CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
rspike12

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torre

Post by rspike12 »

Hi
I don't know why CouchPotato can snatch and send nzb files correctly to Sabnzbd
Sabnzbd downloads correctly the files but then CP doesn't move the file where I want to and doesn't rename it.
Here is my settings for CP and Sabnzbd:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23761381/1.tiff
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23761381/2.tiff
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23761381/3.tiff

Where am I wrong?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

What does the <riki12> string mean?
rspike12

Post by rspike12 »

It's the name of my time capsule <riki12> TC
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

It contains actual "<" and ">" characters?
Anyway, it looks like a CP problem.
rspike12

Post by rspike12 »

yes no problem with >< with Sickbeard and Sabnzbd
do you know what kind of problem?
Robahearts

Post by Robahearts »

rspike12 wrote:Hi
I don't know why CouchPotato can snatch and send nzb files correctly to Sabnzbd
Sabnzbd downloads correctly the files but then CP doesn't move the file where I want to and doesn't rename it.
Here is my settings for CP and Sabnzbd:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23761381/1.tiff
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23761381/2.tiff
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23761381/3.tiff

Where am I wrong?

What about under the Sabnzbd Categories ? I noticed that under CouchPotato you don't have a Category selected.

On my setup for CouchPotato Category is "Movies" then under Sabnzbd the Category "Movies" the path is to the final destination. (/Volumes/appleshare/Media/Movies)
rspike12

Post by rspike12 »

What about under the Sabnzbd Categories ? I noticed that under CouchPotato you don't have a Category selected.

On my setup for CouchPotato Category is "Movies" then under Sabnzbd the Category "Movies" the path is to the final destination. (/Volumes/appleshare/Media/Movies)
You think I should write movies in the CP Category setting
and in Sabnzbd like this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23761381/movies.tiff

UPDATE:
with this configuration CP managed to download the file in the correct folder FILM HD (I think that CP didn't move the file but downloaded directly the file in my folder FILM HD)
CP create a folder and inside the folder I found all the files of the movie (.avi .nfo .srt .nzb etc...)
but I told CP to clear the files and the folder that I don't need and I told to rename the file and it's not happening
moreover the CP log file stops with NZB sent to SAB successfully.
and then no other info about moving or renaming file.

I don't understand, seems that CP can dialogue correctly with Sabnzbd but Sabnzbd cannot tell when a download is finished and so CP cannot move and rename files
lollan

Post by lollan »

rspike12 wrote:

UPDATE:
with this configuration CP managed to download the file in the correct folder FILM HD (I think that CP didn't move the file but downloaded directly the file in my folder FILM HD)
CP create a folder and inside the folder I found all the files of the movie (.avi .nfo .srt .nzb etc...)
but I told CP to clear the files and the folder that I don't need and I told to rename the file and it's not happening

I don't understand, seems that CP can dialogue correctly with Sabnzbd but Sabnzbd cannot tell when a download is finished and so CP cannot move and rename files
This sounds a lot like the problem I am encountering, which is unresolved unfortunately. What versions of SABnzbd / CouchPotato are you running?

I have been able to get most of my movies to have their post processing applied by manually moving them from the "Complete downloads directory" to the "Couchpotato temporary directory". Once moved there, Couchpotato quickly picks the movie up and renames it/moves it correctly.

http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php ... 260#p61500
RKM

Post by RKM »

I am not sure if my question falls under (a) feature request, or (b) how to do something in CouchPotato

I would like to use the IMDB advanced search feature to pull down all major US releases. I thought I could use something like the "Wishlist" section of CouchPotato. That doesn't seem to work. Here is an example of the URL I've entered:

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?langua ... te_us,desc

If this is not possible at present, does anyone have any ideas of workarounds or similar solutions, or if not, could I add this as a feature request?

Thank you in advance,
RKM
RKM

Post by RKM »

When I look in the "Wanted" list, and I see a movie that is set to download in a quality level that is different than what I'd prefer for that movie, how do I change it?

Currently, if I click the currently selected quality in the Wanted screen, it has a pop-up that shows the quality and a "Finish" column. I'm not really certain what these mean. However, I thought I might be able to change the quality here, yet I cannot seem to do that.

Is there a technique that I'm missing? Thank you in advance!
RKM

Post by RKM »

Sorry to post a third reply in a row, but the more I test CouchPotato, the more odd behaviors I run into.

For example, I have noticed that CP will log its NZBMatrix searches, which makes it easy for me to test and determine why certain movies were not downloaded. However, NZBs.org are *not* logged.

In addition, it seems that there are some errors in the way CP searches. For example, I have my desired format as DVD-Rip, which searches XVID in NZBmatrix, but searches X264 movies in NZBs.org. DVD-Rip would not be in X264.

