Many many thanks!!
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey g1zm0,

Sorry for the late reply.  Lets see if we can figure out what's going wrong here...
g1zm0 wrote: Sorry but i just cant get the sorting to work anymore :-(  Im clearly rubbish, just when i thought i was doing so well.

In a world where this:

F:\USENET\FINISHED

is the link to my finished downloads folder, what would be the NZB script to call sorting into action?

Many many thanks!!
I assume that you are attempting to manually sort a downloaded episode?  In order to do that, you need the full path to the folder created by SABnzbd when it unpacked the episode.  For example, say you downloaded an NZB titled "Some.Show.s01e01.some.extra.crap".  SABnzbd would create the following:

Code: Select all

F:\USENET\FINISHED\Some.Show.s01e01.some.extra.crap\
That folder will contain (among other things) the episode file that MR is looking for.  Now that we have the actual download folder, its time to tell MR to sort the episode:

> python mediarover.py episode-sort F:\USENET\FINISHED\Some.Show.s01e01.some.extra.crap
If you have quality management turned on and you know the quality of the episode, you can also specify it:

> python mediarover.py episode-sort F:\USENET\FINISHED\Some.Show.s01e01.some.extra.crap high
Does this help?

Kierse

Post by avatarr »

Is quality management handled in the current stable release or is that still the beta / dev version only? Also, when moving to that version, will there be a config migration/import or will it have to be manually configured again due to the changes?
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey avatarr,
avatarr wrote: Is quality management handled in the current stable release or is that still the beta / dev version only? Also, when moving to that version, will there be a config migration/import or will it have to be manually configured again due to the changes?
Yes, quality management was released with the latest stable version of MR, version 0.5.0.  As for your config file, there were a couple of changes between 0.4.1 and 0.5.0 that will require you to regenerate them.  I believe the only major changes were to the source section, everything else is pretty much the same.

Please note, the command to generate the config files has changed slightly:

> python mediarover.py write-configs
In order to take full advantage of the new quality management system, you're going to want to give MR quality information for your existing collection:

> python mediarover.py set-quality --no-series-prompt
It doesn't take long but is well worth the effort.  See my earlier post (http://forums.sabnzbd.org/http://forums ... 430#p33430) for more details on the 0.5.0 release.

Kierse
g1zm0

Post by g1zm0 »

Hey Kierse,

Thanks for the reply, im actually trying to get SAB to call the script automatically when the download has finished, like I used to in the previous release.

Thanks!
kierse

Post by kierse »

g1zm0 wrote: Hey Kierse,

Thanks for the reply, im actually trying to get SAB to call the script automatically when the download has finished, like I used to in the previous release.

Thanks!
Ahh ok, sorry about that.  Due to a design decision in the 0.5.0 release, you MUST use one of the shell scripts provided with MR (if you already weren't doing so).  Here's what you'll need to do to get sorting working in SAB:

1. copy scripts/episode_sort.bat.example to the SAB scripts directory and rename it to episode_sort.bat
2. edit episode_sort.bat and fill in the necessary parameters.
  ROOT = path to mediarover
  PYTHON = path to python executable
  CONFIG = path to config directory.  Only need to set this if you used a non-standard location
3. in SAB go to Config > Categories.  Set the script drop down to episode_sort.bat and save
4. Done

If you were already using one of the shell scripts, you'll need to use the latest version provided with MR as there were some changes affecting how episode sorting is called (as you've obviously found out).

Hope that helps!  Let me know how it goes.

Kierse
jansverre

Post by jansverre »

Hi. I have been using mediarover for quote some time now, on my windows system. However I have now changed to linux and set up everything. And sab is working great and mediarover is downloading episodes , but. When it comes to sorting, it tries to move the episodes to a hardisk that is full. I have one hardisk with tv_shows folder to watch and another hardisk with folder tv_shows_2  - It scans both folders, but instead of puting the episodes in tv_shows2, it puts it in tv_shows wich again is full :p and theefore it fails.

So .. What I am wondering is, where do I set path to where it should move the sorted shows?

