Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
mrgreaper

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by mrgreaper »

thanks to this wonderful guide http://www.ainer.org/?p=429 and your program i have now replaced episode butler, thank you.
ulrick65

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by ulrick65 »

mrgreaper wrote: thanks to this wonderful guide http://www.ainer.org/?p=429 and your program i have now replaced episode butler, thank you.
I used the same guide and have it up and running on my Ubuntu server.  Great program...thank you very much for this!

I have a question that I was hoping I could get help with:

Is there a way that I can skip post processing with SB and just have it update the database with the new file once I copy it to the final location myself?  I have tried removing the post process script in SAB, but once I copy the episode over to it's final folder (where SB is pointing) then SB never updates the episode to DOWNLOADED...it keeps showing it as SNATCHED (even though I have clicked the box and selected "Changed Selected Episodes to: Downloaded" and then clicked REFRESH) but it does update the filename field correctly.  If I leave it to post process, all works correctly.  However, I do not want to do this because I use MediaBrowser with Meta-Browser to get my meta-data.  I also update the images with some processing to PNG before placing them in their final home.

Thanks very much.
Eejit

Post by Eejit »

This is really getting me down.

No matter if I have Use Season Folders ticked or not ticked, (the ini shows 0 for not and 1 for ticked), the post processing comes back with "Seasonfolders were 0 which gave"

This means that all episodes are placed in the Episode folder and not the episode>Season folder, no matter what I do.

This is with build 447 on a Win 7 x64 box BTW

From the Control-Console

Code: Select all

23:56:52 INFO::CP Server Thread-2 :: Auto processing file: E:\New Downloads\TV\Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD\Show.s01e17.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi (E:\New Downloads\TV\Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD)

23:56:52 INFO::CP Server Thread-2 :: Writing nfo to F:\tv\Show\Show - 1x17 - EpisodeName.nfo

23:56:52 INFO::CP Server Thread-2 :: Writing thumb to F:\tv\Show\ShowName - 1x17 - EpisodeName.tbn

23:56:54 INFO::CP Server Thread-2 :: Processing succeeded for E:\New Downloads\TV\Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD\Show.s01e17.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi

From the Email Notification

Code: Select all

Stage Script
   Processing succeeded for E:\New Downloads\TV\Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD\Show.s01e17.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi

Output from user script "sabToSickBeard.exe" (Exit code = 0):
Loading config from C:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd\SickBeard\autoProcessTV\autoProcessTV.cfg
Processing folder E:\New Downloads\TV\Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD

Auto processing file: E:\New Downloads\TV\Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD\Show.s01e17.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi (E:\New Downloads\TV\Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD)

Processing file E:\New Downloads\TV\Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD\Show.s01e17.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi (with folder name Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD and NZB name None)

Attempting to parse name E:\New Downloads\TV\Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD\Show.s01e17.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi

Found the show in our list, continuing

TVDB thinks the file is Show1x17

Seasonfolders were 0 which gave

The ultimate destination for E:\New Downloads\TV\Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD\Show.s01e17.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi is F:\tv\Show\Show - 1x17 - EpisodeName.avi

Existing result: 0

Moving from E:\New Downloads\TV\Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD\Show.s01e17.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi to F:\tv\Show\

File was moved successfully

Renaming the file F:\tv\Show\Show.s01e17.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi to F:\tv\Show\Show - 1x17 - EpisodeName.avi

Post processing finished successfully

Deleting folder E:\New Downloads\TV\Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD

Processing succeeded for E:\New Downloads\TV\Show S01E17 HDTV XviD 2HD\Show.s01e17.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi
Edit: 29th April

Finally sussed it.

The "Use Season Folders" in the Config is the default setting.
I didn't have this ticked when I set up all my shows, and thought by altering it later, would alter it in all my shows,Which it doesn't.

I now have to edit the shows individually.
Last edited by Eejit on April 28th, 2010, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eejit - The name say's it all !!
jaytima

Post by jaytima »

Is it possible to have sickbeard rename nzbs using the episode names it has to 'Show - SxEP - Ep Name'(newzbin's nzb naming) before sending them to sab, so that sab can get episode names for its own postprocessing/sorting?
funstuie

Post by funstuie »

Hello again

Is there anyway to change the way sickbeard renames the files.

