Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
jayman

Re: Media Rover

Post by jayman »

kierse wrote:
jayman wrote: The log from mediarover looks like it sees the show and queues it just fine.  In fact, it recognizes it with a season number and an episode number as opposed to a date:

2009-07-18 09:14 INFO - item 'The Colb Report 5x95' successfully queued for download - queue.py:91
I haven't encountered daily episodes that are named like this.  Which site was the nzb from?

It was from Newzbin.  My reason for wanting SXXEXX format for these is a selfish one.  I use Popcornhour with a program called yamj that unfortunately only recognizes this format and not the date format.  If I can learn python in the next few months I'll wip something up that uses thetvdb.com which does have a getepisodebyairdate xml for each series.
kierse

Post by kierse »

jayman wrote: I agree.  I only have one folder for the series in question, however MR makes another folder for the two late night shows with a dot in between the names, "Conan.ORyan".  Therefore, you end up with two folders. 
Very strange.  I created a folder  called "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien"  and MR downloaded a couple of episodes (from Newzbin) and put them in the correct spot.  Can send me your MR and SAB config files?  A couple other users are also having strange problems that I can't reproduce and I'm wondering if its just a configuration issue between SAB and MR.

Kierse
jayman

Post by jayman »

Hey Kierse.  Here are my two config files.  
jayman

Post by jayman »

I just ran the test that you ran and now it works fine.  I wonder if it was a different feed other than newzbin or whether I had screwed episode_sort.py script by telling SAB to sort TV episodes before.  In any case, it works now.  thanks.
daniel_owen_uk
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by daniel_owen_uk »

Is there a simple guide to installing on windows?
jayman

Post by jayman »

just go to the mediarover website.  what you do in a nutshell is cmd the mediarover.py --write configs.  Then you find the config file (in "application" folder) and set it up to where your tv shows are and what rss feeds to use.  Once you've done that you can just double-click on the mediarover.py file to run it once.  You can then configure windows scheduler to run it every (how often you want it).  The only problem with windows scheduler is that you have to make a .bat file that will run mediarover so that windows scheduler can run that.  Let me know if you need to know how to do this.
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

You can then configure windows scheduler to run it every (how often you want it).  The only problem with windows scheduler is that you have to make a .bat file that will run mediarover so that windows scheduler can run that.  Let me know if you need to know how to do this.
You don't need a bat script at all :)
Just get windows scheduler to run it like this F:\Python\pythonw.exe F:\Python\Scripts\Mediarover\mediarover.py

An issue with running it windowless (pythonW.exe) is that MR still wants to send stuff to the window and it doesn't run.
Kierse will probably tell you the change you need to make. I forget, sorry.

I actually have a really nifty solution now, I don't use windows scheduler at all.
I have a ridiculously simple mirc script that looks out for the shownames I want (from the newzbin #edcentral bot) then runs mediarover.
It's a shame newzbin don't provide a public announce bot actually. I can't imagine they enjoy being hammered every 15 minutes/periodically by countless users with scripts and apps like mediarover. If they had a bot people could use a solution like mine and it'd reduce load..
Anyway that's probably for another topic, hehe

@Kierse
I'll get to sending you my config files eventually, heh.
I'm quite sick at the moment.
jayman

Post by jayman »

rollingeyeball wrote:
You can then configure windows scheduler to run it every (how often you want it).  The only problem with windows scheduler is that you have to make a .bat file that will run mediarover so that windows scheduler can run that.  Let me know if you need to know how to do this.
You don't need a bat script at all :)
Just get windows scheduler to run it like this F:\Python\pythonw.exe F:\Python\Scripts\Mediarover\mediarover.py

An issue with running it windowless (pythonW.exe) is that MR still wants to send stuff to the window and it doesn't run.
Kierse will probably tell you the change you need to make. I forget, sorry.

