CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
lightsout

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Post by lightsout »

Great app one question.  I have a drive for kids movies and one for normal movies.  Is there a way to select 2 directories?  The way it is they all have to go into one directory and then i have to move the cartoons manually.

I would like to tell it where to put it.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Ruede wrote: another thing would be great. a switch when using "update subtitles" where it looks through my movie folders to add subtitles for the other movies i already have :)
It already does this for the movies in the Movie Destination folder

I don't want to sound rude .. but you really need to study the app a bit more !
As you have a lot of requests that are already there
Ruede

Post by Ruede »

rascalli wrote:
Ruede wrote: another thing would be great. a switch when using "update subtitles" where it looks through my movie folders to add subtitles for the other movies i already have :)
It already does this for the movies in the Movie Destination folder

I don't want to sound rude .. but you really need to study the app a bit more !
As you have a lot of requests that are already there
well it doesnt download the subs :(
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

And you are 100% sure there are subs available for that release you have ??
Valdysses

Post by Valdysses »

CP downloads subs for my films, no problem.  It doesn't get them for every film, but it finds a match for around 20-30%, which is great for me.
Jarcol

Post by Jarcol »

rascalli wrote:
Jarcol wrote: I'm using the Windows version of CouchPotato and can't find the answers for two questions.

1. CouchPotato renaming NZB-files.
Is it possible for CouchPotato to rename the NZB-files which are imported to SABnzbd from nzb.su? I've check it on settings - Renaming, and filled it in like this, but the downloaded movies are still in this format: 127.Hours.2010.BDRip.XviD-Larceny.
Enable: (checked on)
Folder naming: ()
File naming: ().
That is possible when you download it to the folder that CP is watching for new movies.
Make sure there is an nfo with imdb url in the folder, to do a better naming
Jarcol wrote:
rascalli wrote: no that is the folder called : Download folder
No, that folder is called Movie destination... it is not the same as the download folder.

Could please tell me which setting you mean? Since it isn't working here....
@rascalli; could you help me out a little, please?
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

With what exactly do you need help ?

What have you done now ? what are the settings in CP & sabnzbd+
lightsout

Post by lightsout »

lightsout wrote: Great app one question.  I have a drive for kids movies and one for normal movies.  Is there a way to select 2 directories?  The way it is they all have to go into one directory and then i have to move the cartoons manually.

I would like to tell it where to put it.
Anyone know of a way to do this?
d575kkl

Post by d575kkl »

Maybe you need to be a bit more clear.

You need to use custom quality, best quality on top & then down to the worst
And you tell it at what quality you think it should not download a better one.
It's all very simple.

Then when you add a movie , you select the custom quality and it will be added with that to the list

----
What do you mean with back cat items ?

And what is your log saying when you add this

I shall try and be a little clearer...sorry!

By back cat I mean back catalogue films - e.g. films already out...with these I would expect to add these to the list and then the next time it updates it just gets them - is this accurate?

I have completed the settings as you suggested, then I tried adding toy story 2 and got the following log...it then didnt download - not even after I forced a reset - it just sits in my wanted list!!

