Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Media Rover

Post by rollingeyeball »

It checks your set download folder against shownames from the rss, so it's a dynamic 'watched list'.
You only need to specify shows and/or seasons you don't want.

It's good in case a show has jumped the shark and you no longer feel compelled to watch after season X.
Or If you only have 4 episodes of a show and you may get more one day but not automatically.
Or if for example, you have season 1 of a series on DVD on a shelf but you're downloading seasons 2 and up

I hope that cleared it up. Bad luck on having a mac :P :P :P
Lockzi

Post by Lockzi »

Hi,

upgraded MR after your suggestion... It's been running without downloading now for a couple of days.
I left the old conf directory with all the files in it, did any more options get added since 0.2?

In the logs I keep on getting:

2009-11-23 11:55 ERROR - episode 'An Awesome Show - 3x09' does not exist on disk - error.py:45

Of course it doesn't so why doesn't it download it for me?

I appreciate all of you who are putting in your free time into this project and helping those in need.
Thanks
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

My last one of those went like this Lockzi.

Code: Select all

2009-11-23 15:20 ERROR - episode 'Parenthoodseasonisntgrowingonmeshow - 4x09' does not exist on disk - error.py:45
2009-11-23 15:20 DEBUG - checking verison of SABnzbd+ - queue.py:147
2009-11-23 15:20 DEBUG - retrieving queue from 'http://sab:sabport/sabstuff' - queue.py:163
2009-11-23 15:20 DEBUG - download 'Parenthoodseasonisntgrowingonmeshow- 4x09' NOT FOUND in queue - queue.py:108
2009-11-23 15:20 DEBUG - looking for 'msgid_<newzbinid>' in SABnzbd backup directory... - queue.py:126
2009-11-23 15:20 INFO - adding 'Parenthoodseasonisntgrowingonmeshow - 4x09 - <title>' to download list - __init__.py:430
So if you're using the same version as I am you ought to see that logging, which is pretty good now; really verbose.
Ir errors I guess. Informative errors :)
kierse

Post by kierse »

krogaw wrote: First thing: Thank you for this great tool!

One problem I'm running into is, that I add "metadata" to my season folders e.g.: "S01 (720p EN)"
An "ignore_metadata" for seasons would be great. I explained it here:

http://github.com/kierse/mediarover/issues#issue/21
Hi Krogaw,

Hmm, I haven't run into anyone else with this particular use case before.  How about this: rather than provide an option in the config file, I'll just ignore everything in brackets when identifying season directories.  Would that work for you?  Does anyone else have a problem with this solution?

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

rollingeyeball wrote: I started on a little (not so much) guide for Media Rover, but I lost motivation for it so I thought I'd just post what I had.
This was going to be a nicely detailed FAQ but somewhere it turned into a noob friendly installation guide.

I had some hours spare.

Anyway, here it is. Maybe it'll help someone out but I don't claim it to be readable or complete or accurate :P

http://pastebin.com/m35e014ed

I do still feel like MR needs a good FAQ, so I might do one of those in the next .. week or so.
For my own benefit more than anyone elses (I like notes) but I'll probably post it up if I do it.
Great idea!  I just don't seem to have the time or motivation to prepare one myself but I agree with you that one is definitely needed.  I'm going to dig around and see if I can find a more permanent location for an FAQ.  When I do, would you mind if I steal yours?

Another idea to consider is setting up a standalone wiki (instead of the github wiki, which is really basic).  Any thoughts?

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

Lockzi wrote: Hi,

upgraded MR after your suggestion... It's been running without downloading now for a couple of days.
I left the old conf directory with all the files in it, did any more options get added since 0.2?

In the logs I keep on getting:

2009-11-23 11:55 ERROR - episode 'An Awesome Show - 3x09' does not exist on disk - error.py:45

Of course it doesn't so why doesn't it download it for me?

I appreciate all of you who are putting in your free time into this project and helping those in need.
Thanks
You'll need to regenerate your config file(s) as there have been several options added since the 0.2 release.  Strange, MR should spit out an error and die when running an old config file.  I guess I better look into that...

I'm going to be releasing 0.3 sometime later this week.  There have been quite a few minor (yet important) updates/fixes since 0.2 and more and more people seem to be running into old bugs.

