Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

bnevets27 wrote: My directory structure is "Season X"
Hmm, can you give me an example of a show folder structure and episode naming that isn't getting detected please?
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by bnevets27 »

midgetspy wrote: Yeah the problem is that for every extra naming convention I support I have to do an additional search on NZBs.org, so if I were to really support every possible combination then every episode would be dozens of queries. This is because their API is extremely rudimentary - on Newzbin I can search many different formats in a single search so I don't have to worry about it. Also TVBinz normalizes their reports so that misnamed ones get changed to a standard format in the RSS, which makes searching much smoother.

All in all I don't know what I can do about NZBs.org, unless they make some changes to their site I think it's impractical to do a comprehensive search there :-|
Oh ok, I understand. So if I were to setup my newzbin account, it will find the show if it is in the SxEE format? So I assume as for completeness of searches newzbin is the best followed by TVBinz then by nzbs.org. Should newzbin and TVBinz get the same results or is newzbin still better?  
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

midgetspy wrote:
bnevets27 wrote: My directory structure is "Season X"
Hmm, can you give me an example of a show folder structure and episode naming that isn't getting detected please?
\tv shows\SHOW\season 1\SHOW - S01E01 - Pilot.avi

Is that what you are looking for?

Ah! I might have found it, looks like the only show it picked up the episodes for also has "Season 01" mixed in with "Season 1"
I'll clean that up and try both ways If you need me too.
Last edited by switch on December 13th, 2009, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

bnevets27 wrote:
midgetspy wrote: Yeah the problem is that for every extra naming convention I support I have to do an additional search on NZBs.org, so if I were to really support every possible combination then every episode would be dozens of queries. This is because their API is extremely rudimentary - on Newzbin I can search many different formats in a single search so I don't have to worry about it. Also TVBinz normalizes their reports so that misnamed ones get changed to a standard format in the RSS, which makes searching much smoother.

All in all I don't know what I can do about NZBs.org, unless they make some changes to their site I think it's impractical to do a comprehensive search there :-|
Oh ok, I understand. So if I were to setup my newzbin account, it will find the show if it is in the SxEE format? So I assume as for completeness of searches newzbin is the best followed by TVBinz then by nzbs.org. Should newzbin and TVBinz get the same results or is newzbin still better? 
As far as I'm aware Newzbin searches will have a 100% success rate since they manually police all their report titles. TVBinz and NZBs.org don't manually edit any of their reports so if the show name is weird it's possible it won't get picked up (though I'm not aware of any problems with that). But weird season/episode formatting will cause NZBs.org searches to fail whereas TVBinz normalizes that part so it's guaranteed to match. So in terms of potential problems I guess it's:

Newzbin: no problems
TVBinz: could have problems with show names only
NZBs: could have problems with show names or season/episode formatting

I see the problem in your log. There's a different bug that is causing the update thread to crash when it tries to scan the folder so it never gets far enough to load the episodes. I should be able to fix that right away.

EDIT: r178 should work
Last edited by inpheaux on April 26th, 2010, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by wally007 »

midgetspy wrote: Hmm, ok lets see... the first bug here is that I'm not fixing up the cheetah .tmpl paths, so when you ran it as root it was looking for them in the dir you were in when you started Sick Beard rather than the dir Sick Beard was installed in. This is fixed in r176.

The second thing is I should be catching that permission denied error and disabling logging but still running. I'll add that in a bit, but for now you should be able to just chmod your sickbeard dir (or run as root I guess).
haha thanks man.. i was pulling my hair here for few hours. I'm gonna cool off for few hours , maybe till next weekend and give it a shot again then.

I have a question though ... if i have show that is NOT on thetvdb.com will SickBeard still look for it in rss feeds ? From what i understand MediaRover does and it would be a shame if SickBeard doesnt... thetvdb.com goes down from time to time as well as is not as up to date on less popular shows.

