Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
kierse

Re: Media Rover

Post by kierse »

Hey wally007,
wally007 wrote: ...i'm just wondering whether there's a feature to delay download for XX amount of minutes/hours and then "lock" the file.
Yes, you can specify a schedule delay for each source in the config file. Basically you indicate the number of times you want MR to run (after finding an nzb) before actually telling SAB about it.  For example, lets say you have a source called XVID with a schedule_delay of 1.  MR runs and finds an nzb in the XVID source feed that it wants to download.  Because there is a delay of 1, it will remember the nzb (essentially bookmarking it) for later use.  The next time MR runs, it checks to see if any of the bookmarks are ready to be processed.  Because the schedule delay is only 1, it will now reprocess the nzb (as if it was being discovered for the first time) and see if it should be downloaded. This allows you to delay scheduling of lower quality nzb's in favour of  higher quality versions that appear later.  If you run MR every 30 minutes and you want to wait 1 full hour before scheduling something, you would set its source delay to 2.  If you wanted to wait two hours, you would set the delay to 4.

As for locking the file, there is currently no support for this.  However, by using the quality management system, you can achieve the same thing fairly easily.  When setting up quality management, you have to specify two things: a list of acceptable qualities and a desired quality level.  Once MR has downloaded an episode that equals the desired quality level, it won't ever attempt to replace the episode.  This essentially leaves the episode 'locked'.

Hope that answers you question

Kier
jansverre

Post by jansverre »

hello again. It seems I was saying things was working but they where not :( Many eposdes have failed today because of full harddrives. But I have one drive that is almost empty where it should have put the newly downloaded episodes.

I don't know whty it dosn't check for free space here anymore?
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey jansverre,
jansverre wrote: hello again. It seems I was saying things was working but they where not :( Many eposdes have failed today because of full harddrives. But I have one drive that is almost empty where it should have put the newly downloaded episodes.

I don't know whty it dosn't check for free space here anymore?
I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems.  A couple of things:

1. Is SAB failing (during the download or unpack stage) or is it MR?
2. Can you send me your logs

Nothing has changed recently regarding the free space checks so I'm not sure what's going wrong.  Hopefully I'll have a better idea once I get a hold of your logs.

Kierse
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

kierse wrote: Hey wally007,
wally007 wrote: ...i'm just wondering whether there's a feature to delay download for XX amount of minutes/hours and then "lock" the file.
As for locking the file, there is currently no support for this.  However, by using the quality management system, you can achieve the same thing fairly easily.  When setting up quality management, you have to specify two things: a list of acceptable qualities and a desired quality level.  Once MR has downloaded an episode that equals the desired quality level, it won't ever attempt to replace the episode.  This essentially leaves the episode 'locked'.

Hope that answers you question

Kier
Hello Kier,

Thank for for explanation of delay source option. I dont think version I have currently installed has it but I will upgrade. Can you let me know what Sabnzbd version you're using for testing ?

What I'm not following is your explanation of 'locking' workaround.

Lets say I have SD (acceptable) and HD (desired) sources. SD is set to schedule_delay = 2 (media rover runs every hour , so delay SD version for 2 hours). How is Media Rover going to 'lock' SD version so HD version doesnt replace it, say  in 4 hours ???

Forgive me if Im missing something obvious.

Thank you
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey wally007,
wally007 wrote: What I'm not following is your explanation of 'locking' workaround.

Lets say I have SD (acceptable) and HD (desired) sources. SD is set to schedule_delay = 2 (media rover runs every hour , so delay SD version for 2 hours). How is Media Rover going to 'lock' SD version so HD version doesnt replace it, say  in 4 hours ???
Sorry, I guess I didn't completely understand what you were asking me.  There is currently no way to do what you describe.  Once an episode exists on disk that meets the desired quality level, MR will never replace it (essentially locking it). If it doesn't meet the desired quality level, it could be replaced at any time.
wally007 wrote: Also it would save some bandwidth as well. I noticed that SD versions are downloaded only hour or two before eventually HD version gets downloaded and replaces SD version. If MR was able to "bookmark" and cache for user specified time ( say 2-3 hours, in my case ) SD version and if within that time HD version doesnt show up , download it and LOCK it so it's not replaced in the future. And if HD version does show up, discard SD "bookmark" and download HD version straight away ( since its highest in the hierarchy )
The way things currently work is that MR is always on the lookout to make sure that the episodes on disk meet your desired quality level.  Obviously this doesn't work well with your particular use case.  I suppose I could extend things a bit and introduce the ability for the user to specify how long MR is on the lookout.  The problem is that MR would have to track when each and every episode was downloaded which can get tricky.  Leave it with me for a bit, I'll add your request to the issue tracker and see what I can come up with.

Kierse
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

And what if...
------------------------------
SD source = low quality
schedule delay = 2
HD source = high quality
acceptable=all
desired=low
what would happen if this was the case ? Would HD version get replaced by SD version ?

If the above does not work then ....

I dont think keeping track of what and when things download is way to go. Simple "dont replace" existing episodes on disk setting would be fine. Schedule delay setting would wait for XX amount of time before downloading and once download occurs ,  downloaded episode would be considered as "done"

I saw NEW setting " only_schedule_newer = True " which by desciption " only schedule episodes for download that are newer than what is currently found on disk." seems to do what I'm after.

Or is that something completely different ?
Last edited by wally007 on October 2nd, 2010, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

Hi Kierse,

Mediarover is working perfect for me.  I did manage to get the sort script to work and am so happy that the issue I had with shows in multiple locations as well as having the file named for the Alias I declared are all solved for now.

