SABConnect for Safari (Version 2.7)

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
sleake

Re: SABConnect for Safari (Version 2.5)

Post by sleake »

It's not on the same machine (I have a machine in the house dedicated to all things HT - Sabnzbd, Plex, etc). I thought I tried everything but this morning, it seems to work. Who knows.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to show the full green icon to show it made it through. Is that normal?
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

sleake wrote:It's not on the same machine (I have a machine in the house dedicated to all things HT - Sabnzbd, Plex, etc). I thought I tried everything but this morning, it seems to work. Who knows.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to show the full green icon to show it made it through. Is that normal?
On most sites, yes that is normal. It used to work fully on nzbmatrix (that tells you hold long ago I hacked this together originally).
sleake

Post by sleake »

I've been looking for something to tinker with (glutton for punishment) as I have gotten too far away from coding these days so I may take a stab at a few things. I can't promise anything but if I get stuff done I'll send your way so you can decide if you want to include with your stuff on Github. I just need to understand the Safari extension structure a little better.
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

sleake wrote:I've been looking for something to tinker with (glutton for punishment) as I have gotten too far away from coding these days so I may take a stab at a few things. I can't promise anything but if I get stuff done I'll send your way so you can decide if you want to include with your stuff on Github. I just need to understand the Safari extension structure a little better.
That's exactly why I open-sourced it! It is mostly copied/adapted from the sabconnect++ for chrome code, so comparing the code may lead to revelations on how to add new features to it.

This started as a quick hack and I only really work on it if one of the indexing sites breaks it somehow.
joshenders

Re: SABConnect for Safari (Version 2.4)

Post by joshenders »

Ezrem wrote:Hi,

Any chance you can just add the ability to list custom newznab providers?

Or, failing that, can you add nzbs.in?

Thanks!
I've added nzbs.in compatibility in my fork and created a pull request for the changes to nomar383. I didn't realize the project was still active and so I didn't do the best job of keeping my changes very orthogonal -- hopefully he can pull just bits he deems relevant. Thanks for porting this nomar383!

https://github.com/joshenders/SABConnect-for-Safari
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

Sweet. I'll merge it when I get back from vacation later this week!
joshenders

Post by joshenders »

nomar383 wrote:Sweet. I'll merge it when I get back from vacation later this week!
Ignore the first pull request. I've destroyed my old work, reforked and made my commits more explicit. Couldn't leave you hanging :D.

Here's a new pull request: https://github.com/Nomar383/SABConnect- ... ari/pull/9

I'll leave it to you to rebuild the binary extension with your developer credentials and rev the manifest.plist if you see fit.
Akabane

Post by Akabane »

Any news guys? That awesome little tool don't want to work anymore in nzbindex and I have no clue why (works in nMatrix, etc.)
joshenders

Post by joshenders »

Akabane wrote:Any news guys? That awesome little tool don't want to work anymore in nzbindex and I have no clue why (works in nMatrix, etc.)
It's because each site is special cased. Nzbindex must have changed their html and the javascript in the extension needs to be updated to accommodate it.
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

Sorry, my son was born a little early the week I meant to merge the changes. I'll look at it today and see if I can't fix nzbindex as well.
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

Nzbs.in compatibility has been merged in.

I tried nzbindex and it appeared to be working fine. What exactly is the issue?
joshenders

Re: SABConnect for Safari (Version 2.6)

Post by joshenders »

Glad to hear it. Congratulations on being a father!
dastinger

Post by dastinger »

Hello Nomar!

I upgraded to Yosemite a few days ago and haven't been able to use your extension with Safari 8. The SabNZB icon shows on DogNZB but, when I click it, nothing happens. It's like it's not even there. Any idea if you're able to fix it? Is it really due to Safari 8 or is it something on my part? I'd be thankful if you could take a look.

Thank you for your continued work!
joshenders

Post by joshenders »

I don't have a dognzb account to investigate but I'm also on Yosemite and I'm not having any issues with other indexers fwiw.
dastinger

Post by dastinger »

Thanks for your feedback, Josh!

Since you say it's working on other sites, I tried on NZBs and it is, indeed, working so the issue is with DogNZB. Now I wonder if the issue is with the site + Safari 8 or if it doesn't work on any version of OS X and Safari. I guess the issue is with Safari 8 since it only stopped working after I upgraded. I don't have any other machine to test it on so I guess I'll have to wait and see what Nomar or other user has to say.

Again, thanks for your reply :)