SABCommand iPad/iPhone App (v2.2 APPROVED)

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SABCommand iPad App (v1.4.2 APPROVED)

Post by nomar383 »

goldfinger7476 wrote:
nomar383 wrote:As promised, I have attached a few screenshots (including a retina display one).
https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/7831344 ... s?h=c16be4

Zoom in on this bad boy to get the full effect:
https://photos-2.dropbox.com/i/o/WRAZlR ... 1%20PM.png

See current progress here:
http://redmine.kalenhansen.com/projects ... /revisions

The first beta is being tested and it should be ready for showtime very soon!

2nd link is broken
It's just a direct link to the second image in the galley above. Just go to the second image and hit "full size".
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

V1.5 has been submitted to Apple for review! Should be available in less than a week.

This version should add more stability throughout the app and also includes retina graphics!
goldfinger7476

Post by goldfinger7476 »

Awesome, gonna keep an eye out
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SABCommand iPad App (v1.5 APPROVED)

Post by nomar383 »

The v1.5 Update is out!

I have also just submitted a v1.5.1 patch to Apple for review to fix an issue with adding NZBs from Safari.
goldfinger7476

Post by goldfinger7476 »

Looks great, not sure if this is the place to request this, but, pull-to-refresh for the queue would much appreciated
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

goldfinger7476 wrote:Looks great, not sure if this is the place to request this, but, pull-to-refresh for the queue would much appreciated
I guess I never saw the need since it auto-refreshes anyway. Would it really be a useful feature?
kikistan

Post by kikistan »

hello

I have a problem with the last version ....
file are empty from safari
on previous version it was working
ca you help ?
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

kikistan wrote:hello

I have a problem with the last version ....
file are empty from safari
on previous version it was working
ca you help ?
External NZB files are broken in this release. I have already sent a v1.5.1 patch to Apple that will fix this issue. It should be approved in the next few days. Sorry about that!
kikistan

Post by kikistan »

Thanks

:)
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SABCommand iPad App (v1.5.1 APPROVED)

Post by nomar383 »

Version 1.5.1 has just been approved. You should be able to send files from Safari and other external apps again.

I am working on the next version now. I know a lot of people have asked for a universal version (iPhone support), so that's what I'm working on now. :)
rosarch

Post by rosarch »

Hi nomar383 - I have been loving this app however since the last few releases I have had a few issues, , the way I use it is by browsing my favourite nzb site and clicking download the link for the nzb, this then opens SABCommand, I then select the Genre and it downs without issue, when I check the download it has a decent file name - usually no issues whatsoever, 1.5.0 you couldn't send via safari which you have fixed with 1.5.1 but I believe it still needs some work. If I use my normal process and try to down a movie / tv when it is done the filename needs to be manually changed e.g '9787-Full-#a B Moovee@Efnet- film name (2011)' I have also had a few errors I haven't seen before but that could just be me and I need to do some further testing.
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

rosarch wrote:Hi nomar383 - I have been loving this app however since the last few releases I have had a few issues, , the way I use it is by browsing my favourite nzb site and clicking download the link for the nzb, this then opens SABCommand, I then select the Genre and it downs without issue, when I check the download it has a decent file name - usually no issues whatsoever, 1.5.0 you couldn't send via safari which you have fixed with 1.5.1 but I believe it still needs some work. If I use my normal process and try to down a movie / tv when it is done the filename needs to be manually changed e.g '9787-Full-#a B Moovee@Efnet- film name (2011)' I have also had a few errors I haven't seen before but that could just be me and I need to do some further testing.
I have never figured out a good way to parse out a file name when sending by file. SABCommand just looks through the nzb file for the "subject" and attempts to draw a name from there.

If you send by link from within the app itself, then SABnzbd does the work of selecting a file name and is a lot more accurate.

In v1.5 I changed the way that files are sent and adding an nzb by file from an outside source or from the app itself will work the same. Were you getting better file names when adding from an external app previous to v1.5? If so, I can probably change some things on the next release to fix that.

EDIT: I reread what you said and I think my last paragraph explains it. I will try to fix this in the next release. What NZB indexer do you use? I may be able to explain a work around for now.
rosarch

Post by rosarch »

Thanks for the very quick reply!

I currently use nzbmatrix.
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

rosarch wrote:Thanks for the very quick reply!

I currently use nzbmatrix.
Perfect! I actually have a solution that may be better for you:

Change the "NZB Add Method" in your settings to "link". Then open NZBMatrix in the in-app browser. Just hold a download link for a few seconds and you should see the familiar dialog pop up for adding an nzb to your queue. Except it will let SABnzbd fill in a nice file name for you. This is the preferred way to use the app, but I find most people never read the documentation :)
rosarch

Post by rosarch »

Hmm - followed your instructions, went to nzbmatrix and got Sniper 2 - it downed as the following '9819-Full-#a B Moovee@Efnet- Sniper 2 (2003)'