Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!

Re: Media Rover

Post by avatarr »

UPDATE:
I may be speaking to myself here, but since a lot of people use QNAP, I figured I'd update on having found the issue. I was going crazy trying to figure out the issue but I finally tracked it down to having upgraded my NAS firmware. QNAP, in the latest firmware release, apparently switched users over to a home directory scheme of "/share/homes" and the root account was included. This caused issues since I had the location in my root directory. I ended up running the following command and the scheduler is working right again:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/bin/usermod -d /root <root account name>
I do have one remaining issue now, and that's episode sorting. It seemed to run correctly after I switched to the new syntax but apparently I was wrong. I'll update my previous post on this.
older post
An update on my cron job issues. I decided to see if there was a way to capture the results of the cron job so I modified my cron job entry to to following:

0-59/10 * * * * python /root/.mediarover/mediarover.py schedule > /root/temp/mediarover.log
I think I discovered that it is running but for some reason that I can't figure out, it's giving the following result:

Configuration directory (/share/homes/<root account name>/.mediarover) does not exist.  Do you need to run `python mediarover.py configuration --write`?
No idea what's going on here. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by avatarr on March 14th, 2011, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey avatarr,
avatarr wrote: An update on my cron job issues. I decided to see if there was a way to capture the results of the cron job so I modified my cron job entry to to following:

0-59/10 * * * * python /root/.mediarover/mediarover.py schedule > /root/temp/mediarover.log
I think I discovered that it is running but for some reason that I can't figure out, it's giving the following result:

Configuration directory (/share/homes/admin/.mediarover) does not exist.  Do you need to run `python mediarover.py configuration --write`?
No idea what's going on here. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
I see your problem: when running MR, if you don't provide the location of the config directory (using --config), MR defaults to using $HOME/.mediarover. In your case, the cron job is being run by the admin user so MR is looking for /share/homes/admin/.mediarover. There are two ways you can solve this:

1. move the MR directory from /root to /shares/homes/admin/.mediarover

2. update cron job to include path to config directory:

0-59/10 * * * * python /root/.mediarover/mediarover.py schedule --config /root/.mediarover > /root/temp/mediarover.log
Seeing as you didn't have this problem before, my guess is that when you updated the firmware on your NAS one of the changes was that cron jobs are now run by the admin user rather than the root user.

Let me know if this solves your issue
Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

avatarr wrote: Edit: I think I figured out the issue here. I was using a script from 0.6 which had the many different parameters passed. I think updating to the new version of the script with modified syntax will take care of this issue, though I can't test it in this particular instance since I deleted it already.

Things are all kinda messed up. I got this error after manually running the scheduler:

2011-03-12 15:37 INFO - --- STARTING --- - episode_sort.py:141
2011-03-12 15:37 INFO - begin processing tv directory: /share/Qmultimedia/TV/ - series.py:528
2011-03-12 15:37 INFO - watching 55 tv show(s) - episode_sort.py:243
2011-03-12 15:37 INFO - found download file at '/share/Qmultimedia/TV/Army_Wives_-_1x05_-_Independence_Day/Army.Wives.S01E05.german.sub.DVDRip.XviD-FoV.by.GhostUp10.avi' - episode_sort.py:272
2011-03-12 15:37 ERROR - unable to parse job title and create Episode object: missing episode season number - episode_sort.py:169
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/root/.mediarover/mediarover/command/episode_sort.py", line 163, in episode_sort
    __episode_sort(broker, options, **params)
  File "/root/.mediarover/mediarover/command/episode_sort.py", line 288, in __episode_sort
    raise InvalidJobTitle("unable to parse job title and create Episode object: %s" % e)
InvalidJobTitle: unable to parse job title and create Episode object: missing episode season number
FAILURE: unable to parse job title and create Episode object: missing episode season number!
Thanks for the heads up on this one too. I was able to replicate the problem on my end so it appears there is a bug in MR. I'll take a look and see what's going wrong.

Kierse

Post by avatarr »

Thanks for the responses. The issue with the scheduler was actually with something that QNAP did when they upgraded firmware. I put my answer in the same post above where I asked the question as to the cause and the solution.

The renaming is still weird though, even after having moved to the most recent sample script syntax.
Last edited by avatarr on March 14th, 2011, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kierse

Post by kierse »

Ok, I know why you are having sorting issues: the Newzbin code responsible for parsing the report title is partitioning the code on the string ' - '. Normally this shouldn't cause any problems as all newzbin reports are basically three sections separated by ' - '. However, in your case I'm guessing you have the SABnzbd option turned on that replaces spaces with '_' in folder names. This means that the string ' - ' does not exist and is instead '_-_'. I'll have a fix out for you sometime later today.

