nzbVR (alpha) - Episode scheduler and report monitor for SABnzbd+

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Undisclosedpower

Re: nzbVR (alpha) - Episode scheduler and report monitor for SABnzbd+

Post by Undisclosedpower »

Ok, cracked it, the URL should be in the form 192.168.1.40:8080/sabnzbd not http://192.168.1.40:8080/sabnzbd/

My only question now is, i've added most of my regular shows, and some have not gotten artwork. I assume the artwork is coming from thetvdb, and I know there is some artwork for the shows there. Any thoughts?
weldon
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by weldon »

Is there any tutorial that you guys might suggest / able to briefly explain for installing this? I Just Installed xammp and used portable git to download picnic and nzbvr, but I cant figure out where to go from here.
I read about mod_rewrite but it already appears to be on, and i tried adding the location to the nzbvr folder in my virtual hosts file in apache, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions? Also should i copy the picnic folder into nzbvr? Or how does it know where to find it?
WP7 Sabnzbd/NZBMatrix/Newzbin App: Sab Watch http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=5556.0
liquidox

Post by liquidox »

Installed from GIT, configured rewrite, getting this error:

Code: Select all

Picnic caught a 'ErrorException'

Undefined variable: c

The exception was thrown from '/var/www/nzbvr/application/models/class.settings.php' line 51.
Trace:

#0 /var/www/nzbvr/application/models/class.settings.php(51): Picnic::errorHandler('/var/www/nzbvr/...')
#1 /var/www/nzbvr/application/classes/class.nzbvr.php(45): Settings->loadFile()
#2 /var/www/nzbvr/application/classes/class.nzbvr.php(67): nzbVR->__construct()
#3 /var/www/nzbvr/application/controllers/class.application.php(35): nzbVR::instance('main')
#4 /var/www/nzbvr/application/controllers/class.application.php(22): ApplicationController->setSkinMode()
#5 /var/www/nzbvr/picnic/picnic/class.picnic.php(161): ApplicationController->__construct()
#6 /var/www/nzbvr/index.php(24): Picnic->render()
#7 {main}

weldon
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by weldon »

any help getting this installed? I am new to Apache/Webserver stuff and Can't seem to figure this out, but it looks so great it's just teasing me
WP7 Sabnzbd/NZBMatrix/Newzbin App: Sab Watch http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=5556.0
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

you can install Abyss web server. very small and very easy web server to install on linux , windows and mac. abyss web site also has guides for setting up your domain , php , Mysql etc ( not that ALL of that is needed , i think only php is needed to run this script )

But be warned , alot of stuff isnt working right in current version. Very neat idea and it looks way cool but isnt for anyone whos looking for stable solution. You can experiment with it though.
weldon
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by weldon »

wally007 wrote: you can install Abyss web server. very small and very easy web server to install on linux , windows and mac. abyss web site also has guides for setting up your domain , php , Mysql etc ( not that ALL of that is needed , i think only php is needed to run this script )

But be warned , alot of stuff isnt working right in current version. Very neat idea and it looks way cool but isnt for anyone whos looking for stable solution. You can experiment with it though.
Thanks for your response, I setup abyss and it is much easier than xampp was to configure. I now either get the error above your post when I mess with the config file, or If I rename it so it can't find it just the "loading" circle. Any ideas? My nzbvr folder is at c:\nzbvr .. Should I be doing the url rewrite that is built into abyss? How can I configure the modrewrite expression into the abyss expression? Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

you have to put nzbVR script under C:\program files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\

That is your root directory as far as Abyss is concerned. once you put that there , navigate to http://YOUR_IP_ADDRESS/nzbVR in your browser. You dont need any URL rewrites for script to work , it'll work with virtual domain albeit not very well.

I think it would be smart to wait for developer to fix few bugs before you start to pull your hair out trying to get it working. Developer already shown interest in doing so and app itself looks VERY tight  it just needs few touches to make it stable enough to use it for everyday use.
RageX

Post by RageX »

I installed this under Nginx on Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic), and configured URL rewrites.  Unfortunately I get the following error:

Undefined index: REQUEST_URI

The exception was thrown from '/var/www/privatewebsite/nzbvr/picnic/picnic/class.picnic.php' line 128.
Trace:

#0 /var/www/privatewebsite/nzbvr/picnic/picnic/class.picnic.php(128): Picnic::errorHandler()
#1 /var/www/privatewebsite/nzbvr/index.php(24): Picnic->render()
#2 {main}
My nginx config is:

server {
        listen   80;
        server_name  privatewebsite;

access_log  /var/log/nginx/privatewebsite.access.log;

location ~ \.php$ {
                fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9001;
                fastcgi_index index.php;
                fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME /var/www/privatewebsite$fastcgi_script_name;
                fastcgi_param  QUERY_STRING     $query_string;
                fastcgi_param  REQUEST_METHOD   $request_method;
                fastcgi_param  CONTENT_TYPE     $content_type;
                fastcgi_param  CONTENT_LENGTH   $content_length;

#include fastcgi_params;
        }

if (!-d $request_filename) {
        rewrite /nzbvr/. /nzbvr/index.php last;
        }

location / {
                root   /var/www/privatewebsite;
                index  index.html index.htm index.php;
        }

location /sabnzbd {
                proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8081;
                include /etc/nginx/proxy.conf;
        }

