Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
rascalli

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by rascalli »

@ brown geek please check here : http://www.sickbeard.com/forums/viewtop ... f=4&t=1226

---
Somehow you must have done something wrong.

As Sickbeard will only process stuff if :

1. A script is set for that download (and it will not touch anything else)
2. You manual post-process a folder
3. You have Scan & Process set for a folder
Last edited by rascalli on February 21st, 2011, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoggy
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by zoggy »

Ruede wrote: sickbeard rocks!

but i am missing some stuff.

clock to be localized. --> more useful for "comingEpisodes"
adding new episodes without having to create a folder in a certain directory...
keeping r/w operations on the discs at a minimum. for ppl that like to have their disk in idle (of course the rescan folder option has to read the dirs..!!)
the 'clock' is pulled from thetvdb. the airdate is a joke on thetvdb and even the admins know this -- since people put in whatever the tv show air date/time is.. in whatever timezone they want. really the show airdate we don't care about.. its the episode airdate/time we care about.. since shows change slots/do specials/etc. then also the time should be stored in utc/gmt.. so that people pulling the info can then apply the offset that they want. it is a programmers nightmare to try and do anything with their current airdate as well since the format is not standard. people have put in the airtime at 9pm or 0900 or 9:00 or 9PM or 1100 etc.. . until the rewrite is released we really can't do anything. Ideally I'd rather just use some public electronic program guide with api that we can use to query tv shows to get accurate and reliable results.
lightsout

Post by lightsout »

Is there any guide to get sickbeard running on Windows Home Server.  I am thinking of installing WHS but sickbeard is a big part of it and I need it to work.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

All depends on how you want to run it

Want to run from the exe ? ( means nothing to install)
Want to run from source ?? See here : http://sickbeard.com/install.html

How to configure SB : http://sickbeard.com/config.html

All very easy & straight forward
lightsout

Post by lightsout »

Sorry I have it all set up on windows 7 but was thinking about going to WHS.

Right now I just have the exe in the root of my C drive and have sickbeard run at startup.  Didn't install python or any of that.

Is it that easy on WHS as well?
xyanide

Post by xyanide »

lightsout wrote: Sorry I have it all set up on windows 7 but was thinking about going to WHS.

Right now I just have the exe in the root of my C drive and have sickbeard run at startup.  Didn't install python or any of that.

Is it that easy on WHS as well?
WHS installation is the same as Windows XP for example or even Windows 7.
WHS is just a modified Windows Server 2003.

I`ve got Sabnzbd, SickBeard, CouchPotato and many other services running on my WHS without any problems :).

Good luck installing!
lightsout

Post by lightsout »

Ok well that sounds great.  Thank you
munchit

Post by munchit »

It's been a while since i visited this but now the updates seem to be rolling out thick and fast i'd like to resolve it if i can... I presently have SickBeard set to start by using a script inside ~/Library/LaunchAgents/

I had to do this when i first started using SB as otherwise the second i shut down the Terminal window that I had used to start Python, Python would stop again.

Now whenever I update SB, i have to log off again to restart it

Surely there must be a better way of starting it? (And for that matter CouchPotato which i have to start in the same way!)
munchit

Post by munchit »

Having had a trawl through the sickbeard forums... it seems not!

Oh well... not a massive problem.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

@Munchit , indeed OSX seems to have problems to start python
fholmes

Post by fholmes »

Thank you very much!  This addon rocks.  Do you have an amazon wishlist?  If not you should.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

@ fholmes , I don't think midgetspy has that .. but there is paypal ;-)

For more help , have a look at the forums : http://sickbeard.com/forums/index.php
dweller

Post by dweller »

I've just started using Sick Beard on my QNAP Nas. Massive props to the developer for this - really awesome app!

I've been going through all the shows on my NAs and adding them in to the DB.

One weird thing I've noticed is even after I add some of my existing shows, I still see them in the "Add Existing Shows" list. Is there a delay before they stop showing in the list?

Anyone seen this happen before?
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

there can indeed be a small delay , as all details need to be in the database first
jericko

Post by jericko »

I really wanted to Thank the developer of this app.  It is exactly what I have been looking for.  Great work!