CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
phaeton

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Post by phaeton »

Ruudburger,
It is not working for me,  I use GIT pull, it updates, well i think it does anyway, and when i open CP it tells me that an update is available.
Version: 571f72b

The update available is gone now, I had to stop the python script and restart it.
Last edited by phaeton on November 5th, 2010, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gyre

Post by gyre »

Did you delete the .git directory?  I found I needed to do that before CP's own updater would work.
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

According to my logs CouchPotato does not search for trailers while processing a movie ( I'm running Windows Build R25 ). Are trailers supposed to be automatically downloaded once a movie is processed or is it only when you manually click "Download Trailers" on the Manage page?

( I tried searching the thread without any luck, so I apologize if this has been discussed before. And while I'm at it, RuudBurger, thanks for adding support to copy .idx files. I look forward to a new build to take advantage of it. )
gyre

Post by gyre »

renaming isn't happening on the latest CP for me.  no error messages in the log about why.  is there a way of debugging it?

Thanks.

-- gyre --
munchit

Post by munchit »

Hi, I can't seem to see a clear answer, so apologies if it has been answered... i too am getting permanent 'Update Available' bars showing and appear to be running version" fatal.

I can't see a directory called .git in my application folder so am a little confused.... CP seems to be running ok though!

Cheers
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

try a clean install.
Copy data.db, config.ini and the cache folder and move them over to the new install.
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
munchit

Post by munchit »

RuudBurger wrote: try a clean install.
Copy data.db, config.ini and the cache folder and move them over to the new install.
K, will give it a go - thanks!

Now to try and remember that git stuff  ???
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

The "git updater" probably screwed up some files..I removed that part, so it shouldn't happen anymore.
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
sluggo

Post by sluggo »

Thanks for the script!

Couchpotato, when it creates directories and renames/moves files, is doing so in a way that makes them unreadable on my Synology NAS for regular users. I have to manually go and chmod 777 each one after it's done. Is there a way to set this automatically, like you can with SABnzb itself ? It or Sickbeard don't have this issue and they all run as the same user out of the SAB startup script on my NAS.

Thanks!
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

CP tries to copy the permissions from the movie destination directory. If it fails, it should say so in the logs.
Could you PM me a part where it renames a movie?
dirRtyjoe

Post by dirRtyjoe »

Looking for some help, haven't been able to find an answer on my own.

Is it possible to add a movie to CouchPotato from the Userscript, remotely? I'd like to be able to add a movie to my home computer while out-and-about on my laptop.
5stringdeath

Post by 5stringdeath »

dirRtyjoe wrote: Looking for some help, haven't been able to find an answer on my own.

Is it possible to add a movie to CouchPotato from the Userscript, remotely? I'd like to be able to add a movie to my home computer while out-and-about on my laptop.
Via browser @ IMDB using Greasemonkey on Firefox, or Chrome's extension. Works great!
dirRtyjoe

Post by dirRtyjoe »

5stringdeath wrote:
dirRtyjoe wrote: Looking for some help, haven't been able to find an answer on my own.

Via browser @ IMDB using Greasemonkey on Firefox, or Chrome's extension. Works great!
That, as far as I can tell, doesn't allow me to do it remotely from another computer... I'm using chrome, is there a setting I need to adjust?
5stringdeath

Post by 5stringdeath »

dirRtyjoe wrote:
5stringdeath wrote:

That, as far as I can tell, doesn't allow me to do it remotely from another computer... I'm using chrome, is there a setting I need to adjust?
Sure it does  ... you log into you CP and do it ... I send stuff to my Wanted list from work to my CP install at home all the time.

So from chrome, hit the IP:port of your CP install ..... if you haven't installed the Chrome extension in your browser, do so.  Then just go to IMDB, find a movie, see popup in lower right corner of browser, and it will send it to your CP box's Wanted list.

Your firewall settings may vary  ;)
Last edited by 5stringdeath on November 9th, 2010, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirRtyjoe

Post by dirRtyjoe »

Aha! I had installed the Userscript while testing CP locally so I just had to reinstall from my home computer install and it works great!!  Thanks, totally missed it.