Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
jimcando

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by jimcando »

Nefarious wrote: I'm an EB user now, but I've toyed with Sick Beard. One thing I don't care for is that the app requires folders for each download to remain in place. I prefer to delete the folders once I have watched my downloads, that is how I track what new stuff is ready to watch. Seems Sick Beard is more the type of application for people that store episodes. Is there any plans to change this in the future?
You can still get Sick Beard to download new programs when they come out and then delete them yourself.
You don't have to have Sick Beard process them to another folder.
Nefarious
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by Nefarious »

jimcando wrote:
Nefarious wrote: I'm an EB user now, but I've toyed with Sick Beard. One thing I don't care for is that the app requires folders for each download to remain in place. I prefer to delete the folders once I have watched my downloads, that is how I track what new stuff is ready to watch. Seems Sick Beard is more the type of application for people that store episodes. Is there any plans to change this in the future?
You can still get Sick Beard to download new programs when they come out and then delete them yourself.
You don't have to have Sick Beard process them to another folder.
Except when you add a show, it require it to be set to a folder where is stores the show information, backdrop, etc.
yari001

Post by yari001 »

[/quote]

Have you tried 'localhost:8080' ? I know that's the only one that works for me
[/quote]

This worked like a charm. Thanks for your help  :D
Jim

Post by Jim »

i just noticed this message in the console:

01:14:05 INFO::FINDPROPERS :: Found a proper that we need:
01:14:05 INFO::FINDPROPERS :: Unable to find an original history entry for proper   so I'm not downloading it.

it did download this tv show yesterday, why doesn't it download the proper now?
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Jim wrote: i just noticed this message in the console:

01:14:05 INFO::FINDPROPERS :: Unable to find an original history entry for proper   so I'm not downloading it.

Not sure, if you want you can send me a PM or make a ticket on google code with the full log and I can take a look. Are you sure the quality is the same?
evlcookie

Post by evlcookie »

Just got this working the other night and i was blown away. What an amazing bit of software, Love it love it love it  :)

The only thing i find missing is the ability to select when you want specific items to be downloaded. For example, 3 items come out on a single day but you only want item 1 to be downloaded asap and items 2 and 3 to start at 3am or whatever time you decide. But that's a personal preference so i didn't expect it to be available. Even missing that it's still something that i don't think i could live without once i finally set it all up.

Keep up the good work mr sick beard!
Jim

Post by Jim »

midgetspy wrote:
Jim wrote: i just noticed this message in the console:

Not sure, if you want you can send me a PM or make a ticket on google code with the full log and I can take a look. Are you sure the quality is the same?
ah i see now, the proper is xvid and sickbeard is set to download HD only.
the message confused me a little bit ;)
JayBird

Post by JayBird »

Been running Sickbeard for over a week now on my Mac Mini and it is brilliant!!

Looking forward to updates

P.S. any plans for a dedicated forum for SickBeard, it would be easier to keep up to date with issues etc rather than having to search a big thread
dandichka

Post by dandichka »

Hi, I'm a new user and the program is great. After getting my shows in and grabbing a number of backlogs without problem, I now keep getting the following error in the console when sickbeard boots and begins to search for "missing" eps AND when initiating the backlog search:

May-13 11:55:47 ERROR    SEARCH :: Exception generated in thread SEARCH: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xcf in position 88: ordinal not in range(128)
May-13 11:55:47 DEBUG    SEARCH :: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sickbeard\scheduler.pyo", line 48, in runAction
  File "sickbeard\searchCurrent.pyo", line 111, in run
  File "sickbeard\searchCurrent.pyo", line 59, in searchForTodaysEpisodes
  File "sickbeard\search.pyo", line 138, in findEpisode
  File "sickbeard\logger.pyo", line 70, in log
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xcf in position 88: ordinal not in range(128)

.... and for backlog search:

May-13 12:07:41 ERROR    BACKLOG :: Exception generated in thread BACKLOG: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xcf in position 89: ordinal not in range(128)
May-13 12:07:41 DEBUG    BACKLOG :: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sickbeard\scheduler.pyo", line 48, in runAction
  File "sickbeard\searchBacklog.pyo", line 148, in run
  File "sickbeard\searchBacklog.pyo", line 87, in searchBacklog
  File "sickbeard\search.pyo", line 138, in findEpisode
  File "sickbeard\logger.pyo", line 70, in log
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xcf in position 89: ordinal not in range(128)

The backlog search stops after this error and does not process further. I have tried to remove the particular episode as well, but the following eps return the same error.  Any Suggestions?
Zypher82

Post by Zypher82 »

Can i have both nzb & torrent options checked in SickBeard? I'm curious what SickBeard is using to download torrents?

Anyone recommend a torrent downloader for a NAS system?
maxrogers

Post by maxrogers »

Just FYI. contemptx a sysop @ nzbsrus.com just stated that they are going to work on getting an API going to facilitate Sick Beard!:
http://www.nzbsrus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 984#p47984

This is great news because I have noticed that nzbsrus.com has been much quicker with shows than any of the other options right now...

edit: P.S. midgetspy, you my friend are AWESOME and Sick Beard is amazing!!! Thanks for all the hard work! ;o)
Last edited by maxrogers on May 14th, 2010, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lar1r

Post by lar1r »

Using Freenas (Freebsd).

Installed sabnzbd 0.5.2 using a nice automated script here:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/free ... d1fe4352fa

When I run python SickBeard.py I get the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "SickBeard.py", line 32, in
   import sqlite3
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/sqlite3/__init__.py", line 24, in
   from dbapi2 import *
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/sqlite3/dbapi2.py", line 27, in
   from _sqlite3 import *
ImportError: No module named _sqlite3

Any idea what this error means?
I've even tried modifying sabToSickBeard.py to use #!/usr/local/bin/python (which is a FreeNas/FreeBSD thing I believe)

Ideas what else I need to change?  It would be ideal to have my NAS fitted with SickBeard to auto update itself.

Thx

Lar

**Update** Reinstall sqlite3 was the answer
pkg_add -r -f py25-sqlite3
Last edited by lar1r on May 23rd, 2010, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
geebee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by geebee »

Feature request!

When I download a new show that isn't in SickBeards list, SAB unpacks it into the correct place.

Anyway that Sick could then automatically add it to it's list of shows to watch?

For example I download a new show 1x01, then Sick can pick it up and grab the rest as they are shown.
nobrumski

Post by nobrumski »

Is there a way and if so what is the best to mark episodes as watched? I tend to delete the shows after I watch them so I want to avoid downloading them later. This also includes episodes that are no longer in my directory. so I want to avoid adding them to the backlog.
Jim

Post by Jim »

on that note ;)

id like to see missed episodes put in the backlog automatically instead of marking them as 'skipped'.