Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

There's no solution yet, still trying to decide the best way to deal with it.
Homerboy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by Homerboy »

midgetspy wrote: There's no solution yet, still trying to decide the best way to deal with it.
If I may make a suggestion, why not put an override into the script that even if the file is smaller, if it contains "DVD" in the INITIAL file name, it will replace the .avi already in the folder? Same would go for .mkv for HD stuff.
tret

Post by tret »

I'm not sure if anyone posted an init.d script for linux start/stop capability but here's one I put together this afternoon.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: Sick Beard
# Short-Description: start/stop Sick Beard
### END INIT INFO

USER="user"
BEARD_DIR="/home/user/.sickbeard"
BEARD_IP="192.168.1.2:8081"
BEARD_USER="user"
BEARD_PASS="password"

case "$1" in
start)
  echo `date` "Starting Sick Beard."
  pushd $BEARD_DIR
  /usr/bin/sudo -u $USER -H python $BEARD_DIR/SickBeard.py &
;;
stop)
  echo `date` "Shutting down Sick Beard."
  /usr/bin/wget -q --delete-after --http-user=$BEARD_USER --http-password=$BEARD_PASS "http://$BEARD_IP/home/shutdown/"
;;
*)
  echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
  exit 1
esac

exit 0
Modify the variables to fit your setup, save to "/etc/init.d", make executable and then add it to the appropriate startup/shutdown runtime levels as needed.

Rob
stephenm00

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC

Post by stephenm00 »

Fixed
Last edited by stephenm00 on April 21st, 2017, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Homerboy

Post by Homerboy »

stephenm00 wrote:
Homerboy wrote:
midgetspy wrote: There's no solution yet, still trying to decide the best way to deal with it.
If I may make a suggestion, why not put an override into the script that even if the file is smaller, if it contains "DVD" in the INITIAL file name, it will replace the .avi already in the folder? Same would go for .mkv for HD stuff.
I made a google code issue so at least we will get an email when its fixed if you star it.

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issu ... ry%20Stars
Cool. Thanks. Done.
Ainer

Post by Ainer »

Here's a start, stop, and update script for Sick Beard for use on Ubuntu and other GNU/Linux distro's. This is an amalgamation of a couple other scripts (i'll add more credits later) and I have also cleaned it up a bit and made it a little more user friendly (I hope). I'll be updating my Sick Beard guide to include this, but I still need to test it on my main system (have been testing it on my testing system only so far). But I believe it should be solid.

The script needs to be expanded in the future to have a more robust installation path. Right now it assumes Sick Beard is installed in a users Home folder in the folder ".sickbeard". I am very much a newbie in scripting so some things could likely be done much better and in a much more robust way but this should work for now. Next I want to look at JFCP's SABnzbd+ script and see if I can take some fancier stuff from that one and add it in here.

I recommend saving this to /etc/init.d/sickbeard.sh (as root).

Then run the following two lines from a terminal to get it to auto execute at system start and shutdown.

sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/sickbeard.sh

sudo update-rc.d sickbeard.sh start 30 2 3 4 5 . stop 14 0 1 6 .

#! /bin/sh
### BEGIN SCRIPT INFO
# Provides: Sick Beard Start/Stop/Update
# Copied by Ainer.org from http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=2013.0
# Written by Tret on April 17, 2009
# Fix added by Tophicles on July 7, 2010 
# Modified by Ainer on various dates in 2010
### END SCRIPT INFO

#Required & Must Be Changed
USER="USER" #Set Ubuntu (or other GNU/Linux) username here.

#Required but Defaults Provided (only change if you know you need to).
HOST="127.0.0.1" #Set Sick Beard address here.
PORT="8081" #Set Sick Beard port here.
BRANCH="master" #Set Sick beard branch to download here.

#Optional (Unneeded unless you have added a Username and Password to Sick Beard).
SBUSR="" #Set Sick Beard Username (if you use one) here.
SBPWD="" #Set Sick Beard Password (if you use one) here.

