CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
rascalli

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Post by rascalli »

what quality settings have you set ?
Did you try another provider then nzbmatrix ?

and it says nothing after this line about this movie ?
Last edited by rascalli on February 12th, 2011, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirPsycho8

Post by SirPsycho8 »

What is weird is that overnight CouchPotato decided to finish the process and downloaded two movies that were "Wanted". 

Could there be that there was an issue with NZBMatrix? 

I tried many setting variations, but basically sticking with settings for 720p or 1080p. 

The log I posted was all that could be found in the log at the time.  Every time that it would fail I would clear that log to get a good idea of what was happening when I tried again.  The log I posted was after refreshing the log for several minutes.

This is really cool software!!  Hopefully, from the downloads that happened over night, this is working for me now.  I love it!!

Thanks!
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

nzbmatrix does have problems regally
Chrisc99

Post by Chrisc99 »

Also have the problem of "Error 500 Internal Server Error, Something unexpected has happened"

1. gone back as far as r26
2. killed all processes each time
3. neither 26,27,28 or 29 work
4. changed directory after each reboot

running vista business

any suggestions?
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Did you also clear your browser cache ??
Chrisc99

Post by Chrisc99 »

thanks for the suggestion.

cleared the cache on both IE and Chrome

Used safari and firefox to look at same address (not used them before for this), also nada

used IE and Chrome on seperate computers on the network also to look at the address, still same error.

anything else anyone can suggest?
random

Post by random »

Anyone have any luck getting the renamer to do anything besides use the name of the download folder as the name of the movie?

Example: I have a file named Rambo.avi in the download folder, which is 'Movies'. When it tries to figure out what Rambo.avi is, it uses the name 'Movies' instead of the actual filename it is trying to identify.

It doesn't seem to matter where it is stored or what the folder name is. It uses the last folder in the downloaded folder path.
d575kkl

Post by d575kkl »

Hi,

First - I absolutely love this service!  Nothing like it on earth!

Applause over with...here is my question:

I really am struggling to set up the quality settings correctly.  Ultimately what I want is to add a film to the list then when any of the better qualities become available - e.g. dvd rip or better, it will download them regardless of which one they are.  Of course, I also want new films to come through at screener stage - and don't want to wait for these!

I have set up my own quality settings stating not to wait for any days.

Unfortunately when I add back cat items to the list they don't seem to instantly start downlaoding - even though they are definately available in one of these file types.

I cannot understand what is preventing this from happening.

Any ideas?

Perhaps I am missing a fundamental point!

Thanks,

Aaron
Brainfrz

Post by Brainfrz »

I've been trying to add my newzbin account (got premium) to couchpotato, it finds results, tries to add it to SAB but that's where it fails.

Sab doesn't pick up the nzb and give the following error:

"Fout bij ophalen van rapport 5940218 van www.newzbin.com - Zorg dat je gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord goed ingevuld zijn" (sorry for the dutch error).

The username and password are indeed not send through to newzbin, for example this is send to SAB:

http://localhost:9200/sabnzbd/api?ma_pa ... ostid/nzb/
&cat=couchpotato&mode=addid&ma_username=$mysabusername

It looks like the username and passwordfields on the settings page are not used at all. Even with both fields empty the result is exactly the same.

The link https://www.newzbin.com/browse/post/$postid/nzb/ does work when i'm allready logged in though. The problem is that works only for a browser or something that stores a cookie.

Is there any workaround for this? I'd really like to use newzbin because it finds lots of posts Newznab and NZBMatrix don't.
Last edited by Brainfrz on February 15th, 2011, 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonny5uk

Post by jonny5uk »

How do I get the "Soon" page to list up coming releases?

I have r29 installed on Win7 x64 and the page is always blank, even with refresh
Brainfrz

Post by Brainfrz »

jonny5uk wrote: How do I get the "Soon" page to list up coming releases?

I have r29 installed on Win7 x64 and the page is always blank, even with refresh
Are you sure the movies you added do have an ETA? You can check that on videoeta.com (that's where CP gets its release dates).

Of the 36 items i got in my list, only 6 show up on "soon"
jonny5uk

Post by jonny5uk »

Oh I see.

I think I misunderstood the feature.

I thought it was a list of coming releases from which I could add movies to my wanted list in a PVR kinda way.

Instead what it actually does is its tells you when films you are waiting for (manually added to the wanted list) are released?

Another question,

In windows 7, how do I make couchpotato launch on startup?

Because it needs to be run as administrator, it wont launch from the start up folder
Brainfrz

Post by Brainfrz »

jonny5uk wrote: Oh I see.

I think I misunderstood the feature.

I thought it was a list of coming releases from which I could add movies to my wanted list in a PVR kinda way.

Instead what it actually does is its tells you when films you are waiting for (manually added to the wanted list) are released?

Another question,

In windows 7, how do I make couchpotato launch on startup?

Because it needs to be run as administrator, it wont launch from the start up folder
It is indeed the release date for movies your waiting for. Though your spin on it would make a nice feature :P

I dont run CP on windows 7, but i think you can add the shortcut to your startup folder. When you right-click on the shortcut to go to properties, there should be an option to "run as administrator". I guess it will bring the annoying UAC dialog on every startup though.
jonny5uk

Post by jonny5uk »

That is what I have done, but it still doesnt launch, probably because there is no way to accept the UAC prompt when you are not logged on or something.

I have to manually start it every time.

Sickbeard and Sabnzb work fine and dont need to run as admin either
Jarcol

Post by Jarcol »

I'm using the Windows version of CouchPotato and can't find the answers for two questions.

1. CouchPotato renaming NZB-files.
Is it possible for CouchPotato to rename the NZB-files which are imported to SABnzbd from nzb.su? I've check it on settings - Renaming, and filled it in like this, but the downloaded movies are still in this format: 127.Hours.2010.BDRip.XviD-Larceny.
Enable: (checked on)
Folder naming: ()
File naming: ().

2. CouchPotato as Windows Service
Is it possible for CouchPotato to start silently (without start the internet explorer)
For SickBeard it is possible to start it on Windows startup as service? I've tried this in the same way for CouchPotato as well, but then the service automatically stops immediately.
Last edited by Jarcol on February 16th, 2011, 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.