Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

ontrose wrote: due to heavy traffic in the thread about this popular addon i'm gonna do a shameless bump on my question, that i guess got lost inbetween
ontrose wrote: Hello and a big tnx! for a wonderfull thing that makes life easier ;)
One thing that i wonder about is that if it is possible to add an status of "seen it" and have that act the same as downloaded on the "progress bars"
I don't keep all episodes of all series just some but would still like to know that i have seen it if you understand, maby this is to messy?

// Ontrose
That's something that's been requested before, and I don't have any plans to implement it soon but it's something that might happen eventually.

EDIT:

sentra99: can you try a new build and see if you still are having problems with it crashing while trying to add shows?
Last edited by midgetspy on April 6th, 2010, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayhawk785
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by jayhawk785 »

Hey Midgetspy-- one thing i did notice is that once the date for the show to air has appeared it seems to search for it.  Is it possible to set that to start searching on date at say, 9pm EST or later--I mean, it's a rare occasion that a show pre-airs before it's scheduled date/time. 

This would probably help cut down unnecessary load on the search sites' APIs.  Maybe my sickbeard install is just going rogue and searching for stuff before it should, if this is already implemented.
Zypher82

Post by Zypher82 »

Is there a way to install Sick Beard on Synology (NAS) system? I have sabnzbd+ currently installed on my NAS, it'd be great for Sick Beard to also run on the NAS.
jayhawk785
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jayhawk785 »

if you can install python and cheetah, yes.
jimcando

Post by jimcando »

Just like Hyperal, I'm also getting an error as it attempts to post-process.

From the log:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "sabToSickbeard.py", line 30, in
 File "autoProcessTV.pyc", line 58, in processEpisode
 File "ConfigParser.pyc", line 540, in get
ConfigParser.NoOptionError: No option 'web_root' in section: 'SickBeard'
It doesn't seem to be renaming or moving the files either.

Any ideas?

On an unrelated note, and I'm not sure if it has been mentioned previously, but when I quit the Sick Beard process, and restart it again, the Show List is empty and I have the start again :/
Last edited by jimcando on April 6th, 2010, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daktari

Post by Daktari »

I realize that this might be a trivial question: My shows goes to my overarching Downloads folder, ie not to downloads/tv even tho I put "TV" in the field in Episode Download Options. Asking how I fix this small issue.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Di6iTAL wrote: SB keeps deleting my stuff.  I go to bed last night, wake up to see what was on last night, SB grabbed the nzb of the newest episode.  I then go to said folder and there's nothing there, it deleted the entire show.....

Am I missing something here? - why on earth would it do that?
I think this is because you are post-processing files that SAB has already post-processed. They're inside your show folder, and you post process them, and SB deletes the folder after post-processing it. I fixed this before but I must have broken it again with the recent post processing changes. To quote the post-processing wiki page:
You cannot post process an episode that is already inside its show dir. You must disable SAB sorting to use Sick Beard post processing, all episodes should be being post-processed from a temporary download folder.
ScottAllyn wrote:
penguin47 wrote:Ok, I must not be getting it.  What do I need to change?  I have unchecked the auto post processing, where should my download dir point to ensure this stops?
Assuming that you're having the same problem that I was, you need to make sure that your final show/episode directories are NOT subdirectories of the Download Dir. The Download Directory is basically just a temporary location from which SB moves the files to their final destination directories. The Auto Post Processing function scans the Download Directory (and all sub dirs) for recognizable files and then tries to process them and move them to the appropriate final show/episode directories. If your Show/Episode directories are subdirectories of the Download Directory itself, in the best case, SB will just end up copying the files right back over the top of themselves (tho I suspect it probably just ends up erroring out and leaving the files alone). 10 minutes later, it'll try to do it all over again.

In a nutshell, the Download Directory should be *completely* separate from your TV Show directories. Think of it as a temporary directory used for processing downloaded files before they're moved to the final show/episode directories.