URLError:
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1105, in do_open
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1130, in http_open
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 361, in _call_chain
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 401, in _open
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 383, in open
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 124, in urlopen
    data = urllib2.urlopen(url, timeout = self.timeout)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/lib/provider/movie/sources/theMovieDb.py", line 128, in getXML
    xml = self.theMovieDb.getXML(theMovieDbId)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/lib/provider/movie/search.py", line 97, in cacheExtra
    self.cacheExtra(theMovieDbId, overwrite)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/lib/provider/movie/search.py", line 130, in getExtraInfo
    self.searchers.get('movie').getExtraInfo(new.id, overwrite = True)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/controllers/movie.py", line 200, in _addMovie
    self._addMovie(result, quality)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/controllers/movie.py", line 124, in search
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
    env.update(self.next_handler())
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/config/render.py", line 13, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
16:37:42 ERROR [17/Feb/2011:16:37:42] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
  ACCEPT-ENCODING: gzip, deflate
  REFERER: http://localhost:5000/log/
  Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=utf-8
  ACCEPT-LANGUAGE: en-us
  X-REQUESTED-WITH: XMLHttpRequest
  USER-AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.3 Safari/531.9
  ACCEPT: text/javascript, text/html, application/xml, text/xml, */*
  Remote-Addr: 127.0.0.1
  CONNECTION: keep-alive
  ORIGIN: http://localhost:5000
  HOST: localhost:5000
  COOKIE: showDetails=true; jqCookieJar_tablesorter=%7B%22showListTable%22%3A%5B%5B0%2C0%5D%5D%7D; session_id=f926c920ff2c95eb0590d9dc24b553b2b43d4bea
  Content-Length: 50
Request Headers:
16:37:42 INFO  [17/Feb/2011:16:37:42] HTTP
16:37:32 INFO  [    app.controllers.movie] Adding movie to database: Toy Story 2
16:37:22 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: [{'year': '1995', 'imdb': 'tt0114709', 'id': 862, 'name': u'Toy Story'}, {'year': '1995', 'imdb': 'tt0114709', 'id': 862, 'name': u'Toy Story 1'}, {'year': '2010', 'imdb': 'tt0435761', 'id': 10193, 'name': u'Toy Story 3'}, {'year': '2010', 'imdb': 'tt0435761', 'id': 10193, 'name': u'Toy Story 3 - La grande fuga '}, {'year': '1999', 'imdb': 'tt0120363', 'id': 863, 'name': u'Toy Story 2'}, {'year': '1999', 'imdb': 'tt0120363', 'id': 863, 'name': u'Toy Story 2 - Woody e Buzz alla Riscossa'}]
16:37:19 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Searching: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.sea ... /toy+story

URLError:
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1105, in do_open
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1130, in http_open
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 361, in _call_chain
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 401, in _open
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 383, in open
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 124, in urlopen
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/lib/provider/movie/sources/theMovieDb.py", line 37, in find
    result = source.find(q, limit = limit, alternative = alternative)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/lib/provider/movie/search.py", line 40, in find
    results = self.searchers.get('movie').find(moviename)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/controllers/movie.py", line 127, in search
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/config/render.py", line 13, in __call__
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
16:37:17 ERROR [17/Feb/2011:16:37:17] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
  USER-AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.3 Safari/531.9
  ACCEPT: text/html, application/xml, text/xml, */*
  COOKIE: showDetails=true; jqCookieJar_tablesorter=%7B%22showListTable%22%3A%5B%5B0%2C0%5D%5D%7D; session_id=f926c920ff2c95eb0590d9dc24b553b2b43d4bea
  Content-Length: 43
Request Headers:
16:37:17 INFO  [17/Feb/2011:16:37:17] HTTP
16:37:07 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Searching: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.sea ... /toy+story

thanks for all your help - I so want this to work - esp as it is not integrated into PLEX!!
Valdysses

Post by Valdysses »

Just got my third CP installation up and running last night -- first time I've used the windows installer (previous two installs were OS X and ubuntu).  It worked perfectly right out of the box.  Thanks again for making such an excellent program, guys.  I hope my donation helps inspire you to continue to be awesome.
Jarcol

Post by Jarcol »

rascalli wrote: With what exactly do you need help ?

What have you done now ? what are the settings in CP & sabnzbd+
Couchpotato is not renaming my directory nor my files. I'd prefer that the nzb-files which go to sabnzbd are based on the name of the movie (like Moviename - (year).nzb), but if that isn't possible, which settings are needed for renaming the movie directory and files correctly?

How can I do this? Settings are already posted before..
simonk83

Post by simonk83 »

Couple of quick requests if you don't mind :)

I really want to be able to edit the code so that CP renames the movie file, but doesn't rename the folder.  Could someone let me know which file (or files) handles this and I'll try and get it working (I do have an open issue on git for this, but once I get this working I'll be able to just set and forget, rather than having to go and rename the folder every time a movie is downloaded).

The other question is, could one of the devs please list all the current options that are able to be used for file/folder renaming?  As far as I can tell this hasn't been listed anywhere:

eg:

I know the above are listed on the actual config page, so I thought that was it.  But then it turns out that you can also use to not rename the file at all.  I'm just wondering what other options there are that I don't know about.

Ta ;)
Valdysses

Post by Valdysses »

Jarcol wrote: Couchpotato is not renaming my directory nor my files. I'd prefer that the nzb-files which go to sabnzbd are based on the name of the movie (like Moviename - (year).nzb), but if that isn't possible, which settings are needed for renaming the movie directory and files correctly?

How can I do this? Settings are already posted before..
Jarcol,

Ideally, you want SAB to download your films and stick them in a temporary directory.  This can anywhere you want, but it's not where you want to store your movies long term.  Let's call that folder "Download"

Set the location of this "Download" folder in CP.  CP will periodically scan the "Download" folder, rename what files it finds there, move them where they belong (your "Movie Destination" folder), and delete the old files in "Download".

