Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by midgetspy »

wally007 wrote:
Actually i looked and tried both couple months ago and chose to put up with little bit more complicated Media Rover set up. Biggest downfall of sick beard compared to Media rover is its dependecy on thetvdb site. I find site to be unreliable , down at least once or twice every month since i began using them, mislabeled obscure series' , missing data for some LifeTime or Bravo shows etc... For example i had huge problems downloading "show.name.AU" with sickbeard while with Media Rover all it took was some magic with aliases and "show.name" and "show.name.AU" both get downloaded and cataloged properly. Obviously problem wasnt with sick beard but with thetvdb.
Aside from shows that don't appear on TVDB at all I think most of those problems have been addressed. If you're aware of a show Sick Beard doesn't pick up please report it and I'll fix it. And if you're aware of anything you can't do when TVDB is down except adding new shows please report that as well and I'll fix it too. We now pull show names from TVRage too and are in the process of writing an API to pull all info from TVRage as well so hopefully that'll help offset some of TVDB's suckiness.
hdaddict

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by hdaddict »

I just installed on ubuntu, ran it and configured it. Added all my tv shows from folder (have previously run it on windows successfully for months). WHen I try to manually search for an episode, this is outputted (I set chmod to 755 on all .py files):

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/xbmc/sickbeard/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/home/xbmc/sickbeard/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/xbmc/sickbeard/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/xbmc/sickbeard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 1066, in searchEpisode
    foundEpisodes = search.findEpisode(epObj)
  File "/home/xbmc/sickbeard/sickbeard/search.py", line 123, in findEpisode
    foundEps = _doSearch(episode, curProvider)
  File "/home/xbmc/sickbeard/sickbeard/search.py", line 94, in _doSearch
    foundEps = provider.findEpisode(episode)
  File "/home/xbmc/sickbeard/sickbeard/providers/newzbin.py", line 134, in findEpisode
    showNames.append(episode.show.name + " ("+str(episode.show.startyear)+")")
AttributeError: 'set' object has no attribute 'append'
Python 2.6.2
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

Should be fixed in the latest rev (418).
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

midgetspy wrote:
wally007 wrote:
Actually i looked and tried both couple months ago and chose to put up with little bit more complicated Media Rover set up. Biggest downfall of sick beard compared to Media rover is its dependecy on thetvdb site. I find site to be unreliable , down at least once or twice every month since i began using them, mislabeled obscure series' , missing data for some LifeTime or Bravo shows etc... For example i had huge problems downloading "show.name.AU" with sickbeard while with Media Rover all it took was some magic with aliases and "show.name" and "show.name.AU" both get downloaded and cataloged properly. Obviously problem wasnt with sick beard but with thetvdb.
Aside from shows that don't appear on TVDB at all I think most of those problems have been addressed. If you're aware of a show Sick Beard doesn't pick up please report it and I'll fix it. And if you're aware of anything you can't do when TVDB is down except adding new shows please report that as well and I'll fix it too. We now pull show names from TVRage too and are in the process of writing an API to pull all info from TVRage as well so hopefully that'll help offset some of TVDB's suckiness.
Will Sick Beard download episode that is not listed on thetvdb site ? .. says there's a show.name.S01E20 released on usenet but thetvdb has only info up to S01E19. Will Sick Beard download it ?
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

wally007 wrote:
midgetspy wrote:
wally007 wrote:
Will Sick Beard download episode that is not listed on thetvdb site ? .. says there's a show.name.S01E20 released on usenet but thetvdb has only info up to S01E19. Will Sick Beard download it ?
If it's on TVRage, yes. If it's not on either site, no.
kerching

Post by kerching »

Feature Request.

Would it be possible to add making symlinks to new episodes in a specific folder to the postprocessing script.

For me it would be handy because I have a LOT of shows in my TV folder. This isn't a problem if I use XBMC to view my new eps as it has recently added shows feature in the library.

The problem arises when I want to watch something on a none XBMC machine and I have to try and remember what was aired last night. What I usually end up doing is going to sickbeard history tab every time I want to watch a new ep. What would be really cool if there was a folder with links to new eps and these links could be auto deleted after a user set period of time in the post processing script.

Anyways keep up the great work. Sickbeard is awesome.
madlan
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by madlan »

Is there a switch to stop the (inital first run) browser loading?
kevad

Post by kevad »

New user here - I just got Sick Beard setup on my Windows server, and a lot seems to be working properly. My shows are recognized, and it lists which episodes are missing, newzbin integration seems to work, etc. However, once I click "search" to find and download a missing episode, it properly says "snatched" but I never see anything in sabnzbd. What exactly happens after an episode is "snatched"? I looked in the console of sick beard, but didn't see anything relevant to passing the info to sabnzbd.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!
kevad

Post by kevad »

madlan wrote: Is there a switch to stop the (inital first run) browser loading?
In the r421 release, I noticed a switch in "Config -> General" called "Launch browser on startup". Sounds like what you are after. (Not sure if this option is in earlier versions)
kevad

Post by kevad »

Nevermind, figured out my problem above. Needed to set Config -> Episode Downloads -> NZB Actions to SABnzbd. After searching again, they start downloading correctly in sab.
rubbie

Post by rubbie »

Hi,

Still loving the program, one remark though, there is a new show with the following string as releasename "The.Show.Pt.I.". Its the first episode of a first season so SickBeard searches for S01E01, but it will never find it because the release is named different. Its a 10 part show.

Not really important but i thought i should mention it.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

rubbie wrote: Hi,

Still loving the program, one remark though, there is a new show with the following string as releasename "The.Show.Pt.I.". Its the first episode of a first season so SickBeard searches for S01E01, but it will never find it because the release is named different. Its a 10 part show.

Not really important but i thought i should mention it.
Yep, unless they release it with some type of regular naming it's not going to work. The Newzbin reports will be renamed and should work fine.
vinister

Post by vinister »

I set some episodes up as "missing", because I wanted them downloaded asap.

Now they all show up in the "coming soon" area, which seems like a weird place for them to be.

Now I change my mind as I don't like the show so much, so I change their status to "skipped"

They all remain in my "coming soon" page.  How do I get them out of there?
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by b1scu1t »

Hello,

With any release are there any release notes or version changes documented anywhere?  I did not find anything in the google code site. 

Thanks,
b1scu1t
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

b1scu1t wrote: Hello,

With any release are there any release notes or version changes documented anywhere?   I did not find anything in the google code site. 

Thanks,
b1scu1t
The closest thing is the commit history: http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/source/list