Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
penguin47

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by penguin47 »

ScottAllyn wrote: ::smacks palm to forehead:: My TV Download Dir was the root directory of my episode directories. That basically put SB in an infinite loop of trying to copy the episode files back over themselves.  At least I wasn't the only one to screw up the configuration this way.. ::pointing at penguin:: :D

Fixed!
Ok, I must not be getting it.  What do I need to change?  I have unchecked the auto post processing, where should my download dir point to ensure this stops?

Thanks!
Di6iTAL

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by Di6iTAL »

SB keeps deleting my stuff.  I go to bed last night, wake up to see what was on last night, SB grabbed the nzb of the newest episode.  I then go to said folder and there's nothing there, it deleted the entire show.....

Am I missing something here? - why on earth would it do that?
ScottAllyn

Post by ScottAllyn »

penguin47 wrote:Ok, I must not be getting it.  What do I need to change?  I have unchecked the auto post processing, where should my download dir point to ensure this stops?
Assuming that you're having the same problem that I was, you need to make sure that your final show/episode directories are NOT subdirectories of the Download Dir. The Download Directory is basically just a temporary location from which SB moves the files to their final destination directories. The Auto Post Processing function scans the Download Directory (and all sub dirs) for recognizable files and then tries to process them and move them to the appropriate final show/episode directories. If your Show/Episode directories are subdirectories of the Download Directory itself, in the best case, SB will just end up copying the files right back over the top of themselves (tho I suspect it probably just ends up erroring out and leaving the files alone). 10 minutes later, it'll try to do it all over again.

In a nutshell, the Download Directory should be *completely* separate from your TV Show directories. Think of it as a temporary directory used for processing downloaded files before they're moved to the final show/episode directories.

At least... that's my take on it! :D
Hyperal

Post by Hyperal »

penguin47 wrote:
ScottAllyn wrote: ::smacks palm to forehead:: My TV Download Dir was the root directory of my episode directories. That basically put SB in an infinite loop of trying to copy the episode files back over themselves.  At least I wasn't the only one to screw up the configuration this way.. ::pointing at penguin:: :D

Fixed!
Ok, I must not be getting it.  What do I need to change?  I have unchecked the auto post processing, where should my download dir point to ensure this stops?

Thanks!
I was getting the same problem.  I moved the default download folder for Sabnzbd to a stand alone folder, no subfolders.  The told SickBeard where that folder was.  It solved the problem.  

However, everytime SB tries to post-process a show, I get this error in the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "sabToSickbeard.py", line 30, in
 File "autoProcessTV.pyc", line 58, in processEpisode
 File "ConfigParser.pyc", line 540, in get
ConfigParser.NoOptionError: No option 'web_root' in section: 'SickBeard'

It still seems like everything is working fine but I get a error notification after every download and that is what shows in the log.

Also, I've been having trouble with NZBMatrix lately, anyone else?  Since Newzbin is essentially closed for now and everyone is secretive as hell about TVBinz and I can't get in, I've been relying on Matrix but SB is missing a few shows that are easily found by a manual search.
Last edited by Hyperal on April 6th, 2010, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayhawk785
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jayhawk785 »

I think nzbmatrix is having API issues, as sickbeard claimed it snatched everything from today, and also downloaded some strange items.  The NZBMatrix API is returning some odd results.

I'd also like to be able to get into tvbinz--but have had zero luck.  Anyone that can get me in I'll give you lifetime membership at r1db.com ? :)
gbdesai

Post by gbdesai »

Hyperal wrote: Also, I've been having trouble with NZBMatrix lately, anyone else?  Since Newzbin is essentially closed for now and everyone is secretive as hell about TVBinz and I can't get in, I've been relying on Matrix but SB is missing a few shows that are easily found by a manual search.
See this conversation... Seems the search API is limited in terms of search frequency...  arghhh...  I'd be willing to pay for more frequent searching...  Also the search API returns some funky results (also described in that thread)...

http://nzbmatrix.com/forums.php?action= ... ast#200107
jayhawk785
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jayhawk785 »

Whats the easiest way to reset the shows status back to "not downloaded" --should i be setting these to skipped, and then refresh somewhere to make sure they get picked back up?
scope

Post by scope »

jayhawk785 wrote: Whats the easiest way to reset the shows status back to "not downloaded" --should i be setting these to skipped, and then refresh somewhere to make sure they get picked back up?
It looks like if you set it as "missed" it will be downloaded again
jayhawk785
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jayhawk785 »

I set it to backlog, so i can manually force it at will tonight/tomorrow.  But since nzbmatrix had some hickups with their queries today, it marked a bunch as 'snatched'

>

That's in my history, and it sent some random nzb's that matrix matched against them.  When these likely shouldnt have been searching until after their airtime tonight?  is that piece fixable?
Last edited by inpheaux on April 26th, 2010, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

NZBMatrix Users: Update your Sick Beard!

They have new rules which require 60 seconds between API search attempts, which means that old versions of Sick Beard will be considered hammering. The new version will be incredibly slow but it'll respect their limit and not get your account banned, heh.

About NZBMatrix messing your shows up, just set them to Missed and they'll get picked up later.

NZBMatrix is the worst provider ever, just use NZBs.org if you don't want to put up with all the gay crap on NZBMatrix. NZBMatrix is worse than NZBs.org in every way.
jayhawk785
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jayhawk785 »

lol nice. 

so, updating to what?  i just downloaded new source today, should I update again from git?  I'm running on osX--so I can't grab your handy compiled versions :)

I had all sorts of shit in my sab queue, was trying to figure out what fudged it--then i searched vs their api and found them to be the problem.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Yes you'll need the newest source (up to commit ac48dd7ff1924295ed6319b4b4c1b33374d2b7e9).
oncl0ud9

Post by oncl0ud9 »

Is there a way to do a mass rename to have the shows not have the episode name in them?
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

oncl0ud9 wrote: Is there a way to do a mass rename to have the shows not have the episode name in them?
No that's not an option at the moment but more naming options are coming fairly soon.
ontrose

Post by ontrose »

due to heavy traffic in the thread about this popular addon i'm gonna do a shameless bump on my question, that i guess got lost inbetween
ontrose wrote: Hello and a big tnx! for a wonderfull thing that makes life easier ;)
One thing that i wonder about is that if it is possible to add an status of "seen it" and have that act the same as downloaded on the "progress bars"
I don't keep all episodes of all series just some but would still like to know that i have seen it if you understand, maby this is to messy?

// Ontrose