I actually have a really nifty solution now, I don't use windows scheduler at all.
I have a ridiculously simple mirc script that looks out for the shownames I want (from the newzbin #edcentral bot) then runs mediarover.
It's a shame newzbin don't provide a public announce bot actually. I can't imagine they enjoy being hammered every 15 minutes/periodically by countless users with scripts and apps like mediarover. If they had a bot people could use a solution like mine and it'd reduce load..
Anyway that's probably for another topic, hehe

@Kierse
I'll get to sending you my config files eventually, heh.
I'm quite sick at the moment.
I actually use windows scheduler with a bat file but I also used a program called hidecmd.exe so that every 15 mintues the cmd window doesn't come up.
kierse

Post by kierse »

jayman wrote: I actually use windows scheduler with a bat file but I also used a program called hidecmd.exe so that every 15 mintues the cmd window doesn't come up.
The change to run using pythonw.exe (windowless mode) is fairly straightforward.  Here are the steps I sent rollingeyeball
1. open logging.conf (in same folder as mediarover.conf)
2. locate the following line under [logger_root] and [logger_mediarover]

handlers = logfile,screen

and change it to be

handlers = logfile

This will stop Media Rover from writing any logging data to the screen.  It should still show up in the log files as per usual.
Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

A couple of quick updates:

1. I've updated the Media Rover website (http://mediarover.tv) with an announcements section/page.  I'll be posting releases and other important info there first.  Check it out!

2. I've tagged Media Rover 0.1.0.  It includes all code released up to July 16th.  See the official announcement here

3. I just pushed several code updates that will definitely affect everyone:
  • Updated default config path in Windows
  • Added a basic config file versioning system
  • Updated all generated filesystem paths to follow OS conventions
  • And much, much more!
ATTENTION: due to the changes in the config system, you WILL need to regenerate your config files.  See the official announcement for more details.

The new code pushed today will likely form the basis for MR 0.2.0, which (baring any major issues) will be tagged in the next few days.  In the mean time, I'll be knocking off as many bugs as possible before continuing work on the new UI.

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

rollingeyeball wrote: Also, Kierse If you're reading this, Can I ask that the sXXsXX formatted titles have the S and E capitalised? It's a simple thing that annoys me a lot.
Done.  MR has actually supported this functionality for a while I just hadn't documented it anywhere :-[.  To get uppercase data from the template system, all you have to do is use uppercase variables.  For example:

$(season_episode_1)s      => s01e10
$(SEASON_EPISODE_1)s => S01E10

You can uppercase all template variables and MR will uppercase the output text (where applicable).

Kierse
funtek

Post by funtek »

First off, let me say I really appreciate your work. The script has come a long way from the original Popcorn-arsonist one!

I've found a 'bug' which is more of a limitation... your sorting and queuing scripts don't seem to handle 3 digit episode numbers. I've only had this problem with one show (because most show that have >100 episodes a year a named in a 'daily' fashion), but it is a little annoying :)

The show in question is Attack of the Show!, log excerpt below from mediarover:

2009-07-22 13:52 INFO - cached data for series 'Attack of the Show!', season 5 is stale.  Updating... - filesystem.py:246
2009-07-22 13:52 INFO - found 1 episodes on disk - filesystem.py:200
2009-07-22 13:52 INFO - episode 'Attack of the Show! - 5x12' FOUND on disk - filesystem.py:69
2009-07-22 13:52 INFO - skipping 'Attack Of The Show! - 5x124 - Season 5, Episode 124', already on disk - __init__.py:361

the file that's on disk is: Attack of the Show! - s05e12 - Season 5, Episode 122

So extrapolating, it looks like the script will download every 10th episode!
jivey

Post by jivey »

I have been trying to set up media rover 0.0.1 on freenas unsuccessfully.  I have my config file tv_root = /mnt/Disk1/downloads/complete/tvtivo. I can past it out of my config file and cd to it, so I know it is not a path problem.  I have setup a RSS feed to newzbin and created a folder under my tv_root_dir with the name as of the [source] / [newzbin] / [xxxxx] in the config.  What am I doing wrong.  Please help.

This is what I am getting.  