I do have one quick question on the sort script; after a lots of test to see if the Alias was going to be picked up, I find that the Alias is used but my file names are:

Show Name - s07e01.[None].201010101055.avi

How do I get rid of the "[None]" and the time stamp at the end of the file name?

I also noticed that when downloading a new show the sorter named the series as follows:  New.Show.Name

Is there a way to ensure I get spaces versus periods?

I am using the following in the config file
Series: (default) series = $(series)s
Season: season = $(series)s - Season $(season)02d
File: single_episode = '$(series)s - $(season_episode_1)s'

Many Many thanks!!

Greg
Last edited by pilGrim on October 10th, 2010, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine0002

Post by Blaine0002 »

This seems really great and I got it set up, but I want to fill in all my missing episodes...
However mediarover does not seem to be able to find a good list of episodes.
I think its because of short RSS feeds....
Can someone please share their source list? Thanks!
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

Blaine0002 wrote: This seems really great and I got it set up, but I want to fill in all my missing episodes...
Well MR is not really made to look for "old" episodes... MR will only see what is in  RSS feeds and that is usually only new episodes.
Blaine0002

Post by Blaine0002 »

wally007 wrote:
Blaine0002 wrote: This seems really great and I got it set up, but I want to fill in all my missing episodes...
Well MR is not really made to look for "old" episodes... MR will only see what is in  RSS feeds and that is usually only new episodes.
I was mistaken by the description.
It then scours all configured newsgroup indexing sources looking for any missing episodes and schedules them for download with SABnzbd.
Would there be a better alternative for what im trying to do? (Fill in holes in my library)
kierse

Post by kierse »

wally007 wrote: And what if...
SD source = low quality
schedule delay = 2
HD source = high quality
acceptable=all
desired=low
what would happen if this was the case ? Would HD version get replaced by SD version ?
Yes that's currently how things work, however I consider this a bug.  Ideally, if the desired quality level is discovered in a source with a scheduling delay, MR should just ignore the delay and download it immediately.  Its on my list of things to do :)
wally007 wrote: Simple "dont replace" existing episodes on disk setting would be fine
I like this idea, its clean and simple and should be fairly trivial to implement.

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hi Greg,
pilGrim wrote: Show Name - s07e01.[None].201010101055.avi

How do I get rid of the "[None]" and the time stamp at the end of the file name?
Hmmm, I'll have to look into why your getting [None].  Its obviously a bug with the quality management code though I'm not sure what's going on.  As for 201010101055, that's the year/month/day/hour/minute/second and its appended to the end of the file during sorting when MR discovers that the file being sorted already exists on disk.  If you were doing some tests to see how the Alias functionality works, my guess is that the file you were sorting already exists.  Are you getting this when SAB calls the MR sorting script?
pilGrim wrote: I also noticed that when downloading a new show the sorter named the series as follows:  New.Show.Name
Is there a way to ensure I get spaces versus periods?
When sorting an episode for a series that doesn't already exist on disk, MR uses the series name that it scraped from the nzb title.  In your case this includes several '.'. Eventually I hope to query thetvdb.com or something similar to grab actual values.  For now, your best bet is to create the folder first the way you want it named (so New Show Name) or just rename the folder after it has been sorted.

Hope that helps

Kierse
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

Hi Kierse,

kierse wrote: Hmmm, I'll have to look into why your getting [None].  Its obviously a bug with the quality management code though I'm not sure what's going on.  As for 201010101055, that's the year/month/day/hour/minute/second and its appended to the end of the file during sorting when MR discovers that the file being sorted already exists on disk.  If you were doing some tests to see how the Alias functionality works, my guess is that the file you were sorting already exists.  Are you getting this when SAB calls the MR sorting script?
I watched carefully for a new post to come down that needs the alias and all worked fine.  When I was testing I removed the file before downloading, so the script must use the logs to determine if a sort is a dupe.  It looks like the [None] was only added when a timestamp was needed due to the file being a dupe.  So all works as advertised!  THANK YOU!!!!

kierse wrote: When sorting an episode for a series that doesn't already exist on disk, MR uses the series name that it scraped from the nzb title.  In your case this includes several '.'. Eventually I hope to query thetvdb.com or something similar to grab actual values.  For now, your best bet is to create the folder first the way you want it named (so New Show Name) or just rename the folder after it has been sorted.
Ok, fully understand on this one, and it is really not a big deal.

Everything seems to be working perfect, so again a million thanks from Hong Kong as TV here sucks and this script saves me a ton of time!!

Greg
jansverre

Post by jansverre »

Hello again. The reason it wasn't soriting anymore was of corse bwecause I had downgraded mediarover .. So that wqaas not so smart. However. I have installed lates dev on my new windows 2008 server, but I get some errors when it comes to the episodesort.bat file, becase it will not let me sort. I have tried changing paths in the bat file, but I only get different types of error messgaes..

is there some problem with this on server2008? :) That you know of :p
Poag

Post by Poag »

HI Kierse,

MR is working awesomely! Sadly some of the TV shows I am getting are not quite as awesome and need converting.

Thus I am wondering how to implement this with MR.  Your example episode_sort.sh is what I currently use to get MR running at the end of a download. Could I insert a call into this which would run another script then go back and let MR move the files after the conversion has finished?

I'm looked particularly at this script https://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=5146.0. I have removed the final 'mv' section and the itunes notifyer, but am unsure as to how to call this script from sab and be sure that MR also gets its due.

I understand this is way off topic for this thread, its not your handbrake script afterall. But any advice you could share would be most appreciated!

Keep up the good work with MR! Keeping me and the misses supplied with decent tv :)