Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Media Rover

Post by wally007 »

kierse wrote:
Kierse
Thanks for explaining in depth alias feature. i'll try it sometime this weekend when i have more time but if it works as you say , it's pretty sweet.

As far as .5.Beta vs .4.11 Final .... i dont remember what it was about .5 release but i cant fanthom going to to .4.* version.
.5.Alphas and now .5.Betas are a LOT more stable than their names indicate. I'll rather wait for a fix and get duplicates in the meantime than go back :-)  
Last edited by wally007 on December 15th, 2009, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

I'm getting weird issue where sorted episodes ( and created folders ) are getting NO ACCESS permissions. Desired would be to grand read (and in my case even write ) access everyone.

Because as it is now, i can see episodes on my server but not on my laptop that is connected via AFP guest account. Any way to stop sorter setting these strict  permissions ? I'm on Snow Leopard if that helps.

EDIT -> this was Path Finder fault. I made directories with Path Finder and by default Path Finder makes very restricted directories. Never noticed it before. Finally after two days of studying what umask is and trying all kinds of things it this. Sometimes i hate computers , they do thing EXACTLY what you tell them. wtf ?! :-)
Last edited by wally007 on December 18th, 2009, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hi everyone,

A couple of quick announcements:

1. SABnzbd 0.5.0 support - after months of procrastinating, I finally took a look at the new 0.5.0 betas and have updated MR as necessary.  A couple of highlights:
  • priority scheduling
  • fixed the irritating "Authentication missing" warning
  • fixed queue checking
See http://mediarover.tv/2009/12/18/Support ... zbd-0.5.0/ for more details

2. Project donations - several users have asked me a few times if there was any way they could donate to the project.  I've added a PayPal donation link below the navigation menu on http://mediarover.tv and there will be a donation link on the GitHub project page shortly.

For those of you using one of the SABnzbd 0.5.0 betas, I would suggest upgrading to the latest development code.  As mentioned above, it fixes a couple of irritating bugs and introduces some new features available in the new betas.  As always, please let me know if you run into any problems.

Kierse
Duffman

Post by Duffman »

Finally got it working thanks man it rocks!

I do feel like a GUI that simply edited the sources and adding in all basic SABnzbd info easier would help out newbies alot.
Last edited by Duffman on December 20th, 2009, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

kierse wrote: Hi everyone,

A couple of quick announcements:

1. SABnzbd 0.5.0 support - after months of procrastinating, I finally took a look at the new 0.5.0 betas and have updated MR as necessary.  A couple of highlights:
  • priority scheduling
  • fixed the irritating "Authentication missing" warning
  • fixed queue checking
See http://mediarover.tv/2009/12/18/Support ... zbd-0.5.0/ for more details

2. Project donations - several users have asked me a few times if there was any way they could donate to the project.  I've added a PayPal donation link below the navigation menu on http://mediarover.tv and there will be a donation link on the GitHub project page shortly.

For those of you using one of the SABnzbd 0.5.0 betas, I would suggest upgrading to the latest development code.  As mentioned above, it fixes a couple of irritating bugs and introduces some new features available in the new betas.  As always, please let me know if you run into any problems.

Kierse
... and i just spent last few days downgrading to .4.12 to get MediaRover working correctly. Bummer :-)

Is there anything else new besides compatibility with .5.Beta sabnzbd ?
kierse

Post by kierse »

wally007 wrote: ... and i just spent last few days downgrading to .4.12 to get MediaRover working correctly. Bummer :-)

Sorry about that wally007. And no, all updates fixed issues that occurred when running SABnzbd 0.5.0

Kierse
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

kierse wrote:
wally007 wrote: ... and i just spent last few days downgrading to .4.12 to get MediaRover working correctly. Bummer :-)

Sorry about that wally007. And no, all updates fixed issues that occurred when running SABnzbd 0.5.0

Kierse
haha no problem. MediaRover is becoming single most important app in my set up besides Plex. I've set up newzbin and nzbs.org but would like to use nzbmatrix as well. Will rss feeds work ? ( you must have VIP account for that ). If you dont have one and you're interested in adding support and i'll try to help. Let me know.
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey everyone,

A few people have been asking and I've finally done it.  Media Rover now supports nzbmatrix.com!  Download the latest release from the development branch at http://mediarover.tv/#installation

Kierse
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

thanks alot. Will give it a try this weekend and report back. I keep getting amazed every day when i get home from work how great this app is :-)
revelation_22

Post by revelation_22 »

kierse wrote: Hey everyone,

A few people have been asking and I've finally done it.  Media Rover now supports nzbmatrix.com!  Download the latest release from the development branch at http://mediarover.tv/#installation

Kierse
How do I configure the nzbmatrix plugin to use my username and apikey? I can't seem to make it work. Here is the error:

Error getting url https://nzbmatrix.com/api-nzb-download. ... e=&apikey= (cause= "Problem accessing nzbmatrix server (invalid_login)")

Thanks
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hi revelation_22,
revelation_22 wrote: How do I configure the nzbmatrix plugin to use my username and apikey? I can't seem to make it work. Here is the error:

Error getting url https://nzbmatrix.com/api-nzb-download. ... e=&apikey= (cause= "Problem accessing nzbmatrix server (invalid_login)")
First of all, generate your RSS feed using http://rss.nzbmatrix.com.  There are two methods available to download from nzbmatrix:

1. Set your username / API key in SABnzbd.  This requires SABnzbd 0.5.0 or greater
2. When using the RSS generator, construct a feed that includes download links.