2009-07-25 23:48 ERROR - episode 'xxxxx - 1x05' does not exist on disk - error.py:45
2009-07-25 23:48 ERROR - syntax error: line 1, column 0 - __init__.py:98

Code: Select all

freenas:/mnt/Disk1/mediarover# python mediarover.py -c /mnt/Disk1/mediarover
2009-07-25 23:48 INFO - --- STARTING --- - __init__.py:91
2009-07-25 23:48 INFO - begin processing tv directory: /mnt/Disk1/downloads/complete/tvtivo - __init__.py:137
2009-07-25 23:48 INFO - watching 1 tv show(s) - __init__.py:200
2009-07-25 23:48 INFO - begin processing sources - __init__.py:203
2009-07-25 23:48 INFO - found feed 'xxxxx' - __init__.py:219
2009-07-25 23:48 INFO - watching 1 source(s) - __init__.py:250
2009-07-25 23:48 INFO - processing 'xxxxx' items - __init__.py:313
2009-07-25 23:48 ERROR - episode 'xxxxx - 1x05' does not exist on disk - error.py:45
2009-07-25 23:48 ERROR - syntax error: line 1, column 0 - __init__.py:98
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/Disk1/mediarover/mediarover/__init__.py", line 96, in main
    _process(config, options, args)
  File "/mnt/Disk1/mediarover/mediarover/__init__.py", line 365, in _process
    if queue.in_queue(episode):
  File "/mnt/Disk1/mediarover/mediarover/queues/sabnzbd/queue.py", line 102, in in_queue
    for job in self.jobs():
  File "/mnt/Disk1/mediarover/mediarover/queues/sabnzbd/queue.py", line 45, in jobs
    self.__get_document()
  File "/mnt/Disk1/mediarover/mediarover/queues/sabnzbd/queue.py", line 188, in __get_document
    self.__document = xml.dom.minidom.parseString(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/xml/dom/minidom.py", line 1923, in parseString
    return expatbuilder.parseString(string)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
    return builder.parseString(string)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
    parser.Parse(string, True)
ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "mediarover.py", line 19, in <module>
    mediarover.main()
  File "/mnt/Disk1/mediarover/mediarover/__init__.py", line 96, in main
    _process(config, options, args)
  File "/mnt/Disk1/mediarover/mediarover/__init__.py", line 365, in _process
    if queue.in_queue(episode):
  File "/mnt/Disk1/mediarover/mediarover/queues/sabnzbd/queue.py", line 102, in in_queue
    for job in self.jobs():
  File "/mnt/Disk1/mediarover/mediarover/queues/sabnzbd/queue.py", line 45, in jobs
    self.__get_document()
  File "/mnt/Disk1/mediarover/mediarover/queues/sabnzbd/queue.py", line 188, in __get_document
    self.__document = xml.dom.minidom.parseString(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/xml/dom/minidom.py", line 1923, in parseString
    return expatbuilder.parseString(string)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
    return builder.parseString(string)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
    parser.Parse(string, True)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 0
Answer - Once I setup the "optional" backup directory (Location where .nzb will be backed up) in SABnzbd and add it to the MR config. My error went away and it is now working.
Last edited by jivey on July 26th, 2009, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayman

Post by jayman »

I'm having a problem with the sabnzb_episode_sort.py script.  I am getting this error:

ERROR: configuration directory (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Mediarover) does not exist.  Do you need to run `C:\Users\jay\Downloads\kierse-mediarover-01399cd2af4113d6ac4dfa537b40c0e7b10ebda4\kierse-mediarover-01399cd2af4113d6ac4dfa537b40c0e7b10ebda4\scripts\sabnzbd_episode_sort.py --write-configs`?

I tried --write configs to sabnzbd_episode_sort.py and it doesn't work.  I've already done --write configs to mediarover.py and set up my configuration.
kierse

Post by kierse »

jivey wrote: Answer - Once I setup the "optional" backup directory (Location where .nzb will be backed up) in SABnzbd and add it to the MR config. My error went away and it is now working.
Jivey: I've been trying to replicate your problem without success.  Did you make any other changes to your config (other than populating the nzb backup flag)?  Also, would you mind sending me a copy of your config file?  I'd like to track this one down if I can

Thanks,
Kierse