Im running mediarover 0.5.3 rc1 btw

jansverre :)
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hi jansverre,
jansverre wrote: Hi. I have been using mediarover for quote some time now, on my windows system. However I have now changed to linux and set up everything. And sab is working great and mediarover is downloading episodes , but. When it comes to sorting, it tries to move the episodes to a hardisk that is full. I have one hardisk with tv_shows folder to watch and another hardisk with folder tv_shows_2  - It scans both folders, but instead of puting the episodes in tv_shows2, it puts it in tv_shows wich again is full :p and theefore it fails.

So .. What I am wondering is, where do I set path to where it should move the sorted shows?

Im running mediarover 0.5.3 rc1 btw

jansverre :)
Media Rover generally sorts an episode to the disk where a series is first encountered.  If you have two tv_roots configured (tv_root = tv_shows, tv_shows_2), MR will try and sort the episode to tv_shows.  If you reorganize  your tv_root list to put the disk with the most space first (tv_root = tv_shows_2, tv_shows), MR will try and sort the episode on tv_shows_2 instead. 

A few other things to note about episode sorting:

1. MR tries to sort an episode to the first disk that a series appears on.  It "Some Show" exists on tv_shows_2 but not tv_shows, MR will attempt to sort the episode to tv_shows_2 even though tv_shows is listed first in tv_root (tv_root = tv_shows, tv_shows_2)

2. MR attempts to sort an episode into an already existing season folder.  If "Some Show" has the folder s03 on tv_shows_2 but not in tv_shows, MR will sort the episode there rather than create a new folder in tv_shows.

I'll look at adding a free space check to the sorting process ASAP.  In the meantime, I would suggest rearranging your tv_root list, I suspect that will solve your problem.

Kierse
jansverre

Post by jansverre »

Thanks for the quick reply :D I'll try to change roots :)

jansverre
g1zm0

Post by g1zm0 »

ok, ok , ok Im still going wrong somewhere.  This is the script im using:

@ECHO OFF

REM filesystem direct path to Media Rover?s episodesort script
SET ROOT=C:\SCRIPTS\mediarover

REM filesystem path to configuration directory
IF DEFINED LOCALAPPDATA
(
# Vista and newer
SET CONFIG=?LOCALAPPDATA\Mediarover
)
ELSE
(
# XP
SET CONFIG=?APPDATA\Mediarover
)

REM filesystem path to python installation
SET PYTHON=c:\Python26\pythonw.exe

REM invoke Media Rover episode sorting script
%PYTHON% %ROOT% -c %CONFIG% %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

But its a no go....
kierse

Post by kierse »

g1zm0 wrote:

01. @ECHO OFF
03. REM filesystem direct path to Media Rover?s episodesort script
04. SET ROOT=C:\SCRIPTS\mediarover
06. REM filesystem path to configuration directory
07. IF DEFINED LOCALAPPDATA
09. (
10. # Vista and newer
11. SET CONFIG=?LOCALAPPDATA\Mediarover
12. )
13. ELSE
14. (
15. # XP
16. SET CONFIG=?APPDATA\Mediarover
17. )
19. REM filesystem path to python installation
20. SET PYTHON=c:\Python26\pythonw.exe
22. REM invoke Media Rover episode sorting script
23. %PYTHON% %ROOT% -c %CONFIG% %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7
I'm not super familiar with MS batch files, but I'll do my best:

1) In line 11 and 16, you are using LOCALAPPDATA and APPDATA without wrapping them in '%'.  In order to use them in a variable assignment I believe they need to be referenced like %LOCALAPPDATA% and %APPDATA%.  I could be wrong here, perhaps one of the other Windows users will pipe up if I'm wrong.

2) you aren't calling mediarover in line 23.  %ROOT% points to the folder containing Media Rover, it doesn't point to the script that needs to be executed.  Furthermore, you aren't passing the episode-sort command.  This is what line 23 should look like:

%PYTHON% %ROOT%\mediarover.py episode-sort -c %CONFIG% %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7
Out of curiosity, why don't you just use the shell script that comes included with MR? It does exactly what you are trying to accomplish without the headache?

Kierse
g1zm0

Post by g1zm0 »

I thought that WAS the script included with media rover?? lol!