CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
kcmoney13

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Post by kcmoney13 »

Clambert,

Thanks for writing back, I do have Movies as the category which is also correct is SAB when it is downloading. I guess where I am confused is. Do I need to find a way to write a script to 1) rename the file and 2) move the file to my second hard drive?

If so that would bypass all post processing from CP, which I am fine with I just want to do which is most automatic. Does anyone have a good script to help me with this. I am sure this is the same sort of setup a lot of people are running so that is why I am asking so many questions.
clambert

Post by clambert »

How long have you been trying to get this to work?  What OS and version of CP are you running it on again?  Sorry, I am on my phone  right now.

Some people have had issues in the past (including me) but either stopping or starting CP or doing a OS reboot would fix the problem.  Most of the problems I current have are with it sometimes downloading the wrong trailer.

When I get more time I will read through what you posed before. 
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

kcmoney13 wrote: 2) For the life of me I can't figure out why after completion the folder is not being moved to my attached E:\Movies folder. I have the checkbox checked under "renaming" and the movie destination set to "E:\Movies" but it will just not go. The renaming part seems to be working fine. All that is left in the folder when done is the .mkv and the .mkv sample. (which I would love to auto delete the sample as well.
@KCMoney, I think you might have missed a setting.

To have it do what you want you need to set the following :

* IN the config Under renaming set :

- Make sure you click Enable
- Set the download folder : Place where sabnzbd+ saves the MOVIE downloads
- Set the Movie destination folder : E:\Movies

Every 10 minutes , CP then scans the sabnzbd movie folder for new movies , that it renames & send to final destination.
If it does not do that , check your log
kcmoney13 wrote: 1) when file is being finished downloading does CP automatically mark the file as downloaded? Or do we have to check the green checkbox?
It does mark it as downloaded after the post-processing is done , so scanning the folder & replacing it
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Made a quick video, to show what I've been working on. Far from finished though ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1EtMpVSdmk
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

RuudBurger wrote: Made a quick video, to show what I've been working on. Far from finished though ;)
Is this on a publicly available branch yet? Looks sweet.
SABCommand for iPad Developer
SABConnect for Safari 5 Developer

Bug Tracking:
http://redmine.kalenhansen.com

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/SABCommand
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

It is in the CouchPotato repository, but there is no real back-end (searcher, downloader, renamer) yet, so pretty useless ;)
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
clambert

Post by clambert »

RuudBurger wrote: Made a quick video, to show what I've been working on. Far from finished though ;)
Lookin' Good!  I like it.  :)  Nice work.
n2k

Post by n2k »

AHHHHHHHHHH THIS JUST DELETED OVER 100GB OF MOVIES SERIES AND OTHER VIDEOS  >:( >:( >:( >:( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I was just trying out folders with the renaming function and now most of my download folder is empty.................
It deleted .mkv .mp4 .avi .wmv .mpg .iso .srt but kept .ts .hdmov .flv and all other non-movie files

Here's a tip for your next version: DO NOT process all existing stuff found in the download folder, only NEW stuff that gets downloaded (triggered) via CP

And my question:
How should I setup my folders if I have it like this:
All my sab downloads go into C:\Files\Binaries\!incomplete\
When post processed by sab they're moved to C:\Files\Binaries\
Now I want CP to grab movies from C:\Files\Binaries\ (AND MOVIES ONLY DAMNIT) and move them to C:\Files\Binaries\!Movies\

So what should my Download folder and Movie destination be for me ?
Last edited by n2k on April 11th, 2011, 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Your set-up of folders is what is causing this problem, not CP .. as that is just doing what you tell it to do.

Just make a different folder for your downloaded movies by sabnzbd (after complete) , set this in the category menu

Call it something like : C:\Files\Binaries\Movies_CP\
And let CP watch that folder & ONLY THAT FOLDER (Not the complete download folder !!)
Jim

Post by Jim »

does cp still rename and move movies you put in the cp_download folder?
i've copied a movie to that folder and it's been sitting there for 3 days now :)

i'm running the r31 windows build.
n2k

Post by n2k »

rascalli wrote: Your set-up of folders is what is causing this problem, not CP .. as that is just doing what you tell it to do.

Just make a different folder for your downloaded movies by sabnzbd (after complete) , set this in the category menu

Call it something like : C:\Files\Binaries\Movies_CP\
And let CP watch that folder & ONLY THAT FOLDER (Not the complete download folder !!)
Sure blame me :) All I'm saying this behavior isn't really logical nor user friendly.
Also no, I'm not creating a separate folder so CP can do its renaming properly (imagine every program/plugin would need this...)
I just want CP to only process its own downloads not every other sab download (again, this seems logical to me).
I guess for now I won't be using the renaming feature :<
Last edited by n2k on April 11th, 2011, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

@n2k:
Sorry for that. No it isn't user friendly (working on it ;))
To not process other stuff, you need to set up a category in your sab download, this way CP will mark movies as "movie".
jgourd

Post by jgourd »

I just installed CouchPotato for the first time. I have it linked to SabNZB and Newzbin. When I go to add a movie, the wheel turns for a while and then nothing happens. What is up?
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Bad timing ;) TheMovieDb seems to be down.
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

I tried to search but didn't find any answer, what's the easiest way to upgrade CouchPotato?