myNZB/Remote Access Setup

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
chico_can

myNZB/Remote Access Setup

Post by chico_can »

Hi, I'm a new Sab user and I'm looking into getting remote access and/or MyNZB for iPhone set up and I just can't figure this out.
I have my computer running SabNZBD, running just great.  Can someone tell me a list of steps to get this thing working?  Is a remote access server such as DynDNS required?  I'd like to be able to access it from anywhere (i.e. over 3G, not just on the same wifi network).
For the most part it seems like this is possible and that most people are doing this .... can anyone help?  Thanks!!
chico_can

Re: myNZB/Remote Access Setup

Post by chico_can »

Any chance of getting some help for setting this up?  I'd love to be able to check my download status and add items from anywhere... I paid for the app and now i can't even get it running :-S
thanks
interfacelift

Post by interfacelift »

A DNS server like DynDNS isn't required, but it's helpful.

Here's the basics (I'm not going to hold your hand, because a lot of it is dependent on the products you own - like your router):
• Using your router's configuration page or utility, you'll need to forward the port that SABnzbd uses to your computer's internal LAN IP address (consult your router's documentation on how to do this).
• Using a dynamic DNS service like dyndns.org, create a hostname (i.e. a domain name) for yourself, linking it to your current WAN IP address (i.e. your external, internet IP address)
• Set up myNZB with your dynamic hostname, and the port you used.
chico_can

Post by chico_can »

Awesome, thanks SO much!  Got it up and running!  :) :) :) :)