Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
mlabate

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by mlabate »

midgetspy wrote: If the episodes exist in your show dir they will be set to "Downloaded" automatically when you add the show or when it refreshes/updates itself.
I deleted shows after I watch them so that wouldn't work, is there any other option for me?
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

mlabate wrote:
midgetspy wrote: If the episodes exist in your show dir they will be set to "Downloaded" automatically when you add the show or when it refreshes/updates itself.
I deleted shows after I watch them so that wouldn't work, is there any other option for me?
I'm not sure I know what you're asking... you download the show outside of Sick Beard, watch it, and delete it? Why would you want it to show up in Sick Beard as "Downloaded"? Any episode that is in the dir when the show updates itself will show up as downloaded, and if it's deleted it will be removed.
mlabate

Post by mlabate »

midgetspy wrote:
mlabate wrote:
I'm not sure I know what you're asking... you download the show outside of Sick Beard, watch it, and delete it? Why would you want it to show up in Sick Beard as "Downloaded"? Any episode that is in the dir when the show updates itself will show up as downloaded, and if it's deleted it will be removed.
I am talking about everything that I have watched up to this point. Lets say I already watched seasons 1-7 of a tv show. I am in the process of switching to SB and I want it to look for everything since 7x24. I would like to be able to mark seasons 1-7 as downloaded/finished since they are done with. 

Is there a way to use SB to only grab stuff and send to SABnzbd? I don't need it to monitor stuff since I will delete it after I watch it and it will be always removing it.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Ah, ya this has been requested (and rejected) before. "Downloaded" means just that, that you actually have the file. If you don't have the file and don't want it then mark it as Skipped (which is the default).

As for the second part of your question, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. By default Sick Beard marks everything as skipped and only downloads new episodes. If you delete an episode Sick Beard will mark it as skipped. I think this is the behavior you are asking for?
adaemox
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by adaemox »

Just wanted to say I'm currently testing out this program (a direct result of the newzbin news today) and I'm really digging it thus far.

Cheers!
Adaemox

SABnzbd+, Episode Butler, VDPAU, and Sick Beard Tutorials @ http://www.ainer.org

Ubuntu and Firefox Information at http://www.ainer.org
mlabate

Post by mlabate »

midgetspy wrote: Ah, ya this has been requested (and rejected) before. "Downloaded" means just that, that you actually have the file. If you don't have the file and don't want it then mark it as Skipped (which is the default).

As for the second part of your question, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. By default Sick Beard marks everything as skipped and only downloads new episodes. If you delete an episode Sick Beard will mark it as skipped. I think this is the behavior you are asking for?
That actually answers my questions. Would there be anyway in the future to have a option that changes that behavior? So Sick Beard won't mark deleted items as skipped? Maybe a different category other than skipped?

Either way, thanks for what you are doing, it really is an amazing program.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

It's possible but it's pretty low on my list of priorities because there's very little advantage. SB only cares whether you want to download the episodes or not - if you don't want them it doesn't matter whether it's because you've seen it or because you just don't want it.
mlabate

Post by mlabate »

It's purely superficial, I know. But thanks for considering it non the less.
ayashi38

Post by ayashi38 »

ayashi38 wrote: Hi,
First of all, thanks for your job on this, awesome.

I started a mac mini media center using plex, add sabnzbd and started to use sickbeard.

was not a huge user of newsgroup, but with this feature :) gonna use it :p

I have a little issue with post processing.
OS : MacOS 10.6 (fresh install, update, computer bought less than 1 week)
I had before this error

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/midgetspy-Sick-Beard-e7ee6fd/autoProcessTv/sabToSickBeard.py", line 24, in <module>
    import autoProcessTV
  File "/Applications/midgetspy-Sick-Beard-e7ee6fd/autoProcessTV/autoProcessTV.py", line 20, in <module>
    import ConfigParser
zipimport.ZipImportError: can't decompress data; zlib not available
which I resolved by settings the login / pass etc directly in the py file.

But as I thought, I just move the issue to the next step

File "/Applications/midgetspy-Sick-Beard-e7ee6fd/autoProcessTv/sabToSickBeard.py", line 24, in <module>
    import autoProcessTV
  File "/Applications/midgetspy-Sick-Beard-e7ee6fd/autoProcessTV/autoProcessTV.py", line 21, in <module>
    import urllib
zipimport.ZipImportError: can't decompress data; zlib not available
I tried my self running these script in a terminal and works. (almost because I used dummy value)

I am no real knowledge in python but it seems that lib are not found when sabnzdb is calling the post-processing script.
I check the google project page
OSX 10.5.X (Leopard) Tip: If you installed Python 2.6 using the .mpkg file from the official Python .dmg you need to edit sabToSickBeard.py to use python 2.6 otherwise it's default (/usr/bin/python) will not be able to load dependent modules when run from sabNZB.
I don't think it is relevant as I am using 10.6 and python 2.6 was not install from mpkg file and don't have /usr/bin/python

Did someone have an idea ? something to test ?  Is there anything to do when I launch sabnzbd ?

Thanks in advance
Sorry for the english, not my language :)

PS1 : working when I using manual post processing, so really an issue with path or something like this with sabnzbd but I have not real computer knowledge :p just basis

PS2 : How can I switch from swnatched to downloaded ?
FINALLY got it working.

The issue seems to be on mac os now leopard, version of python etc etc
Thanks to imthenachoman for his trick in his one python script. here => http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=3562.msg25576

I add in the file sabToSickBeard.py the following  content just after the import sys

# This script does not work well with the current default python path SabNZBD sets
# Set it to the same python path as OS X defaults
osx_python_path = [
    sys.path[0],
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python26.zip",
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6",
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/plat-darwin",
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/plat-mac",
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages",
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Extras/lib/python",
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-tk",
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-old",
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload",
    "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages",
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Extras/lib/python/PyObjC",
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Extras/lib/python/wx-2.8-mac-unicode"
]

sys.path = osx_python_path

As i am using it only on my mac mini, I modified the file instead of creating a file for snowleopard for example

Thanks again for your good work.

I am going to check if I can manage an anime list with this tools using absolute order instead of season available on thetvdb.com.  (will run 2 instance of the soft also :p)
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

ayashi38 wrote:I am going to check if I can manage an anime list with this tools using absolute order instead of season available on thetvdb.com.  (will run 2 instance of the soft also :p)
I doubt it: http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=105 :0)

Glad you got it working, that's definitely an odd problem.
ayashi38

Post by ayashi38 »

i was thinking about doing it myself changing your code.

I have no knowledge in python but I used to develop software for my job before.

Good way to discover python and spend some times If I found time :)
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Ah, knock yourself out! I'll keep an eye out for your git fork and be ready to merge it in if you get it working :0)

Also FYI everybody it looks like TVDB has solved their reliability problems! http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3319
madlan
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by madlan »

I've setup post processing as per the wiki article but cannot get it to work.

I've set the exe for post processing of TV, copied over the files and edited the renamed cfg file, only option under Post Processing in Sick Beard is Rename Episodes. (Download Dir black as they are on the same server.

I'm getting the following 404 error from cherrypy as the post processing message in sab:

404 Not Found

The path '/home/postprocess/processEpisode' was not found.

File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 618, in respond

File "cherrypy\_cperror.pyo", line 233, in __call__

NotFound: (404, "The path '/home/postprocess/processEpisode' was not found.")