Can any one suggest what I may have wrong ?
Last edited by RageX on November 30th, 2009, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mudboy

Post by mudboy »

RageX wrote: I installed this under Nginx on Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic), and configured URL rewrites.  Unfortunately I get the following error:

Undefined index: REQUEST_URI

The exception was thrown from '/var/www/privatewebsite/nzbvr/picnic/picnic/class.picnic.php' line 128.
Trace:

#0 /var/www/privatewebsite/nzbvr/picnic/picnic/class.picnic.php(128): Picnic::errorHandler()
#1 /var/www/privatewebsite/nzbvr/index.php(24): Picnic->render()
#2 {main}
I got this went I went directly to http:///nzbvr/index.php, but it went away when I went to http:///nzbvr/  

No clue why though...
Last edited by mudboy on January 6th, 2010, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mudboy

Post by mudboy »

I'm getting the spinning circle when loading http://hostname/nzbvr/  (path install using directory alias, not virt host)

in my apache2 logs I get
File does not exist: /site/nzbvr/nzbvr/settings.html, referer: http://media/nzbvr/
File does not exist: /site/nzbvr/nzbvr/dashboard.html, referer: http://media/nzbvr/
etc...

oh, and running Ubuntu 9.10 with apache2 php 5.2
Last edited by mudboy on January 6th, 2010, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joymonkey

Post by joymonkey »

Thanks Sixones! It took a little while for me to get set up, but it's working great now. I had started to put together my own PHP based scheduler, but nzbVR does everything I need and the mobile skin is sweet!
joymonkey

Post by joymonkey »

I've one question though; some shows I don't care about format. Is it possible to set it to grab a show in 'any' format?

Also, here's a suggestion: it would be useful to be able to edit multiple Series on one page, so I could quickly change the source and format options for a bunch of shows at once.
clony3k

Post by clony3k »

How can i get this "app" to work, if i dont understand the instalation guide? its so freaking complicaded with all the terminal fustration and codes??
sixones
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sixones »

Apologies for not replying quicker, lots of updates and replies;

The next major version of nzbVR will be in Ruby, which will put the application closer to a self packaged environment as the only initial requirement will be Ruby + RubyGems. nzbVR will include its own web server, so it will be able to use any port (much similar to SABnzbd+). This will also lead to the distribution of binary packages for each platform which have no dependencies whatsoever but will not be available straight away.

nzbVR in Ruby will include a host of new features;
- NZBMatrix, Newzbin (these will be extendable, if someone can invite me to nzbs.org I can add support).
- Self aware updates and download checks, no need for cron or scheduled tasks
- Improved performance for NAS support (no more memory hogs in the data storage)
- New Series UI with a step-by-step watcher wizard
- Support for SQL databases (sqlite3 by default but can be changed to MySQL for extra performance benefits)
- Improved dashboard UI (with quick search abilities)
- Searches across multiple providers (use one search query to look over Newzbin + NZBMatrix (+ more in the future) at the same time)

@clony3k The application is abit complicated to setup because it requires PHP5 and a web server thats capable of performing URL rewrites. At the moment the best installation guide is the readme; http://github.com/sixones/nzbvr/blob/ma ... E.markdown

@joymonkey Glad its working for you! Not yet, thats a good though. In the next major version I plan on allowing multiple formats and types to be selected, so you can auto-download the different copies. Another good idea, il think about adding it to the new version. If you want to contribute send me a message on github!

@RageX Thats strange, have you changed the path settings in

settings.xml
in the nzbVR data folder? If not try changing the rewrite to

rewrite /. /nzbvr/index.php last;
. If that works there might be a bug in the nzbVR routing manager.

@mudboy This sounds like you dont have mod_rewrite setup in your apache config, make sure its enabled and the .htaccess exists in the root of nzbVR.

@liquidox Delete the contents of your data folder and let nzbVR re-create it, sounds like a corrupt settings file. Make sure to run

git pull origin master
to update to the latest version first though.

@Undisclosedpower You should only need to set the SABnzbd+ url to http://my.hostname/ unless you are using 0.4. The artwork is from TheTVDB, as they provide nice shiny high-res images for most shows. You can use the update-all button to do a re-fetch of all the data and images which might help. But if the shows dont have any images on TheTVDB, nzbVR wont be able to display any.

@bnevets27 The search is very slow, Iv got a plan on how the new version will work to make the user work flow easier and quicker. The main issue is for each character you type, nzbVR will do a search to TVRage for a list of shows. If you just leave it searching, eventually it will finish - unless TVRage is down. See my update at the top of this post for the self-packaged replied.

I've looked at the IMDB "My Movies" feature behaviour but they offer no API for looking at the data, so it would involve HTML scraping which im not really a fan of. I will have another look at doing it with the Ruby version if it turns out to not be that complicated I will get it added in.

I want to add auto-update to the Ruby version, it should be in there once Iv got the first beta version ready (~April). Would love to hear your suggestions on the series!!
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

NZBs.org doesnt have invites but i just logged out and i see that registration is open again. Their servers must have gotten upgraded , site is much faster lately.