For example if i have a show wally/Season 1/wally - s01e01.avi and thetvdb doesnt have record for show wally. MediaRover would still look for wally.s01e02.nzb and download it once it appears in rss feeds. From what ive read on wiki it seems SickBeard will ignore it.  Is that the case ?
Last edited by wally007 on December 12th, 2009, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

wally007 wrote:
midgetspy wrote: Hmm, ok lets see... the first bug here is that I'm not fixing up the cheetah .tmpl paths, so when you ran it as root it was looking for them in the dir you were in when you started Sick Beard rather than the dir Sick Beard was installed in. This is fixed in r176.

The second thing is I should be catching that permission denied error and disabling logging but still running. I'll add that in a bit, but for now you should be able to just chmod your sickbeard dir (or run as root I guess).
haha thanks man.. i was pulling my hair here for few hours. I'm gonna cool off for few hours , maybe till next weekend and give it a shot again then.

I have a question though ... if i have show that is NOT on thetvdb.com will SickBeard still look for it in rss feeds ? From what i understand MediaRover does and it would be a shame if SickBeard doesnt... thetvdb.com goes down from time to time as well as is not as up to date on less popular shows.

For example if i have a show wally/Season 1/wally - s01e01.avi and thetvdb doesnt have record for show wally. MediaRover would still look for wally.s01e02.nzb and download it once it appears in rss feeds. From what ive read on wiki it seems SickBeard will ignore it.  Is that the case ?
Yes, that is the case. theTVDB being down isn't a problem though because Sick Beard keeps a local DB of the info, but if the show doesn't exist at all or the info is wrong it won't work.

I've considered changing this but the problem is that a show that doesn't exist on theTVDB would have to be treated completely differently by Sick Beard. It would basically just be a dumb RSS reader, and since it would be missing all the meta information I wouldn't be able to do any of the things I normally do with a show (episode renaming, generate nfo/tbn, display show details, search for old episodes, etc). Once you've tried Sick Beard and you see how it treats the shows I think you'll understand that it would basically amount to creating a totally separate program and running it at the same time as Sick Beard, hehe.

It is possible that I will eventually add a dumb RSS reader to Sick Beard which is separate from the main TV show management part, but it will definitely be in the distant future.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

I understand.... good luck !!!

I'm using Plex so i dont really need anything other than "dumb" RSS downloader to get my stuff. Plex/XBMC/Boxee scrapers get that matadata stuff. I was hoping to kick thetvdb dependency :-)
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

wally007 wrote: I understand.... good luck !!!

I'm using Plex so i dont really need anything other than "dumb" RSS downloader to get my stuff. Plex/XBMC/Boxee scrapers get that matadata stuff. I was hoping to kick thetvdb dependency :-)
Well the idea behind Sick Beard is that it's more than just a downloader. It'll normalize all your episode names, let you see if there's any episodes you're missing and watch for them to be reposted, save the metadata on your filesystem so XBMC/Plex can just read it from file instead of scraping it from TVDB, etc. Probably the best solution is to just add whatever shows you want to the TVDB and then use Sick Beard! ;-P

Also thanks to wally007's help I have added NZBMatrix support to r179. It hasn't been thoroughly tested so let me know if you have problems with it but it should be working for the most part.
Last edited by midgetspy on December 12th, 2009, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

midgetspy wrote: EDIT: r178 should work
Works perfect! Thanks for the quick update.

Thanks wally007 for helping out with NZBMatrix, I was wondering if it was going to get supported. Testing r179 right now.

Small visual bug between firefox and IE. The coming episodes page gets displayed properly in firefox (which is what I use anyway) but in IE everything is aligned to the left. I'll post a screen shot.

With all the quick updates, which is great, would it be possible for sick beard to check if its up to date? Would be good to have in the final version. Even if you could just show the latest version in a corner and I could do a visual compare to see if latest version is newer would be nice.

