Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by midgetspy »

Stitch wrote:
SirX wrote: I'm trying to get sick beard to watch for shows, but I get this error when I press submit when I add a show:

Code: Select all

TVDB error, unable to search for show title/info: Told to clean cache dir cache/tvdb but it does not exist
Any ideas?
I have the same problem.

anyone have a solution? I considered my sickbeard.db not being writable but it seems to be fine.
It's fixed in git.
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

midgetspy wrote:
Stitch wrote:
SirX wrote: I'm trying to get sick beard to watch for shows, but I get this error when I press submit when I add a show:

Code: Select all

TVDB error, unable to search for show title/info: Told to clean cache dir cache/tvdb but it does not exist
Any ideas?

I have the same problem.

anyone have a solution? I considered my sickbeard.db not being writable but it seems to be fine.
It's fixed in git.
so it is, you legend. Thank you.
pspgimp

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by pspgimp »

Getting this looking at my console this morning

Searching NZBs.org for SeriesName - S03E06 - EpisodeName
08:16:23 ERROR::SEARCH :: Error loading NZBs.org URL: (, URLError(error(111, 'Connection refused'),), ) -

is anyone else getting this ?
SirX

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by SirX »

Thanks for fixing the TVDB error. It's working fine now :)

I've got another question. I'm new to this, so this may be a dumb question:
I'd like to automatically download episodes that already exist. Let's say I'd like to see a show that has been going on for 3 years and I've only downloaded and seen season 1 (manually). Let's say Season 4 will start in a few weeks. Sick Beard will watch for the first episode of Season 4. But is there a way to get both seasons 2 and 3 other than manually download each single episode?
mlabate

Post by mlabate »

I have a question about updating SickBeard, I did some searching before and I couldn't find anything on it - if this has been posted before please just point me towards that and delete this.

How is everyone updating SickBeard from github? Do you just drag and drop the new files or can you run some type of update based on github? What is everyone else doing?

Thanks
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

I followed this chaps helpful advice and installed sickbeard through a git client.

http://www.jetshred.com/installing-sick ... c-os-10-6/

I just cd into the dir and do a 'git pull', new version in seconds. Make sure SB is not running though.
mlabate

Post by mlabate »

Stitch wrote: I followed this chaps helpful advice and installed sickbeard through a git client.

I just cd into the dir and do a 'git pull', new version in seconds. Make sure SB is not running though.
Thanks for this.

Does it matter what platform I am running on? I have SickBeard running on my Qnap NAS (Which is running some form of Linux).
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

Hrrm! Bit out of my depth with that one mate.

I would imagine there is a linux version of a git client you can install, perhaps someone else here can help.
mlabate

Post by mlabate »

I found this guide: http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki ... eSickBeard and it seemed to work out perfectly.

I was surprised how easy it was, so to anyone else looking to upgrade and can't use the git command, use that guide.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

mlabate wrote:
Stitch wrote: I followed this chaps helpful advice and installed sickbeard through a git client.

Thanks for this.

Does it matter what platform I am running on? I have SickBeard running on my Qnap NAS (Which is running some form of Linux).
Looking at the commands this works at Ubuntu / debian
mlabate

Post by mlabate »

rascalli wrote:
mlabate wrote:

Thanks for this.

It doesn't work on a Qnap NAS. I tried from Ubuntu 10.04 connected to my Qnap and it doesn't see the git command. Doing the manual update worked just fine for me.
SirX

Post by SirX »

For Ubuntu/Debian I found this guide. It's very clear and easy to understand:

http://www.ainer.org/?p=42
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

mlabate wrote:
rascalli wrote:
mlabate wrote: Thanks for this.

It doesn't work on a Qnap NAS. I tried from Ubuntu 10.04 connected to my Qnap and it doesn't see the git command. Doing the manual update worked just fine for me.
Is git installed ? as you need this ofcourse to use the commands
mlabate

Post by mlabate »

rascalli wrote:
mlabate wrote:
rascalli wrote: Looking at the commands this works at Ubuntu / debian
Is git installed ? as you need this ofcourse to use the commands
It seems like it is not installed so it won't work.
manolodf

Post by manolodf »

It happened today again, i was doing season 3 of a show about a theory of a bang that is big, and i set most of the shows as missed, and it got a couple of the xvid ones but the rest it got the mkv x264 files.  Yet nzbmatrix did have the xvids readily, so i had to manually do them.  I think there is something up with the way sick beard searches nzbmatrix because it keeps pulling the x264 HD files even though the show is set to do ONLY SD shows, its not set to Any or anything like that.