Let's say you download "The Green Hornet (2011)".

Initially, the path is something like this:    

C:\Users\Jarcol\Download\The.Green.Hornet.2011.TS.-KiNGDOM\The.Green.Hornet.2011.TS.-KiNGDOM.avi

You have set CP to scan your downloads folder at "C:\Users\Jarcol\Download", and when it does (which might be in a few minutes) it will find the film.  Presuming there's an .nfo with the movie, or the name is reasonably clear, CP will determine that "The.Green.Hornet.2011.TS.-KiNGDOM" is actually "Green Hornet, The (2011)" and will rename both the folder and the .avi file.

After renaming everything, CP will move it to your "Movie Destination" folder.  Maybe that looks like this:  

C:\Users\Jarcol\Movies\Green Hornet, The (2011)

and it will delete the folder, .avi file, and anything else you want from "Downloads".

That's the process in a nutshell.  Does it clear anything up?
Ruede

Post by Ruede »

simonk83 wrote: eg:

i think there should be an option be added
this way i can see what languages are available...
d575kkl

Post by d575kkl »

Maybe you need to be a bit more clear.

You need to use custom quality, best quality on top & then down to the worst
And you tell it at what quality you think it should not download a better one.
It's all very simple.

Then when you add a movie , you select the custom quality and it will be added with that to the list

----
What do you mean with back cat items ?

And what is your log saying when you add this

I shall try and be a little clearer...sorry!

By back cat I mean back catalogue films - e.g. films already out...with these I would expect to add these to the list and then the next time it updates it just gets them - is this accurate?

I have completed the settings as you suggested, then I tried adding toy story 2 and got the following log...it then didnt download - not even after I forced a reset - it just sits in my wanted list!!

URLError:
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/lib/provider/movie/sources/theMovieDb.py", line 128, in getXML
    xml = self.theMovieDb.getXML(theMovieDbId)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/lib/provider/movie/search.py", line 97, in cacheExtra
    self.cacheExtra(theMovieDbId, overwrite)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/lib/provider/movie/search.py", line 130, in getExtraInfo
    self.searchers.get('movie').getExtraInfo(new.id, overwrite = True)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/controllers/movie.py", line 200, in _addMovie
    self._addMovie(result, quality)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/controllers/movie.py", line 124, in search
16:37:42 ERROR [17/Feb/2011:16:37:42] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
  ACCEPT: text/javascript, text/html, application/xml, text/xml, */*
  Content-Length: 50
Request Headers:
16:37:42 INFO  [17/Feb/2011:16:37:42] HTTP
16:37:32 INFO  [    app.controllers.movie] Adding movie to database: Toy Story 2
16:37:22 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: [{'year': '1995', 'imdb': 'tt0114709', 'id': 862, 'name': u'Toy Story'}, {'year': '1995', 'imdb': 'tt0114709', 'id': 862, 'name': u'Toy Story 1'}, {'year': '2010', 'imdb': 'tt0435761', 'id': 10193, 'name': u'Toy Story 3'}, {'year': '2010', 'imdb': 'tt0435761', 'id': 10193, 'name': u'Toy Story 3 - La grande fuga '}, {'year': '1999', 'imdb': 'tt0120363', 'id': 863, 'name': u'Toy Story 2'}, {'year': '1999', 'imdb': 'tt0120363', 'id': 863, 'name': u'Toy Story 2 - Woody e Buzz alla Riscossa'}]
16:37:19 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Searching: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.sea ... /toy+story

URLError:
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/lib/provider/movie/sources/theMovieDb.py", line 37, in find
    result = source.find(q, limit = limit, alternative = alternative)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/lib/provider/movie/search.py", line 40, in find
    results = self.searchers.get('movie').find(moviename)
  File "/Users/aaroncook/Documents/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-c41e6d1/app/controllers/movie.py", line 127, in search
16:37:17 ERROR [17/Feb/2011:16:37:17] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
  ACCEPT: text/html, application/xml, text/xml, */*
  Content-Length: 43
Request Headers:
16:37:17 INFO  [17/Feb/2011:16:37:17] HTTP
16:37:07 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Searching: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.sea ... /toy+story

thanks for all your help - I so want this to work - esp as it is not integrated into PLEX!!