#Script -- No changes needed below.
case "$1" in
start)
#Start Sick Beard.
cd /home/$USER/.sickbeard
echo "Starting Sick Beard"
sudo -u $USER -H nohup python /home/$USER/.sickbeard/SickBeard.py --quiet &
;;
stop)
#Shutdown Sick Beard.
echo "Stopping Sick Beard"
wget -q --user=$SBUSR --password=$SBPWD "http://$HOST:$PORT/home/shutdown/"
sleep 6s
;;
update)
#Start update process.
# Shutdown Sick Beard.
echo "Stopping Sick Beard"
wget -q --user=$SBUSR --password=$SBPWD "http://$HOST:$PORT/home/shutdown/"
sleep 6s

# Get source and untar it.
echo "Downloading Sick Beard"
cd /home/$USER
wget -q http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/tarball/$BRANCH
tar zxf midgetspy-Sick-Beard*
rm midgetspy-Sick-Beard*.tar.gz

# Make Backups, copy essential files, and install new version.
echo "Backing-up Sick Beard"
cp -ru .sickbeard_backup .sickbeard_backup_old
cp -ru .sickbeard .sickbeard_backup
mv .sickbeard/sickbeard.db midgetspy-Sick-Beard-*/
mv .sickbeard/config.ini midgetspy-Sick-Beard-*/
mv .sickbeard/autoProcessTV/autoProcessTV.cfg midgetspy-Sick-Beard-*/autoProcessTV/
rm -rf .sickbeard
echo "Updating Sick Beard"
mv midgetspy-Sick-Beard-* .sickbeard

# Restart Sick Beard quietly and send output To nohup.out.
echo "Restarting Sick Beard"
cd /home/$USER/.sickbeard
sudo -u $USER -H nohup python /home/$USER/.sickbeard/SickBeard.py --quiet &
;;
*)
echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|update}"
exit 1
esac

exit 0
Ainer

SABnzbd+, Sick Beard, Episode Butler, & other Usenet related guides for Ubuntu (and similar) at http://Ainer.org.

VDPAU, Commercial Gaming, & other guides, info, and news for Ubuntu (and similar) at http://Anihil.org.
NK26

Post by NK26 »

Is it possible to make sickbeard only download the HD version of something if the SD version isnt available? or if both are avail default to the sd version.
StainlessBanner

Post by StainlessBanner »

I'm failing miserably on getting Sickbeard to setup/run in OS X (10.6.4). It seems to be running in terminal but it keeps giving me an 500 Internal Service Error in Firefox. I'm a complete newbie to python so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Terminal posted:

Starting up Sick Beard alpha2 from /Users/MHK/Desktop/SickBerd/config.ini
    22:15:57 INFO::MAIN :: Checking database structure...
    22:15:57 INFO::MAIN :: Starting Sick Beard on http://localhost:8081
    22:15:57 INFO::MAIN :: Loading initial show list
    22:15:57 INFO::MAIN :: Searching DB and building list of airing episodes
    22:15:57 INFO::SEARCH :: Changing all old missing episodes to status WANTED
    22:15:57 INFO::SEARCH :: Searching DB and building list of airing episodes
    22:15:57 INFO::SEARCH :: Beginning search for new episodes on RSS
    22:15:57 INFO::SEARCH :: Searching all providers for any needed episodes
    22:15:57 INFO::SEARCH :: No needed episodes found on the RSS feeds
    22:15:57 INFO::SEARCH :: Searching DB and building list of airing episodes
    /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cheetah/Compiler.py:1509: UserWarning:
    You don't have the C version of NameMapper installed! I'm disabling Cheetah's useStackFrames option as it is painfully slow with the Python version of NameMapper. You should get a copy of Cheetah with the compiled C version of NameMapper.
    "\nYou don't have the C version of NameMapper installed! "

Firefox posted:

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/Users/MHK/Desktop/SickBerd/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
    File "/Users/MHK/Desktop/SickBerd/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
    File "/Users/MHK/Desktop/SickBerd/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
    File "/Users/MHK/Desktop/SickBerd/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 1148, in index
    return _munge(t)
    File "/Users/MHK/Desktop/SickBerd/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 119, in _munge
    return unicode(string).encode('ascii', 'xmlcharrefreplace')
    File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cheetah/Template.py", line 1010, in __unicode__
    return getattr(self, mainMethName)()
    TypeError: unbound method respond() must be called with Users_MHK_Desktop_SickBerd_data_interfaces_default_home_tmpl instance as first argument (got nothing instead)
geebee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by geebee »

Any ideas on this error please? Was working fine before a pull.

