Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Beave
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by Beave »

I have a pretty small suggestion for the postprocessing:

Could you copy the possible subtitle files to the final folder and also rename them as the episode, please?
I did just that with my own renameAndCopy script, but I relied on the naming of newzbin.

So, if the script would find files named like the episode with the extention
.srt
.idx
.sub
it would rename and copy those files as well (leaving the extention intact of course).

Right now the folder containing the subtitle files is just deleted, when I uncheck "Keep Folder".
Beave
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by Beave »

Oh and for the ones asking what sickbeard can do for you...

Compaired to the rss feature in sabnzbd it
- only checks for new episodes when it's time
- does not get unnecessary double episodes, but gets needed propers
- renames and copies the eps consistantly
- checks multiple sites
- provides a web based overview on your downloaded shows

There is probably more I can't think about...
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

I'll read back and answer questions when I have some time but I just wanted to say that if you upgrade to rev 449 you will need to delete your cache.db.
ICDeadPpl
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ICDeadPpl »

midgetspy wrote: I'll read back and answer questions when I have some time but I just wanted to say that if you upgrade to rev 449 you will need to delete your cache.db.
Where can I see the revision number of Sick Beard?
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

ICDeadPpl wrote:
midgetspy wrote: I'll read back and answer questions when I have some time but I just wanted to say that if you upgrade to rev 449 you will need to delete your cache.db.
Where can I see the revision number of Sick Beard?
If you dl the windows build it's at the top of the UI, if you run from source you can't check - if you've updated in the last few days just delete your cache.
mra6368

Post by mra6368 »

I have no idea at all how to run this on MAC OS 10.6. Can someone make a HOWTO for MAC?
Fevida

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by Fevida »

I run Sickbeard for some days now, and I love it!!! I already made a donation to show my appreciation for this great piece of work. I have used a lot of other solutions to download TV-shows automaticly, but never seen anything as advanced and well made as sickbeard!

But now I ran into a problem. When I try to add a new show I get a tvdb error:

Code: Select all

TVDB error, unable to search for show title/info: Could not connect to server http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=er&language=en: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'cache/tvdb/www.thetvdb.com,api,GetSeries.php,seriesname=er&language=en,0ed0b3c69a63aa3782e1ff86eaf694ea'
I'm not sure if I'm the only one. I'm running sickbeard alpha 1 using the python-source on a FreeBSD 8 machine. I encountered the error for the first time yesterday.
Last edited by Fevida on May 4th, 2010, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
echofx

Post by echofx »

Sick Beard truly is fantastic.

I've come across one oddity, though. I'm using the Rapier theme with XBMC. If I have it scan a TV directory that does not have an NFO file, it goes out and fetches the thumbnails itself. The show 'banner' icon that Rapier uses seems to be a long narrow banner (sort of a 5 or 6 to 1 type aspect ratio).

When Sick Beard fetches that banner, it pulls a more 4:3 aspect ratio image, so when I am browsing in XBMC, that image is squished. Is there any way to customize Sick Beard to tell it to look for a different aspect ratio image?
analyze

Post by analyze »

Best sabnzbd add-on out there. The missing link between xbmc and sabnzbs. Donated as well to show my appreciation. Support for air-by-date shows would be the last  wish I have to be completely happy.

Thanks for this amazing project.
Cuchulainn
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Cuchulainn »

I am trying to run sickbeard on my Synology DS409.  When i try to run it with 'python SickBeard.py', I get the following error message. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SickBeard.py", line 35, in
    import sickbeard
  File "/volume1/documents/SickBeard-src-alpha1/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 34, in
    from sickbeard import helpers, db, exceptions, queue, scheduler
  File "/volume1/documents/SickBeard-src-alpha1/sickbeard/queue.py", line 15, in
    from sickbeard import webserve
  File "/volume1/documents/SickBeard-src-alpha1/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 48, in
    from sickbeard import browser
  File "/volume1/documents/SickBeard-src-alpha1/sickbeard/browser.py", line 10, in
    from lib import simplejson as json
  File "/volume1/documents/SickBeard-src-alpha1/lib/simplejson/__init__.py", line 240, in
    _default_decoder = JSONDecoder(encoding=None, object_hook=None)
  File "/volume1/documents/SickBeard-src-alpha1/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 328, in __init__
    self.scan_once = make_scanner(self)
AttributeError: 'JSONDecoder' object has no attribute 'object_pairs_hook'
jestyr

Post by jestyr »

This program is epic. 

Running SABNZBD and SickBeard on my WHS server as a service and I can't be happier.
+ $10 for your and all your hard work!

Can't wait to see it mature!
yari001

Post by yari001 »

Greetings,

I am having a problem. whenever I try to snatch any episode I get the following error:

23:34:33 INFO::CP Server Thread-8 :: Sending NZB to SABnzbd
23:34:33 ERROR::CP Server Thread-8 :: Unable to connect to SAB: [Errno socket error] [Errno 61] Connection refused

I am running sab in a Mac OS X 10.6.2. The Sab Host is the localhost and the port I am using is 8080. In sickbeard under port/ip I tried putting my machine's IP (10.0.1.3:8080) and also the localhost IP (127.0.0.1:8080) to no avail. I hope any of you guys can help me.

Thanks.
jimcando

Post by jimcando »

yari001 wrote: Greetings,

I am having a problem. whenever I try to snatch any episode I get the following error:

23:34:33 INFO::CP Server Thread-8 :: Sending NZB to SABnzbd
23:34:33 ERROR::CP Server Thread-8 :: Unable to connect to SAB: [Errno socket error] [Errno 61] Connection refused

I am running sab in a Mac OS X 10.6.2. The Sab Host is the localhost and the port I am using is 8080. In sickbeard under port/ip I tried putting my machine's IP (10.0.1.3:8080) and also the localhost IP (127.0.0.1:8080) to no avail. I hope any of you guys can help me.

Thanks.
Have you tried 'localhost:8080' ? I know that's the only one that works for me
leodido

Post by leodido »

First of all, I wanted to say how awesome Sickbeard is, just installed it and it's awesome, I have just one issue.
inpheaux wrote: ============= ATTENTION =============
============= ATTENTION =============
I just cleaned up a ton of posts in this thread that were blatantly ignoring our rules.

Specifically: Don't talk about what you're downloading from Usenet.

We're aware that depending on where you are on the planet, what you're doing may not be a legal gray area, but this is a forum-wide rule we have, so please follow it.

Repeated future infractions will result in a temporary or permanent ban. You've been warned, and a warning will be appended to the OP.
Last edited by Anonymous on May 9th, 2010, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nefarious
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Nefarious »

I'm an EB user now, but I've toyed with Sick Beard. One thing I don't care for is that the app requires folders for each download to remain in place. I prefer to delete the folders once I have watched my downloads, that is how I track what new stuff is ready to watch. Seems Sick Beard is more the type of application for people that store episodes. Is there any plans to change this in the future?