At least... that's my take on it! :D
Basically, yes. How can you ask Sick Beard to automatically scan & post-process a folder that contains all of your existing episodes? It's going to think they're all new episodes. Granted it could be smart about it, but for now it expects you guys to be smart about it instead ;-P
Hyperal wrote: However, everytime SB tries to post-process a show, I get this error in the log:

It still seems like everything is working fine but I get a error notification after every download and that is what shows in the log.

Also, I've been having trouble with NZBMatrix lately, anyone else?  Since Newzbin is essentially closed for now and everyone is secretive as hell about TVBinz and I can't get in, I've been relying on Matrix but SB is missing a few shows that are easily found by a manual search.
This should have been fixed this morning, make sure you have the latest source. Also why don't you use NZBs.org, it's better than NZBMatrix in every way. The reason for the wonky SB search results is that the NZBMatrix API has been buggy as hell lately.
jayhawk785 wrote: Hey Midgetspy-- one thing i did notice is that once the date for the show to air has appeared it seems to search for it.  Is it possible to set that to start searching on date at say, 9pm EST or later--I mean, it's a rare occasion that a show pre-airs before it's scheduled date/time.  

This would probably help cut down unnecessary load on the search sites' APIs.  Maybe my sickbeard install is just going rogue and searching for stuff before it should, if this is already implemented.
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=127
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Daktari wrote: I realize that this might be a trivial question: My shows goes to my overarching Downloads folder, ie not to downloads/tv even tho I put "TV" in the field in Episode Download Options. Asking how I fix this small issue.
I'm not sure what your question is... what exactly is Sick Beard doing wrong? The "TV Download Dir" should be an absolute path or it's going to be relative to your Sick Beard dir (use the folder browser!).

Man this thread is starting to move way too fast, I need to set up my own forum, heh.
jimcando

Post by jimcando »

jimcando wrote: Just like Hyperal, I'm also getting an error as it attempts to post-process.

From the log:
I just tried performing a manual post-process and it worked. So I must be doing something wrong somewhere between Sick Beard and SAB?
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

jimcando wrote:
jimcando wrote: Just like Hyperal, I'm also getting an error as it attempts to post-process.

From the log:
I just tried performing a manual post-process and it worked. So I must be doing something wrong somewhere between Sick Beard and SAB?
The manual post process doesn't use sabToSickbeard.py. The problem is already fixed in the latest rev as far as I know.
jimcando

Post by jimcando »

midgetspy wrote: The manual post process doesn't use sabToSickbeard.py. The problem is already fixed in the latest rev as far as I know.
I'm using build 442. Are you saying that the automatic post-process is broken at the moment? Or should it be fine and I'm doing something wrong?
Last edited by jimcando on April 6th, 2010, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimcando

Post by jimcando »

Sorry, double-post
sentra99

Post by sentra99 »

yeap still getting the error. When trying to add shows.

File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 660, in respond
  File "cherrypy\lib\encoding.pyo", line 193, in __call__
  File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
  File "sickbeard\webserve.pyo", line 642, in addShow
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 754, in __getitem__
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 733, in _nameToSid
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 536, in _getSeries
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 464, in _getetsrc
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 452, in _loadUrl
  File "lib\httplib2\__init__.pyo", line 1136, in request
  File "lib\httplib2\__init__.pyo", line 908, in _request
  File "lib\httplib2\__init__.pyo", line 878, in _conn_request
  File "httplib.pyo", line 972, in getresponse
  File "httplib.pyo", line 330, in __init__
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makefile'
Hyperal

Post by Hyperal »

This should have been fixed this morning, make sure you have the latest source. Also why don't you use NZBs.org, it's better than NZBMatrix in every way. The reason for the wonky SB search results is that the NZBMatrix API has been buggy as hell lately.

I'm using 442.  Updated this morning, I hadn't set up post-processing previous to trying it today.  ALso, I set NZB.org to primary provider.  I actually got into TVbinz IRC today but no acct.  So, until something else comes up, I guess I'll stick with NZBs.org.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Ah you guys are right, post processing from sab was still broken. It should be fixed in the latest source now.