Regenerate your configs or wait for 0.3 to drop later this week (which will force you to regenerate them anyway).  If you're still experiencing the same issue at that point, we'll dig in further

Kierse
krogaw
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by krogaw »

kierse wrote:
krogaw wrote: First thing: Thank you for this great tool!

One problem I'm running into is, that I add "metadata" to my season folders e.g.: "S01 (720p EN)"
An "ignore_metadata" for seasons would be great. I explained it here:

http://github.com/kierse/mediarover/issues#issue/21
Hi Krogaw,

Hmm, I haven't run into anyone else with this particular use case before.  How about this: rather than provide an option in the config file, I'll just ignore everything in brackets when identifying season directories.  Would that work for you?  Does anyone else have a problem with this solution?

Kierse
Hi Kierse

I made a comment here: http://github.com/kierse/mediarover/issues#issue/21
After looking at the code I understood the problem I ran into. You are stripping out everything, but the numbers, so my "720p" screwed up the season detection. I simply put your bracket-regexp into __find_season_path and it works.

As far as I can think this shouldn't hurt any other case, so always removing everything in brackets should be fine.

Thanks for your work!
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

Great idea!  I just don't seem to have the time or motivation to prepare one myself but I agree with you that one is definitely needed.  I'm going to dig around and see if I can find a more permanent location for an FAQ.  When I do, would you mind if I steal yours?

Another idea to consider is setting up a standalone wiki (instead of the github wiki, which is really basic).  Any thoughts?
I wouldn't mind at all. A standalone wiki also sounds like a great idea. Not just for the FAQ and docs but as a better platform for you to provide notifications of new versions. Feature requests, etc. I was thinking of it yesterday actually. "MR needs a wiki" :D

Also, I can't think of any reason why ignoring brackets could be a bad thing, unless there are spinoff series' that use brackets to identify, as opposed to the more general Show: Spinoff
But that could be handled with aliases? I haven't tested those yet.
arastaf

Post by arastaf »

I have been having to much fun trying to get this to work.  :'( /sarcasm.

I updated to the v.0.3.0 after having issues with it finding the config files, and placing them in the wrong places. But now I am getting a different error.

C:\Python>python mediarover.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "mediarover.py", line 19, in <module>
    mediarover.main()
  File "C:\Python\mediarover\__init__.py", line 75, in main
    config = read_config(config_dir)
  File "C:\Python\mediarover\config.py", line 554, in read_config
    config = ConfigObj(os.path.join(path, "mediarover.conf"), configspec=spec)
  File "C:\Python\mediarover\utils\configobj.py", line 1287, in __init__
    self._load(infile, configspec)
  File "C:\Python\mediarover\utils\configobj.py", line 1370, in _load
    raise error
mediarover.utils.configobj.DuplicateError: Duplicate section name at line 146.
Flambard

Post by Flambard »

Firstly, let me say I've been using a very early version of Media Rover for what seems like forever & it's been working great up until I rebuilt my machine to Win7. Thanks for all your hard work on these scripts!  :)

I just configured v 0.3.0 on my freshly-built machine & get this error when trying to run :

2009-11-30 14:16 INFO - found 10 episodes on disk - filesystem.py:207
2009-11-30 14:16 ERROR - episode 'SomeProg - 4x10' does not exist on disk - error.py:45
2009-11-30 14:16 ERROR - syntax error: line 1, column 0 - __init__.py:99
  File "E:\Media Rover\mediarover\__init__.py", line 97, in main
    _process(config, options, args)
  File "E:\Media Rover\mediarover\__init__.py", line 363, in _process
    if queue.in_queue(episode):
  File "E:\Media Rover\mediarover\queues\sabnzbd\queue.py", line 100, in in_queue
    for job in self.jobs():
  File "E:\Media Rover\mediarover\queues\sabnzbd\queue.py", line 45, in jobs
    self.__get_document()
  File "E:\Media Rover\mediarover\queues\sabnzbd\queue.py", line 184, in __get_document
    self.__document = xml.dom.minidom.parseString(data)
  File "e:\python\lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1928, in parseString
    return expatbuilder.parseString(string)
  File "e:\python\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
    return builder.parseString(string)
  File "e:\python\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
    parser.Parse(string, True)
ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 0
  File "mediarover.py", line 19, in <module>
    mediarover.main()
  File "E:\Media Rover\mediarover\__init__.py", line 97, in main
    _process(config, options, args)
  File "E:\Media Rover\mediarover\__init__.py", line 363, in _process
    if queue.in_queue(episode):
  File "E:\Media Rover\mediarover\queues\sabnzbd\queue.py", line 100, in in_queue
    for job in self.jobs():
  File "E:\Media Rover\mediarover\queues\sabnzbd\queue.py", line 45, in jobs
    self.__get_document()
  File "E:\Media Rover\mediarover\queues\sabnzbd\queue.py", line 184, in __get_document
    self.__document = xml.dom.minidom.parseString(data)
  File "e:\python\lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1928, in parseString
    return expatbuilder.parseString(string)
  File "e:\python\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
    return builder.parseString(string)
  File "e:\python\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
    parser.Parse(string, True)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 0
Any ideas what may be causing it? I've not had it working at all on this system, but equally have never tried 0.3.0 either, so can't be sure which is causing my problem...
kierse

