Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
rascalli

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by rascalli »

When I do git pull I am getting a lot of messages like below on different files:

not uptodate. Cannot merge.

Any idea ??
Mrkennedy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by Mrkennedy »

nobrumski wrote:
Mrkennedy wrote: Is there a reason why in the coming soon part there are only 7 or so shows out of about 40 that are in my directory. I know at least another 7 or so have not finished yet, and 1 has had a show but SB did not pick it up.

thanks
Also make sure they show episodes to be aired. I know some of my shows are missing some metadata on thetvdb.com so I have been adding the data there as they show up in the zap2it tv listings.
One of the shows is on episode 37 on thetvd.com but only on 35 in SB with me, its says active and continuing
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

rascalli wrote: When I do git pull I am getting a lot of messages like below on different files:

not uptodate. Cannot merge.

Any idea ??
Sounds like you have local changes to those files and the changes conflict - if you don't need the changes just delete the files and it'll grab fresh versions.
Last edited by midgetspy on June 1st, 2010, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

Can someone help please ?

I have SickBeard installed manually on my QNAP SAN.

I noticed people saying that using GIT was a simpler method of keeping SickBeard up to date.

I have installed git from the optiware ipkg installer, and it seems that this is all ok, however how do I get git to update my existing install ? or am I missing something ?

Cheers

PSPgimp
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

To download the latest version :

First clone it :

git clone git://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git *NAME_OF_FOLDER*

Then you have the latest version

After that you can update the latest version after changes with :

Go into the folder you installed sickbeard in , and use the following command : git pull
NOTE : Sickbeard needs to be stopped before you update.
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

rascalli, thanks for the quick reply. however still stumped. So just to explain fully.

I have an install of SickBeard that I manually installed a few weeks ago. It's in the following location on my QNAP SAN.

/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/sickbeard

I have ran the command you suggested, putting in the path to my sickbeard dir

git clone git://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/sickbeard

When I do this I get the following, which looks like a fail  :-

fatal: destination path '/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/sickbeard' already exists and is not an empty directory.

help !
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

In fact just tried this again from inside the sickbeard directory and from the .qpkg directory (one below sickbeard) and now I get this error :-

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

any help would be appreciated.
NK26

Post by NK26 »

Im new to git but I believe you need to run the Git init command first. then clone.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

fatal: destination path '/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/sickbeard' already exists and is not an empty directory.
Seems pretty obvious ;-P Just move that folder, clone the repo into a new/empty folder, and then copy your sickbeard.db/config.ini in.
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

well everything seems obvious if you have done it before, not having used Linux too much before and never having used git before, it wasn't very obvious, although it is now obvious that you don't upgrade the one you have got bit create a new one with git and then move your config/db over.  ::)

thanks for the speedy replies, now back up and running thanks ! great app by the way midgetspy, like some others have mentioned imdb would be good to see added to watch for movie files !

regards

PSPgimp
kian

Post by kian »

can some1 please explain the xbmc update functionality wihin sick beard? i am using sick beard on my NAS and xbmc is running on a seperate client (streaming via smb). how does sick beard update the xbmc library? does xbmc need to be running? what happens if the client is in powered off? does sick beard queue the xbmc update in this case?
Mrkennedy

Post by Mrkennedy »

Is there a way i can add Merlins Portal to this? As Newzbin and Tvnzb have both gone now.

Newzbin is now up and running, same username and credit
Last edited by Mrkennedy on June 2nd, 2010, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Mrkennedy wrote: Is there a way i can add Merlins Portal to this? As Newzbin and Tvnzb have both gone now.

Newzbin is now up and running, same username and credit
Why not use bin-req, nzbsrus, or nzbs.org? I might add Merlin's Portal at some point but there are plenty of alternatives.
Mrkennedy

Post by Mrkennedy »

I only got 5 options in my page

Nzb((dot)org (this is the only one i use atm)
Newzbin
Matrix (not got vip account)
Eztv
TvNzb
mlabate

Post by mlabate »

Mrkennedy wrote: I only got 5 options in my page

Nzb((dot)org (this is the only one i use atm)
Newzbin
Matrix (not got vip account)
Eztv
TvNzb
I just updated my source this week and I have:

NZBs.org
NZBs'R'US
Ben-Req
NZBMatrix
EZTV

If you update you should have the same.