Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Mrkennedy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by Mrkennedy »

mlabate wrote:
Mrkennedy wrote: I only got 5 options in my page

Nzb((dot)org (this is the only one i use atm)
Newzbin
Matrix (not got vip account)
Eztv
TvNzb
I just updated my source this week and I have:

NZBs.org
NZBs'R'US
Ben-Req
NZBMatrix
EZTV

If you update you should have the same.
What version you have now?

I got 0.5.2 (but in sickbeard it says Alpha 449)
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

449 is ancient, I highly suggest you upgrade to 452. 0.5.2 is your SAB version.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Where do I see what version I am running ?

Also I have sickbeard from git.
And I have checked : Notify when new versions are available

But where will it notify me ?
It never dit , but there have been new versions
Mrkennedy

Post by Mrkennedy »

midgetspy wrote: 449 is ancient, I highly suggest you upgrade to 452. 0.5.2 is your SAB version.
I only had SB for a week and downloaded it from the google site. Will look for 452 now. Whats the best way to overwrite the one i have now

This is the one i downloaded - SickBeard-win32-alpha-build452.zip  Win32 alpha build 452 (unstable/development release)    Featured
Last edited by Mrkennedy on June 2nd, 2010, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mrkennedy

Post by Mrkennedy »

Sorted it, is the change over supposed to save your tv shows too? Everything else was saved apart from those. I needed to end process in task manager to turn SB off for it to upgrade
Mrkennedy

Post by Mrkennedy »

Sorry another quick question how can you get SB to see episodes named Part 1, 2 etc instead of s01e01
Phluxed

Post by Phluxed »

I am having trouble getting SB to recognize previously downloaded episodes.

If I turn on the post process, it "checks" them off as if having them, but it deletes the files, or it fails to process.

Is there any way to get it to recognize episodes I have from previous downloads?
kian

Post by kian »

fyi
newzbin is back again (only its called newzbin 2)
check out newzbin.com

its currently accessible for previous members only. everything seems fine...
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Mrkennedy wrote: Sorted it, is the change over supposed to save your tv shows too? Everything else was saved apart from those. I needed to end process in task manager to turn SB off for it to upgrade
If you copy over your sickbeard.db it will save them.
Mrkennedy wrote: Sorry another quick question how can you get SB to see episodes named Part 1, 2 etc instead of s01e01
Can't, you have to rename them.
Phluxed wrote: I am having trouble getting SB to recognize previously downloaded episodes.

If I turn on the post process, it "checks" them off as if having them, but it deletes the files, or it fails to process.

Is there any way to get it to recognize episodes I have from previous downloads?
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/PostProcessing

To get it to recognize your episodes just put them in the show dir and click "Rescan Files" for that show. (or it does it automatically once a day)
Phluxed

Post by Phluxed »

midgetspy wrote:
Phluxed wrote: I am having trouble getting SB to recognize previously downloaded episodes.

To get it to recognize your episodes just put them in the show dir and click "Rescan Files" for that show. (or it does it automatically once a day)
The trouble with that though is that seems to delete the files instead of recreating them. It finds them, in the log it shows it renaming them, and then its not there. I lost an entire season of a show that way.
Phluxed

Post by Phluxed »

Phluxed wrote:
midgetspy wrote:

The trouble with that though is that seems to delete the files instead of recreating them. It finds them, in the log it shows it renaming them, and then its not there. I lost an entire season of a show that way.
Check that, it just seems to be putting them in the SB directory, rather than the directory I specified
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

I'm not sure if you didn't read the url, but:
Post Processing is for NEW DOWNLOADS only - do NOT post process your existing show dirs!
I don't know how to make it clearer. If you "Re-scan files" for the show in question (NOT "Scan & Process") it will not move them anywhere nor will it rename them, it will just add them as "Downloaded". If it is moving stuff to your Sick Beard root dir probably you didn't put a proper folder for the show location - I should add a check for that. In the mean time, edit the show and put an actual path and it should put the episodes there.
Phluxed

Post by Phluxed »

midgetspy wrote: I'm not sure if you didn't read the url, but:
Post Processing is for NEW DOWNLOADS only - do NOT post process your existing show dirs!
I don't know how to make it clearer. If you "Re-scan files" for the show in question (NOT "Scan & Process") it will not move them anywhere nor will it rename them, it will just add them as "Downloaded". If it is moving stuff to your Sick Beard root dir probably you didn't put a proper folder for the show location - I should add a check for that. In the mean time, edit the show and put an actual path and it should put the episodes there.
I did read the post, and I understand it now - it was that I didn't know you had to change the directory for each show, as I set a different drive path and directory in the settings for the software, rather than the show.

Changing the path worked.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Glad you got it working - sorry for being short, it's been a long day :0)
sbuser

Show info without Episode Info?

Post by sbuser »

Hello - I don't see a way to automatically grab show info without grabbing episode info - is there a way?

Even better would be a way to specify locations for this metadata that are not the same as the media locations.

It might look good with xmbc or whatever else people are using but with my networked bluray player all of the meta data files show up in the list of episodes and it is very confusing for my parents and other non-technical people. I like having the show images in SickBeard itself but I have to go through and manually delete all of the meta data files for the individual episodes everytime a new one is downloaded :(

Anyway, I love the software - I was using EpisodeButler before and didn't realize a much better option existed before newzbin forced me to look around - glad I found this.