Post by kierse »

arastaf wrote:

Hi Arastaf,

The error you are getting is not a Media Rover error, its one produced by the library that parses the config file.  Can you post your config (or send it directly to me if you'd rather)?  I'll take a look and see if I can figure out whats going wrong.

Thanks,
Kierse

p.s. alternatively, you could have a look at this example config file: http://wiki.github.com/kierse/mediarover/config-example.  It might help you figure out whats going wrong.
kierse

Post by kierse »

Flambard wrote: Any ideas what may be causing it? I've not had it working at all on this system, but equally have never tried 0.3.0 either, so can't be sure which is causing my problem...
Hey Flambard,

Looking at the stack trace you posted, it appears Media Rover is dying when it tries to grab the Sabnzbd queue information.  Open the MR log file and look for a line like the following:
Note: logging data is stored in /logs/mediarover.log

2009-11-30 11:15 DEBUG - retrieving queue from 'http://nemesis:8080/sabnzbd/api?output=xml&apikey=<A_REALLY_LONG_KEY>&mode=qstatus' - queue.py:163
Try opening the url in a browser and see what you get.  If you get a bunch of xml data, MR and Sabnzbd are working together properly.  If you get an error message, you've got a configuration issue.  Seeing as you are now running a new installation of Sabnzbd, did you remember to set the api_key in Media Rover?  It may not have been required or even available in the older version of both MR and Sabnzbd that you were previously running.

Kier
Flambard

Post by Flambard »

kierse wrote:did you remember to set the api_key in Media Rover?
Nope, that was the problem... Thanks for the quick reply :)

Perhaps in a future version it would be good to include a slightly easier-to-follow config option? The comments in the conf file are great, but there's a lot of it & it's easy to miss some items out.
arastaf

Post by arastaf »

kierse wrote:
arastaf wrote:

Hi Arastaf,

The error you are getting is not a Media Rover error, its one produced by the library that parses the config file.  Can you post your config (or send it directly to me if you'd rather)?  I'll take a look and see if I can figure out whats going wrong.

Thanks,
Kierse

p.s. alternatively, you could have a look at this example config file: http://wiki.github.com/kierse/mediarover/config-example.  It might help you figure out whats going wrong.
Ok I think I figured it out, when I coppied from your example and pasted into my config, I didn't delete one of the [filter] lines so it looked like this.

#
        [[filter]]
                        [[filter]]
                [[[ Some weekly show ]]]
                        ignore = 1, 2, 3  # ignore seasons 1, 2, 3

[[[ A Daily Show ]]]
                        alias = "Daily Show", "Some Daily Show"

[[[ Another weekly show ]]]
                        skip = 1 # ignore series entirely
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

kierse wrote: Great idea!  I just don't seem to have the time or motivation to prepare one myself but I agree with you that one is definitely needed.  I'm going to dig around and see if I can find a more permanent location for an FAQ.  When I do, would you mind if I steal yours?

Kierse
GoogleCode has a pretty good free wiki + Code Hosting for Git/SVN, I'm hosting my SABScripts there and I know a couple others that have code hosted there, personally I like it more than SourceForge for a number of reasons, but mainly navigation (I find SF to be awkward).

-Markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com