As I said, I tested both options and they worked as expected (nzb was scheduled with SABnzbd).  I was testing against SABnzbd 0.5.0.beta4 and the latest Media Rover code base. 

Note: all code changes since the release of MR 0.3.0 on the development branch are geared towards SABnzbd 0.5.0 and newer.  If you continue to encounter problems and you are running an older version of SABnzbd, I would suggest upgrading.

Kierse
revelation_22

Post by revelation_22 »

kierse wrote: Hi revelation_22,
revelation_22 wrote: How do I configure the nzbmatrix plugin to use my username and apikey? I can't seem to make it work. Here is the error:

First of all, generate your RSS feed using http://rss.nzbmatrix.com.  There are two methods available to download from nzbmatrix:

1. Set your username / API key in SABnzbd.  This requires SABnzbd 0.5.0 or greater
2. When using the RSS generator, construct a feed that includes download links.

As I said, I tested both options and they worked as expected (nzb was scheduled with SABnzbd).  I was testing against SABnzbd 0.5.0.beta4 and the latest Media Rover code base.  

Note: all code changes since the release of MR 0.3.0 on the development branch are geared towards SABnzbd 0.5.0 and newer.  If you continue to encounter problems and you are running an older version of SABnzbd, I would suggest upgrading.

Kierse
Thanks Kierse. Much appreciated. The link to http://rss.nzbmatrix.com is what I needed. Some how I over looked the tiny little RSS2.0 button in the footer. Also missed the nzbmatrix config in SABnzbd 0.5.0
Last edited by revelation_22 on January 6th, 2010, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

I was just thinking the other day at work how i'd go about solving SD->HD problem and i had an idea. I think MediaRover could have 2 types of RSS readers each with different privileges. Lets say lower priority feeds ( Number 1 ) would be SD and higher priority feeds would be HD ( Number 2 ) ( All nzb sites offer ability to filter HD and SD files so it wouldnt be problem to make sure SD stuff (No.1) doesnt get into HD (No.2) and vice versa )

So if No.1 feeds find nzb i'm looking for it'd set permissions READ-WRITE to resulting video file. Once this is done No.1 feeds stop looking for this episode. Feeds No.2 will still consider this episode as "not downloaded" since it has READ-WRITE permissions and it is considering only "READ ONLY" episodes as downloaded. So if No.2 finds same episode it'll have permissions to delete previously downloaded file by feeds No.1 and lock the new video file to READ-ONLY status. At this point both No.1 and No.2 consider this episode as downloaded.

I hope this makes sense. If i could program my way out of the box i'd try something like this but i unfortunately lack the knowledge. I'm not sure if something like this is possible so correct me if i'm wrong or if there's better way doing it without using crazy database tables which IMO would be overkill.
Last edited by wally007 on January 7th, 2010, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lockzi

Post by Lockzi »

wally007 wrote: I was just thinking the other day at work how i'd go about solving SD->HD problem and i had an idea. I think MediaRover could have 2 types of RSS readers each with different privileges. Lets say lower priority feeds ( Number 1 ) would be SD and higher priority feeds would be HD ( Number 2 ) ( All nzb sites offer ability to filter HD and SD files so it wouldnt be problem to make sure SD stuff (No.1) doesnt get into HD (No.2) and vice versa )

So if No.1 feeds find nzb i'm looking for it'd set permissions READ-WRITE to resulting video file. Once this is done No.1 feeds stop looking for this episode. Feeds No.2 will still consider this episode as "not downloaded" since it has READ-WRITE permissions and it is considering only "READ ONLY" episodes as downloaded. So if No.2 finds same episode it'll have permissions to delete previously downloaded file by feeds No.1 and lock the new video file to READ-ONLY status. At this point both No.1 and No.2 consider this episode as downloaded.

I hope this makes sense. If i could program my way out of the box i'd try something like this but i unfortunately lack the knowledge. I'm not sure if something like this is possible so correct me if i'm wrong or if there's better way doing it without using crazy database tables which IMO would be overkill.

I believe it's better to let Media Rover keep track on what's been downloaded. I would also love the functionality to only allow HD for specific shows.

How do you other media rover users get missed old episodes?
Like for instance S02 E13 when the show is running at season 7 something?

Regards,
Lockzi
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

If you want MediaRover to keep track of what it has downloaded ( and from where ) you're gonna need database. My point was to make functionality working without database.

your HD problem is very easy to solve. Have two instances of MediaRover and supply your 2nd MediaRover with HD generated RSS feeds. ( of course set up conf files accordingly )

" Like for instance S02 E13 when the show is running at season 7 something? "

unless someone posts 5 year old episode you're not gonna get it using MediaRover. You'll have much better luck looking for Season2 DVD of whatever show you want.