Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
ramp

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by ramp »

just got a quick question.

is there a good how to, on how to run source on a windows 7 box?

would like to use alpha2 build.

thanks in advance
jbw
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by jbw »

Holy cow this thing is AWESOME.  :D
Thank you so much for putting in the time to create this superb piece of software. I do have one question which I can't figure out an answer to.

When I add a show (whether the source folder is empty or not) any older episodes that I don't have are automatically set to skipped. I then have to manually set them to missing for them to be added to SAB.

Have I neglected something in the setup or is this intentional?
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

ScottAllyn

Post by ScottAllyn »

pair of dimes wrote:I saw someone put sickbeard in /var/packages/sickbeard/ and I am wondering, is this not a good idea due to sickbeard's filesize/caching concerns?
I thought about that, but found a cache_dir option in the config.ini file (doesn't show up in the WebUI). I set Sick Beard to use the same cache and log dirs that SABnzbd is using, which are both on one of the volumes. Then the only thing left to worry about is the sickbeard.db file itself, but that file's quite small relative to the amount of space available.
Zypher82

Post by Zypher82 »

Still not having any luck with SABnzbd running the sabToSickBeard post processing script. I can run it manually from the command line and also the manual post processing from within SickBeard works fine as well.

Has anyone had this issue and fixed it?

I've made sure my python path in both sabToSickBeard.py and autoProcessTV.py are correct and both are executable.

Thanks,
Mike
tvdnagel

Post by tvdnagel »

Zypher82 wrote: Still not having any luck with SABnzbd running the sabToSickBeard post processing script. I can run it manually from the command line and also the manual post processing from within SickBeard works fine as well.

Has anyone had this issue and fixed it?

I've made sure my python path in both sabToSickBeard.py and autoProcessTV.py are correct and both are executable.

Thanks,
Mike
I'm having the same problem. I'm running SABnzbd 0.5.0 under Freenas (FreeBSD). SABnzbd says "Cannot run script (Exit code = -1)" in it's output.

-EDIT-
looks like I solved it for my setup by adding #!/usr/local/bin/python to the top of both sabToSickBeard.py and autoProcessTV.py. It was missing from autoProcessTV.py.
Last edited by tvdnagel on April 26th, 2010, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
OneStepAhead

Post by OneStepAhead »

Homerboy wrote: am I nuts or is newzbin reporting TV (and movies) again?
it appears that way. yay!!!! way to stick it to the man, newzbin.
Homerboy

Post by Homerboy »

OneStepAhead wrote:
Homerboy wrote: am I nuts or is newzbin reporting TV (and movies) again?
it appears that way. yay!!!! way to stick it to the man, newzbin.
The crappy thing (for me) is that thetvdb.com seems to not really care about updating kids' shows (Many of Nick's shows) so it never auto-fetches for those shows anyways. I'm REALLY hoping for tvrage integration sometime in the foreseeable future.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

============= ATTENTION =============
I just cleaned up a ton of posts in this thread that were blatantly ignoring our rules.

Specifically: Don't talk about what you're downloading from Usenet.

We're aware that depending on where you are on the planet, what you're doing may not be a legal gray area, but this is a forum-wide rule we have, so please follow it.

Repeated future infractions will result in a temporary or permanent ban. You've been warned, and a warning will be appended to the OP.
lowfi

Post by lowfi »

Im using the latest alpha (not alpha2) and having some problems with it.

1) tbn/nfo files are not created directly. I have to refresh a series manually.

2) it is not auto starting on my ubuntu 8.04 box. I have "created" this .sh:

Code: Select all

#! /bin/sh
### BEGIN SCRIPT INFO
# Provides: Episode Butler Start/Stop
# Copied by Ainer.org from http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=2013.0
# Written by Tret on April 17, 2009
# Modified by Ainer on March 26, 2010
# Modified by Ainer on March 31, 2010
### END SCRIPT INFO

USER="sebas"
HOME="/home/sebas"
SB_IP="localhost:8081"
SB_USER=""
SB_PASS=""

case "$1" in
start)
echo "Starting Sick Beard."
/usr/bin/sudo -u $USER -H python $HOME/sickbeard/SickBeard.py &
;;
stop)
echo "Shutting down Sick Beard."
/usr/bin/wget -q –delete-after –post-data=username=$SB_USER\&password=$SB_PASS "http://$SB_IP/home/shutdown/"
;;
*)
echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
exit 1
esac

exit 0

Running this scripts manually it works….

3) growl is not working:

18:49:18 INFO::CP Server Thread-10 :: Unable to send growl to 10.0.0.3:23053: (111, 'Connection refused')
Osx firewall is not running.

Any help is appreciated :)
pyite

Post by pyite »

A couple of questions...

First, is there anything additional I need to do other than select 'update xbmc when download is finished' in the config to make that happen? when i press the 'update xbmc' button on the home page, it updates fine, so its for sure talking to xbmc properly.

second, is it normal to download the same show twice if two sources are available?

third, i have sick beard set to rename the eps based off tvdb, but it seems as though the eps are still being named from what sabnzbd is set to name them, how can i change this?

any ideas on how i can solve any of these?
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

ramp wrote:is there a good how to, on how to run source on a windows 7 box?
It should be pretty simple, just:
- install python
- install cheetah
- download source
- run python.exe SickBeard.py
lowfi wrote: Im using the latest alpha (not alpha2) and having some problems with it.

1) tbn/nfo files are not created directly. I have to refresh a series manually.

3) growl is not working:

18:49:18 INFO::CP Server Thread-10 :: Unable to send growl to 10.0.0.3:23053: (111, 'Connection refused')
Osx firewall is not running.

Any help is appreciated :)
1) When are they not being created when they should?
2) No clue, this is an OS issue
3) http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=112 ?
pyite wrote: A couple of questions...

First, is there anything additional I need to do other than select 'update xbmc when download is finished' in the config to make that happen? when i press the 'update xbmc' button on the home page, it updates fine, so its for sure talking to xbmc properly.

second, is it normal to download the same show twice if two sources are available?

third, i have sick beard set to rename the eps based off tvdb, but it seems as though the eps are still being named from what sabnzbd is set to name them, how can i change this?

any ideas on how i can solve any of these?
1) If the "Test XBMC" button works then as long as you have the notification enabled it should work.
2) The only reason SB should ever download the same episode twice is if you have it on Best quality
3) Just disable SAB's naming?
pyite

Post by pyite »

midgetspy wrote:
1) If the "Test XBMC" button works then as long as you have the notification enabled it should work.
2) The only reason SB should ever download the same episode twice is if you have it on Best quality
3) Just disable SAB's naming?
thanks, ok yea i figured out number 3.

as far as number two goes, i have it set to HD. so one ep was downloaded in HD quality, and then the second was downloaded also in HD quality, but was listed as a repack?

i guess i will have to do some more testing as far as number ones goes as I definitely have it enabled.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Oh yeah, it will automatically download propers/repacks too. I should maybe make it an option I guess.
pyite

Post by pyite »

ok that's kinda what i thought, and probably want it to do that anyway, but i guess i might think differently if i was on a limited connection or something.

i thought that i had the post-processing thing figured out, but sabnzbd threw this error at me.

Cannot run script ~/.sickbeard/autoProcessTV/sabToSickBeard.py

the path is absolute in the error, i just took it out for the sake of continuity.

edit: i think its a permission problem.... evidently not permissions, no idea why it won't run.

edit2: running dos2unix on sabToSickBeard.py fixed the issue, there was a newline character error after python is called.
Last edited by pyite on April 26th, 2010, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.