I'm really surprised we haven't run into this problem before now.

Kierse

Post by avatarr »

kierse wrote: Ok, I know why you are having sorting issues: the Newzbin code responsible for parsing the report title is partitioning the code on the string ' - '. Normally this shouldn't cause any problems as all newzbin reports are basically three sections separated by ' - '. However, in your case I'm guessing you have the SABnzbd option turned on that replaces spaces with '_' in folder names. This means that the string ' - ' does not exist and is instead '_-_'. I'll have a fix out for you sometime later today.

I'm really surprised we haven't run into this problem before now.

Kierse
I actually don't have that turned on. I thought I had that turned off but somehow it was turned on. I guess I missed that when I reinstalled sabnzbd and I reconfigured it. I changed it back to spaces though. I like the " - " way better than "_-_" (even though the latter looks like an upside-down sleepy guy).

I think the issue in this particular case is that the contents of the archive were named with "_" and I guess generally I've just been lucky to not get them with underscores in the past. I don't know...
Last edited by avatarr on March 15th, 2011, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
loadme

Post by loadme »

anything new here? :)
loadme

Post by loadme »

any chance of getting a GUI here?
looks really great, but getting all set up by comand line is not very user friendly.
i understand that many of you prefer it this way, but there are much more ppl out there, that would use this, if it would be easier to set up :)
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey loadme,
loadme wrote: any chance of getting a GUI here?
looks really great, but getting all set up by comand line is not very user friendly.
i understand that many of you prefer it this way, but there are much more ppl out there, that would use this, if it would be easier to set up :)
Ya I know, a GUI would be really nice. I seem to have a little more free time lately so I've decided to revisit the issue. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll see what I can come up with!

Kierse
hayesb2

Post by hayesb2 »

I've used MR in the past, but stopped due to the technical work just to get it in a working state, count me in as a new user if a GUI is released...Ive been waiting yrs for this...I'd consider donating if the GUI was good enough.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

I've set up Media Rover 10 months ago and havent touched it since. I use it only with nzb matrix, nzbs.org and nzbsrus along with quality control ( media rover downloads SD episode and will replace it with HD if it finds it ).

GUI would be great, if I could see what was downloaded and what was replaced etc ... but its still in my opinion one of the most stable apps out there.
alfred_j_kwack

Post by alfred_j_kwack »

Hi everyone,

I've been a long time user of MR and never ran into any issues I couldn't work out; that is until today. Let me be honest, I'm still running a 5.x verion. Yes I realize I should upgrade but frankly it's never let me down so what's the point of going through the hassle. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Ok so here goes for my problem.

Problem folder: "/Volumes/BigDisk/TV Shows/Hawaii  Five-0"

Relevant messages from log:

2011-05-02 00:59 DEBUG - watching series: Hawaii Five-0 - series.py:524
2011-05-02 01:00 DEBUG - begin processing item 'Hawaii.Five-0.2010.S01E11.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION' - __init__.py:395
2011-05-02 01:00 INFO - skipping 'Hawaii.Five-0.2010.S01E11.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION', not watching series - __init__.py:458
I figured the issue is to do with the odd name of the series so I attempted fix this by using an alias in the config file:

[tv]
	[[filter]]
		[[[ Hawaii Five-0 ]]]
		    alias = "Hawaii.Five-0"
Doing so resulted in the below error, as did another variation like "Hawaii.Five":

ERROR: Encountered the following configuration errror.
    [tv] [[filter]] [[[ Hawaii Five-0 ]]] alias = "Hawaii.Five-0" is of the wrong type.
Does anyone have a clue how to move on from here? Is the name of the series just doomed to fail on this version?

Thanks!
Last edited by alfred_j_kwack on May 1st, 2011, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alfred_j_kwack

Post by alfred_j_kwack »

Hi again,

I guess I spoke too quickly.

The soluton for Show Five-O is the following config:

[tv]
	[[filter]]
		[[[ SHow Five-0 ]]]
		    alias = "Show.Five-0", "Show.Five-0.2010"
Hope this helps anyone else with a similar issue.
Last edited by alfred_j_kwack on October 1st, 2021, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hayesb2

Post by hayesb2 »

Any GUI update?
mike171562

Post by mike171562 »

I upgraded to the Dev Version of mediarover and the most recent Sab 6.1, I am getting the error reported earlier

mediarover.error.UnknownQueue: SABnzbd 0.5.0 or greater required!

I tried the suggestion posted earlier about adding check version = False but only get errors from mediarover about not finding the queue, do I need to downgrade Sabnzbd back to version 5 or what?