Starting up Sick Beard alpha2 from /share/HDA_DATA/Qweb/Sick-Beard/config.ini
20:30:54 INFO::MainThread :: Checking database structure...
20:30:54 ERROR::MainThread :: Fatal error executing query: file is encrypted or is not a database
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SickBeard.py", line 173, in
    main()
  File "SickBeard.py", line 116, in main
    sickbeard.initialize(consoleLogging=consoleLogging)
  File "/share/HDA_DATA/Qweb/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 392, in initialize
    db.upgradeDatabase(db.DBConnection(), mainDB.InitialSchema)
  File "/share/HDA_DATA/Qweb/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/db.py", line 108, in upgradeDatabase
  File "/share/HDA_DATA/Qweb/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/db.py", line 116, in _processUpgrade
  File "/share/HDA_DATA/Qweb/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/databases/mainDB.py", line 16, in test
    return self.hasTable("tv_shows")
  File "/share/HDA_DATA/Qweb/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/db.py", line 136, in hasTable
  File "/share/HDA_DATA/Qweb/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/db.py", line 51, in action
sqlite3.DatabaseError: file is encrypted or is not a database
mlabate

Post by mlabate »

I see these pop up in my log every now and again:

2010-06-17 01:06:01.116534 FINDPROPERS :: Exception generated in thread FINDPROPERS: There was an error with the XML retrieved from thetvdb.com: syntax error: line 1, column 49 First try emptying the cache folder at.. /share/MD0_DATA/Qweb/sickbeard-cachetvdb/tvdb If this does not resolve the issue, please try again later.

Can I delete the cache while SB is running? Or should I shut down SB and then delete the cache? Actually, should I even bother with this? SB has been downloading everything just fine.

Edit - I just shut down SB, deleted the cache and updated git. All seems to be well.
Last edited by mlabate on July 13th, 2010, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
fr0st

Post by fr0st »

can someone point me in the direction of a how to guide on downloading tv shows that air daily (talk shows). After I set them up they do not show on my "coming episodes" and the "next episode" column is blank.

I read somewhere that setting it to custom quality helps. Didn't do a thing.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Would it be an option to have the "MISSED EPS" back ?

As sometimes SB misses some shows , and i only see it because I look at the main screen & the numbers
mkopel

Post by mkopel »

rascalli wrote: Would it be an option to have the "MISSED EPS" back ?

As sometimes SB misses some shows , and i only see it because I look at the main screen & the numbers
+1 on this... I liked that list, an option would be great.
ontrose

Post by ontrose »

Hello, ok can anyone explain how i use the git version instead of the win32 build?
i have pulled the version from git but there is no exe flile to start the program? I am prolly quite stupid atm but i have no clue of what to do?

//Ontrose
Sinnocence

Post by Sinnocence »

midgetspy wrote:Newly-aired Wanted episodes will automatically get downloaded because they will be on the "new" RSS feeds for the providers. If SB isn't running when they are on the index sites' RSS feeds then they will not get searched for until the backlog runs.
SickBeard runs 24/7 here and until I updated recently (after a *long* time) it worked great. The problem I'm seeing now is that if an episode doesn't get uploaded/indexed/etc before SickBeard does its search it will not be downloaded ever unless I 'force' it manually (I can see the episode on the new RSS feed of a few sites <24 hours after SickBeard went looking).

From your post, I assume this isn't the expected behavior? Could I be missing some configuration option?

Thanks.