CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
JoeyJoeJo

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Post by JoeyJoeJo »

Being loving for months but since r29, not getting anything moved, anyone else seeing this before I log a github issue?

Logs show something amiss but not smart enough to know what!!

Code: Select all

KeyError: 'path'
    path = file['path'].split(os.sep)
  File "C:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/1/_MEI73122\app\lib\cron\renamer.py", line 317, in renameFiles
    finalDestination = self.renameFiles(movie)
  File "C:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/1/_MEI73122\app\lib\cron\renamer.py", line 90, in doRename
    self.doRename()
  File "C:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/1/_MEI73122\app\lib\cron\renamer.py", line 45, in run
20:16:43 ERROR [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Traceback (most recent call last):
20:16:43 ERROR [     app.lib.cron.renamer] !!Uncought exception in renamer thread.
Any clues??
metalmini

Post by metalmini »

I dont understand why all the indexers are asking for money... And why do you add indexers that ask for money in this amazing app?

So this might be redundant for me to say but how do i add for example, http://www.nzbindex.nl/ to the mix? This is a great source for nzb files.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Since when does nzb.su ask for money ?

Unfortunately you can only use the providers that are given.
Or you can start your own newznab provider & use that one
metalmini

Post by metalmini »

I have nzb.su as a provider, but i want to increase the chances of finding stuff :-).
The more the better right? Any other tips regarding more providers (that are free)?
BlackBurn

Post by BlackBurn »

metalmini wrote: I have nzb.su as a provider, but i want to increase the chances of finding stuff :-).
The more the better right? Any other tips regarding more providers (that are free)?
Well it is open source, so you can add your own providers and even submit your code to Git :)

The reason why indexers ask for money, is because there is a lot of traffic generated on these servers, so the costs to keep these servers online is significant. I think they have every right to ask money for this and it is your own choice if you find such a service good/important enough to pay for.

It is definitely not the fault of the programmer to add these.
metalmini

Post by metalmini »

I never said it was anybodys fault. Im just asking... Maybe somebody did this allready.

So in this case im going to dive into the sourcecode and see if i can help out :-)
mizled

Post by mizled »

JoeyJoeJo wrote: Being loving for months but since r29, not getting anything moved, anyone else seeing this before I log a github issue?

File "C:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/1/_MEI73122\app\lib\cron\renamer.py", line 317, in renameFiles
  File "C:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/1/_MEI73122\app\lib\cron\renamer.py", line 90, in doRename
    self.doRename()
  File "C:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/1/_MEI73122\app\lib\cron\renamer.py", line 45, in run
20:16:43 ERROR [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Traceback (most recent call last):
20:16:43 ERROR [     app.lib.cron.renamer] !!Uncought exception in renamer thread.
Any clues??
It wasn't working for me either. I had to downgrade to a different version. See this post on the XBMC forums: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=72 ... count=1479
lightsout

Post by lightsout »

Renaming has stopped working for me also.  I'm on windows.  Tries to roll back to r28.  Even tried to start over with it but I kept getting a 500 internal server error.

mizled wrote:
JoeyJoeJo wrote: Being loving for months but since r29, not getting anything moved, anyone else seeing this before I log a github issue?

self.doRename()
20:16:43 ERROR [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Traceback (most recent call last):
20:16:43 ERROR [     app.lib.cron.renamer] !!Uncought exception in renamer thread.
Any clues??
It wasn't working for me either. I had to downgrade to a different version. See this post on the XBMC forums: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=72 ... count=1479
Vanillaxa

Post by Vanillaxa »

Thank you very much! I'll give it a try.
vince805

Post by vince805 »

Just got Couchpotato running, and it is awesome! I have just one question, is there a script I can assign to my Movies group in sabnzbd to automatically let couch potato know that the "movie downloaded correctly" when the download in sabnzbd isnt marked as complete? Or is going back to couch potato and clicking the checkmark the only way to get the file renaming process completed? Thank you.

edit: nevermind, i just realized that it does do it on its own. thank you for making this wonderful program!
Last edited by vince805 on February 25th, 2011, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mtehonica
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by mtehonica »

Maybe a stupid question, but what is the proper way to shutdown CouchPotato?  I assume there are some important things it must do when shutting down but there isn't any shutdown button in CP itself.  If I just shutdown my server, is CP going to do what it needs to do?
craigdabbs

Post by craigdabbs »

HI im using nzbmatrix as my search provider, is there a limit on the amount of result it can get on a search through the rss feed?  Im doing manual searches on the website and coming up with better results.

Example:  Black Knight (2008) - 720p quality

with just nzbmatrix enable it will not find a copy to download, find all the 1080p ones but no 720p so is it limited on the numbers of results and just so happens the 1080p ones come up first.

Switching to newzbin brings lots more results in but would prefer to use nzbmatrix atm
clambert

Post by clambert »

craigdabbs wrote: HI im using nzbmatrix as my search provider, is there a limit on the amount of result it can get on a search through the rss feed?  Im doing manual searches on the website and coming up with better results.
Can we confirm that your retention is setup properly in Change Settings | NZBs / Torrents.  Obviously, you'll want that to match your usenet provider.

This might not be your issue but I happened to think it *might* be causing you problems.
vince805

Post by vince805 »

After updating a bit ago, I can no longer access the config page. I get this:

Error 500 Internal Server Error
Something unexpected has happened. 
I can go to movies/manage/logs but not config.

Is this just me?
generator

Post by generator »

I'm getting the same error when entering the config page. And the most recent version doesn't fix the renaming bug either (renaming isn't working for me at all right now).

Ironically I'm just re downloading my entire movie collection after losing them all.