Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
al1937

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by al1937 »

Hi Midgetspy

Thanks for the quick reply.  Here's hoping they do something about it.

al1937
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

daniel_owen_uk wrote: Could someone convince me to use Sick Beard?

Why is it better than Media Rover?  Is it easier to configure? More accurate?  More features?

Will it look at what I already have (like media rover) or is it just a "new episode" downloader?
Well somebody who uses both would have a better idea how it's different than Media Rover, but yes it looks at what you already have. To be honest you can probably download Sick Beard, start it up, and try it on some of your shows in 10 minutes or less just to see what it's like (assuming you don't have any problems with the dependencies).
rubbie

Post by rubbie »

midgetspy wrote:
rubbie wrote:
midgetspy wrote: It probably works in your browser because your browser is logged in - any auth or no auth at all would work in your browser when you're logged in. Like the error says, probably your uid/hash are incorrect (uid is not username).
Hi, thats why i said my browser was logged out. I even used that URL on a different computer and i could still view the RSS feed, which is the way it is supposed to work because the url to the feed contains the auth info. Thats why its strange to me that SickBeard says it does not have any auth info, and thus does not retrieve the search hits it gets. I have used my numeric ID for UID, and obtained my hash from the cookie file.

It not a big problem but as i said before, i like using nzbs.org.
Hmm sorry, I guess I should read more carefully. The error Sick Beard is giving isn't that it couldn't view the feed but that the results returned don't have any auth info on them. The NZBs.org feed works with no authentication, it's the links to download the NZB files that require authentication. If your auth info is correct then there will be auth info on the NZB download links, so I check that to determine if your auth is correct or not. In your case it sounds like you're using the hash from the cookie rather than the hash given in the RSS help page.
Ah i get it now, sorry for the confusion. I'm using the hash from the RSS page now, which is the way it is supposed to, don't know why i used the cookie one  ??? , anyway looks like everything works now, thanks for a great program!
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by wally007 »

midgetspy wrote:
daniel_owen_uk wrote: Could someone convince me to use Sick Beard?

Why is it better than Media Rover?  Is it easier to configure? More accurate?  More features?

Will it look at what I already have (like media rover) or is it just a "new episode" downloader?
Well somebody who uses both would have a better idea how it's different than Media Rover, but yes it looks at what you already have. To be honest you can probably download Sick Beard, start it up, and try it on some of your shows in 10 minutes or less just to see what it's like (assuming you don't have any problems with the dependencies).
Actually i looked and tried both couple months ago and chose to put up with little bit more complicated Media Rover set up. Biggest downfall of sick beard compared to Media rover is its dependecy on thetvdb site. I find site to be unreliable , down at least once or twice every month since i began using them, mislabeled obscure series' , missing data for some LifeTime or Bravo shows etc... For example i had huge problems downloading "show.name.AU" with sickbeard while with Media Rover all it took was some magic with aliases and "show.name" and "show.name.AU" both get downloaded and cataloged properly. Obviously problem wasnt with sick beard but with thetvdb.

Sick beard is alot easier to set up than Media Rover for newbies since it has GUI. Sick Beard has quality settings. Quality settings is something i miss the most with Media Rover since installation is ALOT easier second time around but i still stayed with Media Rover simply because i've YET to miss single episode in 3 months i've been using it, no matter WHAT show i choose. Doesnt matter if its on thetvdb or not. I LOVE the fact that Media Rover doesnt really care WHAT its downloading as long as it matches folders on disk.
Last edited by wally007 on March 7th, 2010, 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sinnocence

Post by Sinnocence »

I find TheTVDb pops up and down a fair bit on me also. An alternative/backup (e.g. episodeworld/tvrage/something) would be awesome.
Last edited by Sinnocence on March 7th, 2010, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
tbear2001

Post by tbear2001 »

First, awesome program!  Great work...

Having an issue adding a program... L&0 which consists of 20 seasons.  Tried adding it, full force update, deleting, re-adding... sometimes it will get up to 5 seasons, sometimes 12, but never all 20.  Tried looking in the log, but it just seems to think it is finished... no obvious errors.  Any ideas?
daniel_owen_uk
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by daniel_owen_uk »

Got to be honest, I setup media rover automated it to run every 2 hours, and just completely forgot about downloading TV, it lands in my TV folder in exactly the structure I want and I watch it on my popcorn, can't see it being better, just wondered if there was something extra that Sick Beard did.
mota

Post by mota »

Hi,

I figured out my problem. To get SB working i had to redirect output from screen to txt file. Could you please add option to SB to disable message output?

Thanks in advance

Mota
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

mota wrote: Hi,

I figured out my problem. To get SB working i had to redirect output from screen to txt file. Could you please add option to SB to disable message output?

Thanks in advance

Mota

Star this: http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=150
CrazyIvan

Post by CrazyIvan »

Hi midgetspy,

This is absolutely fantastic stuff you've cooked up for us!  I'm so impressed that I've just turned off sabnzbd's RSS feed processing and switched my soft PVR'ing over to your sickbeard (love the name). 

My ISP gives me usenet access for free but only with approx 30 days retention.  This isn't an issue when keeping on top of things with a soft PVR like this.  However for those old episodes I have to resort to torrents and so I checked the torrent search box.  I just noticed that a new show just started downloading via a torrent to my transmission blackhole as sickbeard found it on EZTV.  It was also available on nzbs.org which would have gotten it way faster and with less use of my bandwidth.  Is there a way to get sickbeard to check for nzb's first?  Looking forward to seeing my xbmc DB already updated next time we go to watch something.

Thanks again for a superior product!!

Cheers,
CrazyIvan
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Prioritization of providers is on the way: http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=103
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Unfortunately I haven't found a good way for the program to tell what version it is when you're running from source, so I can't print it in the header. Also double shows should be fixed in newer revs (it won't fix existing ones but it shouldn't let you add them and mess up your DB anymore).
Cannings

Post by Cannings »

Ahh okay that sounds good, I did a update to the latest source yesterday, and have had a new error appear

Ignore me through I had a error, just forgot to reset the autoprocess cfg file details
Last edited by Cannings on March 11th, 2010, 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sinnocence

Post by Sinnocence »

Hi Midget,

What do you use as search criteria for shows? Show name + episode mask, or that plus episode title?

The reason I ask is that I have difficulty with several shows that have international versions - the show name will have say 'Australia' in the name but when available on usenet they're added as '(AU)'. Would this be enough to stop them matching? If so, would it be possible to add 'synonyms' so that you can override the show name such that SickBeard will look for 'Australia' and the custom 'AU' or just the 'AU' variant?

Thanks for any/all help.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Sinnocence wrote: Hi Midget,

What do you use as search criteria for shows? Show name + episode mask, or that plus episode title?

The reason I ask is that I have difficulty with several shows that have international versions - the show name will have say 'Australia' in the name but when available on usenet they're added as '(AU)'. Would this be enough to stop them matching? If so, would it be possible to add 'synonyms' so that you can override the show name such that SickBeard will look for 'Australia' and the custom 'AU' or just the 'AU' variant?

Thanks for any/all help.
Only show name and episode mask, not episode title. If you are having problems with any show matching please PM me the show name and the NZB on the provider that it should be matching and I'll fix it. I'm deliberately not allowing custom search names for shows yet but if something isn't working I will fix it for you (and everybody else who watches that show).