Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
rascalli

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by rascalli »

Yw .. hope it all works for you ..

SABNZBD+  & Sickbeard & Couchpotato is the way to go for us lazy people    ;-)
sacretagent

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by sacretagent »

For the moment not complaining :)
renaming a bunch of shows now and when that is finished then i am going to try the backlog again :P

the specials not so easy to get those sorted out though ...

going to have to spend sometime figuring those out with the scene renaming all these things :P

anyway you will hear it when the backlog screws up things ;)
rig1:
w7 64 ult
I5-760 - 8gb hypX kings DDR3- Asus p7p55d
6 x 1 Tb wd gr EARS raid 5
2 x 640GB Sata3 raid1 Os
adaptec 2 * 500gb raid0 SAB

Rig2
W7 64 ult
core 2 duo - P5q-em - 4 gb corsair ddr2
6 x 1TB wd EADS raid5
adaptec 2* 500 gb samsung raid 1 OS

Rig3
unraid 10tb
p5b-plus
munchit

Post by munchit »

Thanks rascali - i've found a great little renaming tool that is web based... however bizarrely most of the episodes have now appeared in Plex, some still had to be renamed but that was straightforward - quite weird!

As for the AutoProcessTV - i'll have a look at that later, i'm sure it's straightforward - I never had to use it before as i used MetaBrowser under Windows 7...

Thanks for your continued help!

Munchit
blade-runner

Post by blade-runner »

@midgetspy (or any1 else)

I would like to have the option to select skip words.

For example, i have a subtitle script that checks what i download and finds correct subs for it.
But in sickbeard i have marked to download HD, no problem so far.

But now for example Glee is published on Bluray but nobody made subs for it, and my script would fail, so i want to skip bluray releases but can't find that option

Also checked custom section but no luck.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

@blade-runner , please post this at : ISSUES
So midget spy can have a look at it

Also , I would be interested in your subtitle script  ;-) .. so if you would like to share it .. that would be great
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Just to remind all that do not read the first post ....

SICKBEARD now has it's own website , with active forum.
Click on the logo for the website

adaemox
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by adaemox »

I've updated my Sick Beard guide for anyone that's interested. I've also updated the start/stop/update script since some apparent changes at github broke it. The guide has been updated for the latest master build of Sick Beard and the script has had all its annoyances nerfed.

Guide & Script: http://www.ainer.org/?p=747

Script: http://ainer.org/scripts/sickbeard.txt

Enjoy and take care,
daemox

(If you have questions leave a comment on my site. I only check in here once a month or so.)
Adaemox

SABnzbd+, Episode Butler, VDPAU, and Sick Beard Tutorials @ http://www.ainer.org

Ubuntu and Firefox Information at http://www.ainer.org
scope

Post by scope »

I have been running SB fine for a few months now, always gets me what I want. :)  However I have noticed that on 2 occations in the last 2 weeks I have had the same episode download twice (both new seasons for the 2 shows in question), 5 minutes within eachother..  What could be the cause of this?  I'll prove log file if required.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

@Scope , see the Sickbeard forum POST

THis seems to be a bug .. no solution yet
scope

Post by scope »

rascalli wrote: @Scope , see the Sickbeard forum POST

THis seems to be a bug .. no solution yet
Ah, yes same problem.. Thanks.
DejaVu

Post by DejaVu »

Been toying with Newznab, but I cant seem to understand how to put it into Sickbeard as a Provider.

I've given the Provider a name, the server is http://localhost and I've entered the API Key as well. But I get the error ->
010-09-29 00:07:13.568709 BACKLOG :: Error loading Newznab URL: (, IOError('socket error', gaierror(-2, 'Name or service not known')), ) - [Errno socket error] [Errno -2] Name or service not known

Any suggestions?
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

DejaVu wrote: I've given the Provider a name, the server is http://localhost and I've entered the API Key as well. But I get the error ->
I have it set-up like this :

Name : TEST NAME
Server : http://ipnumber/newznabfolder

And for me it works, maybe try that ?
JoeSmith

Post by JoeSmith »

while looking at the source i saw that you have a variable and some hardcoded strings for the language. It would be great if that could be configured by the .ini file.
I changed all occurences of language="en" to "de" and i got all my series with german titles.
That way i hope i can run two instances of sickbeard on different ports to get both german and english series.
There might be some other people who would like that feature and (for me) it seems like it could be done in a few minutes for a guy who knows what he is doing (not me).
I'll be using rss feeds (as otherwise i'll run into trouble getting german episodes cause the nzb sites will provide the english ones) but i can finally have sickbeards fine overview of my series
csop19

Post by csop19 »

This is a cool software :)

However, I'm running into some issues.

I use sickbeard's post processing scripts, the one you can enable in the config. When an episode was downloaded, it copies the file and puts it into the desired directory and renames it accordingly. So far so good.
However, I'd like it to _move_ the file. Also, it does not seem to recognise whether a file has already been post processed. Ergo it copies the file over and over, constantly writing to disk which sucks until I delete the file in the downloaded folder by myself. SAB and SickBeard are running on the same PC.
JoeSmith

Post by JoeSmith »

one thing i forgot :
in the "Home"-Tab where all the shows are list and you can see the % of downloads you have got there is one thing that i don't like.
If an episode is listed in the future sickbeard filters it from the % of downloaded episodes so you get a full bar if you have all episodes - thats great.
If for some reason the episode airdate is never than sickbeard adds it to the missing episodes. So for all series that contain an episode (that is in the future and are "never") sickbeards lists a missing episode.
Could that be fixed or is it the way it's meant to be ?

Thanks

Joe