So then I try to customize a quality level, hoping it will allow me to choose which sections it searches. Since CP has this ability to create custom quality parameters, one would assume I can fix this issue on my own. Unfortunately, it seems that the group being searched is not an option, therefore, the "custom" quality feature really doesn't allow us to define a custom quality parameter that is truly usable.
newuser2012

Post by newuser2012 »

How do I make this scan my existing movie library?
watched folder is something else?
RKM

Post by RKM »

Newuser - I realized after posting some here, that I was in the wrong place .. it seems that CouchPotato is supported mainly here:
http://help.couchpota.to/discussions/problems
newuser2012

Post by newuser2012 »

Thanks RKM .There is some info in page 66-67.
lollan

Post by lollan »

lollan wrote:
rspike12 wrote:

UPDATE:

This sounds a lot like the problem I am encountering, which is unresolved unfortunately. What versions of SABnzbd / CouchPotato are you running?

I have been able to get most of my movies to have their post processing applied by manually moving them from the "Complete downloads directory" to the "Couchpotato temporary directory". Once moved there, Couchpotato quickly picks the movie up and renames it/moves it correctly.

http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php ... 260#p61500
I will cross post this over to the CouchPotato forums shortly as I expect others are likely running into this issue as well.

Finally found out what was causing this.. it turns out that the renamer script was dying on one specific movie and would cease to perform processing on any of the other movies in the directory. From reading the trace logs around the event, it seems that renamer was finding an invalid character in the filename. Regardless, moving that file out of the temporary directory that renamer watches fixed it for me! I have since taken any characters out of the filename and that directory has been processed accordingly as well.

A more enterprising individual than myself might wish to add a 'remove invalid characters' type method onto the renamer script.

Here is what the logs look like:

15:17:12 INFO [ app.lib.library] Found movie via MovieQueue.
15:17:12 INFO [ app.lib.library] some.movie.2007.DC.BW.720p.BluRay.AC3.x264-o24's group name is o24
15:17:12 INFO [ app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for /data/media/.tempmovies/some.movie.DC.BW.720p.BluRay.AC3.x264-o24/some.movie.DC.B&W.2007.720p.BluRay.AC3.x264-oy4.mkv
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] Found movie via MovieQueue.
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] some.movie.2006.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-HiDt's group name is HiDt
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for /data/media/.tempmovies/some.movie.2006.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-HiDt/some.movie.2006.720p.bluray.dts.x264-hidt.mkv
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] some.movie.In.2011.LIMITED.720p.BluRay.x264-HAiDEAF's group name is HAiDEAF
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for /data/media/.tempmovies/some.movie.In.2011.LIMITED.720p.BluRay.x264-HAiDEAF/tsili-haideaf.mkv
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] some.movie.1995.iNTERNAL.720p.BluRay.x264-MHQ's group name is MHQ
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for /data/media/.tempmovies/some.movie.1995.iNTERNAL.720p.BluRay.x264-MHQ/mhq-some.movie.1995.720p.x264.mkv
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] some.movie.Extended.Cut.2003.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS's group name is SiNNERS
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for /data/media/.tempmovies/some.movie.Extended.Cut.2003.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS/some.movie.Extended.Cut.2003.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS.mkv
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] some.movie.720p.BluRay.x264-CROSSBOW's group name is CROSSBOW
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for /data/media/.tempmovies/some.movie.720p.BluRay.x264-CROSSBOW/cb-u3rotl720.mkv
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] some.movie.2008.720p.BluRay.DTS-ES.x264-ESiR's group name is ESiR
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for /data/media/.tempmovies/some.movie.2008.720p.BluRay.DTS-ES.x264-ESiR/some.movie.2008.720p.BluRay.x264-ESiR.mkv
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] some.movie.2011.720p.BluRay.x264-Felony's group name is Felony
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for /data/media/.tempmovies/some.movie.2011.720p.BluRay.x264-Felony/f-some.movie.720.mkv
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] some.movie.2011.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-HiDt's group name is HiDt
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for /data/media/.tempmovies/some.movie.2011.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-HiDt/some.movie.2011.720p.bluray.dts.x264-hidt.mkv
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] some.movie.2008.720p.BluRay.x264-AVS720's group name is AVS720
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for /data/media/.tempmovies/some.movie.2008.720p.BluRay.x264-AVS720/avs720-im.mkv
15:17:13 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Trying to find a home for: some.movie.DC.B&W.2007.720p.BluRay.AC3.x264-oy4.mkv
15:17:13 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.renamer] !!Uncought exception in renamer thread.
15:17:13 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/lollan/.couchpotato/app/lib/cron/renamer.py", line 61, in run
self.doRename()
File "/home/lollan/.couchpotato/app/lib/cron/renamer.py", line 102, in doRename
finalDestination = self.renameFiles(movie)
File "/home/lollan/.couchpotato/app/lib/cron/renamer.py", line 360, in renameFiles
folder = self.doReplace(folderNaming, replacements)
File "/home/lollan/.couchpotato/app/lib/cron/renamer.py", line 491, in doReplace
replaced = replaced.replace(u'<' + unicode(x) + u'>', unicode(r))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xfd in position 43: ordinal not in range(128)