**Removed**

EDIT:
Just noticed this on the NZBMatrix website
All feeds update every 25 minutes, DO NOT HAMMER OUR FEEDS OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE BANNED/BLOCKED
So it might be a good idea if the user selects NZBMatrix the minimum Search Frequency is set to 25 minutes.
Last edited by switch on December 13th, 2009, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

I need to redo the coming episodes page anyway, the current one is just stolen from hellaVCR and could use an update I think. I'm no good at layout/design so if anybody wants to come up with something it'd be more than welcome.

About NZBMatrix, there were some updates in r181 to fix a few bugs so if you have problems try updating first.

As for auto-updating I don't think that'll get done anytime soon since I'm not sure exactly how I'd do it... but I can make it alert you when a new version is available, definitely.
Undisclosedpower

Post by Undisclosedpower »

I've had a go at getting this to run up on my debian (lenny) box. But I get the following error:

Code: Select all

capricadebweb01:~/sickbeard/sickbeard-read-only# python --version
Python 2.5.2
capricadebweb01:~/sickbeard/sickbeard-read-only# ./SickBeard.py 
: command not founde 18: 
: command not founde 19: 
: command not founde 20: 
import: unable to open X server `'.
: command not founde 29: 
: command not founde 32: 
: command not founde 34: 
: command not founde 40: 
: command not founde 42: 
: command not founde 44: 
./SickBeard.py: line 45: syntax error near unexpected token `signal.SIGINT,'
'/SickBeard.py: line 45: `signal.signal(signal.SIGINT, sickbeard.sig_handler)
capricadebweb01:~/sickbeard/sickbeard-read-only# python SickBeard.py 
  File "SickBeard.py", line 60
    except Exception as e:
                      ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
capricadebweb01:~/sickbeard/sickbeard-read-only# 
One of your posts says 2.6 is required so I'm assuming that's my problem. But before I try and upgrade python on this box I'd like to confirm that.

Also, I've got it running on windows and I've added a couple of shows. Some of the shows have massive history and I don't keep the episodes around after I watch them so Sick beard thinks they aren't downloaded. My undownloaded episode count is really high and I can't figure out how to mark them as 'downloaded'. Any advice?
switch

Post by switch »

Posters, please bear in mind our rules forbid discussing the contents of your downloads from usenet. Please be sensible when writing your posts.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Undisclosedpower wrote: I've had a go at getting this to run up on my debian (lenny) box. But I get the following error:

One of your posts says 2.6 is required so I'm assuming that's my problem. But before I try and upgrade python on this box I'd like to confirm that.

Also, I've got it running on windows and I've added a couple of shows. Some of the shows have massive history and I don't keep the episodes around after I watch them so Sick beard thinks they aren't downloaded. My undownloaded episode count is really high and I can't figure out how to mark them as 'downloaded'. Any advice?
Actually your first problem is that SickBeard.py doesn't have a shebang at the top so you need to run it with "python SickBeard.py". I guess I should add one. But that's not going to help because it needs python 2.6, yes.

For your second question, I think you're confusing "Watched" with "Downloaded", hehe. A file that you have deleted is no longer downloaded, and Sick Beard isn't going to keep track of it, sorry.
Undisclosedpower

Post by Undisclosedpower »

Cheers for the reply... i'll probably move this to my OS X machine (where sab runs) so python 2.6 won't be a problem there.

Regarding the downloaded count this is what i mean:

I've watched all 449 episodes of this show, but I've not downloaded them via sab. But it obviously inflates my 'un-downloaded' count. Is there a way to cut those eps out?
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Undisclosedpower wrote: Cheers for the reply... i'll probably move this to my OS X machine (where sab runs) so python 2.6 won't be a problem there.

Regarding the downloaded count this is what i mean:

I've watched all 449 episodes of this show, but I've not downloaded them via sab. But it obviously inflates my 'un-downloaded' count. Is there a way to cut those eps out?
Well it doesn't inflate the un-downloaded count because those episodes aren't downloaded, hehe. That count is the number of episodes that are available on your local filesystem, and there's currently no way to fake downloads currently (other than make dummy files).