At the moment I have it set to rename them as

showname - S00E00 - episodename.mkv

but I would prefer to name them like follows:

showname.S00E00 - Episodename.mkv

Is this at all possible as part of the post processing?
clobber

Post by clobber »

Can someone clear up my confusion please? I've read about Sick Beard for a while now, but have yet to try it. What is the advantage over using the built-in sabnzbd RSS capability which seems to work flawlessly - and even renames the episodes. What am I missing?

thanks
Zypher82

Post by Zypher82 »

clobber wrote: Can someone clear up my confusion please? I've read about Sick Beard for a while now, but have yet to try it. What is the advantage over using the built-in sabnzbd RSS capability which seems to work flawlessly - and even renames the episodes. What am I missing?

thanks
I was wondering the same thing until i started using SickBeard, then I didn't wonder anymore. In my opinion, SickBeard offers a lot more control and organization for TV episodes.
clobber

Post by clobber »

Maybe that is what I am missing. I tend to keep all my episodes in one folder. Yes, hundreds of them. While that is not exactly tidy, it lets me delete episodes on my HTPC (Mediaportal) using the remote, without leaving empty folders laying around. I'm certainly up for a better way if there is one.
adaemox
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by adaemox »

ulrick65 wrote:
mrgreaper wrote: thanks to this wonderful guide http://www.ainer.org/?p=429 and your program i have now replaced episode butler, thank you.
I'm glad the guide worked for you guys!
Adaemox

SABnzbd+, Episode Butler, VDPAU, and Sick Beard Tutorials @ http://www.ainer.org

Ubuntu and Firefox Information at http://www.ainer.org
ulrick65

Post by ulrick65 »

clobber wrote: Maybe that is what I am missing. I tend to keep all my episodes in one folder. Yes, hundreds of them. While that is not exactly tidy, it lets me delete episodes on my HTPC (Mediaportal) using the remote, without leaving empty folders laying around. I'm certainly up for a better way if there is one.
I gotta tell you...this app is fantastic if you do a lot of TV shows.  My OCD requires me to be organized to a rediculous degree...so for me, the one folder would be like putting small shards of glass in my eyes and throwing in some sand for good measure!  ;)  Being able to see all my shows and what episode are missing, etc. all in one web interface...with SAB integration...in great.
lowfi

Post by lowfi »

adaemox wrote:
ulrick65 wrote:
I'm glad the guide worked for you guys!
This start/stop script is not working for me. I can start it manually but not as a bootup script. It fails to load SB every time. Im on ubuntu 8.10 (will migrate to 10.04 as soon as it is avail.)

Althought sickbeard is nice it crashes a lot on my side. Lots of database locked errors and other hard to understand errors ;)
geebee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by geebee »

SickBeard is running great for me now on my QNAP NAS.

Thank you midgetspy!
ulrick65

Post by ulrick65 »

Is there any way to get SB to update the status of an episode without the Post Processing script?  Once I copy the episode to the proper place, it still shows in SB as "snatched".  Hitting refresh does not fix it...but doing a "Force Full Update" does.  It is kind of a pain to have to remember to go in and do that everytime.

Any ideas?
bleomycin

Post by bleomycin »

Sorry if this has been asked however i haven't found an answer. Does Sick Beard have support for existing TV shows with each episode in it's own folder? When i add a tv show sick beard seems to miss any shows that have not been extracted to the root of a Season folder. Also does it have support for show's still contained in .rar archives? Assuming no to both of these does anyone know of a script/way (for linux) to help extract all of the archives and move the extracted content to the root of a season folder so sick beard can manage it? I found awescript http://x264.rescene.info/awescript/ but it doesn't seem to have all of that functionality. Thanks for any help!
skinner

Post by skinner »

I really like Sick Beard. It is very helpful.

But there is one thing, I hope you can add it in the future. Language Support

Made it possible, to specify the Language of a Show. Something like: Download it in German AND English if available, else in German only or English one. Like the Quality selection.
Newzbin supports Language Filtering, don't know if other Search Provider also supports Language Filtering.

Hope you can add this in a future release.