CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
bubblesnout

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torre

Post by bubblesnout »

Just started playing around with CouchPotato and it looks great! Being in Australia, my internet connection is not unlimited and as such I have to be careful with quality and file size, so I was wondering what the best way to control this is? When I grab a movie via a torrent or something at the moment, I'll always grab a rip that's 700mb/800mb, and I don't really care if it's a DVD-Rip, BR-Rip, whatever (as long as it's not filmed in a cinema). How should I best configure CouchPotato to do this for me?
Also, I'm using NZBMatrix, is this an acceptable NZB index for films, or is there a larger one? I ask because I was searching for a film yesterday and could only find one or two copies in rather high quality on NZBMatrix, whereas on searching for a torrent I had multiple options.
keithm

Post by keithm »

I love CoutchPotato!

Would be so awesome though if it looked up my watchlist on IMDB and automatically downloaded anything in it.

I know you have userscript's but that's not integrated with IMDB's own watchlists and also makes Chrome very laggy
Bart_NL

Post by Bart_NL »

Hi Everyone,

I started using CouchPotato like about an hour ago and I wanted to start it like a service.
(like I did with SABNZBd and SickBeard)
Somehow, even if I uncheck the 'start browser' option, it won't start as a service.
The message: "The Couch Potato Service on Local Computer started and then stopped."

Does anyone else have this issue?

btw: I'm running Windows 7 x64.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

what does the log say ?
Is the port maybe in use by something else ?
Vastlee

Post by Vastlee »

Been using CouchPotato for a long time & it's great. The 1 feature that would make this complete is something to automatically add movies based on ratings from somewhere like RottenTomatoes or similar. Yes I'm a lazy bastard for not wanting to add them myself, but lets be honest, everything we do here is all about streamlining the whole process. Eventually I'll want you guys to find a way to mentally determine what movies I'll like & download it directly to my brain. :) Anywho, keep up the great work. Looking forward to future releases.
kooolkat357

Post by kooolkat357 »

Hi! Just started using this great software. I have only one problem. My default windows user uses the norwegian letter Ø, and when I try to save my Notifications DB path C:\Users\Øys\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database it shows Error 400 Bad Request. If I remove Ø and replace it with O it saves ok.

Any chance to fix this Bad Request Error? Would realy like to use my XBMC database with this software :)
jubei
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jubei »

Love the app.

The cover art isn't showing up for me anymore:

Not sure when this started, but I noticed it in the past 2 weeks.

Running CouchPotato on my unRAID server with the newest release.
monkeypunk

Post by monkeypunk »

Hello,

New to this great software and having the same issue as Crashez with CP not passing the nzbs to SAB. I am also using NZBRus as well.

Is it safe to say that NZBRus is still unsupported and that that is my issue?

If so, any issues using NZBMatrix?
Toady

Post by Toady »

Using it with nzbmatrix and no issues for me
monkeypunk

Post by monkeypunk »

Thanks Toady!
jubei
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jubei »

Other quick issue I just noticed. Running CP on my unRAID (Slackware Linux) box and have it watching an _intake folder for new movies. When it movies them to the correct movie folder, what does it set the permissions to? SABNZBD sets them to 777 but I've noticed that I don't have access the recent movies that CP moved there.
mcleanap

Post by mcleanap »

Not sure if this should go into this thread or not....didn't know where else to ask.

I have both CouchPotato and SickBeard running on my unRaid server. It works great for the most part, aside from one little issue that I can live with, but would rather not have to.

From time to time, I will notice a TV Show appear in my movie folders, but it's under a different name.

For example, I have both Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead as shows in SickBeard.

I will see the following folders and files show up in my movies:

Breaking Bad TV Series 2008 - IMDb () - This will end up being a random show
100 Years of Horror: The Walking Dead - The last one I checked was the first episode from season 1.

Any ideas what might be going on?
nekz

Post by nekz »

hi guys!

I created a greasemonkey script that let you add movies to couchpotato on moviemeter.nl

Script can be found here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/116077

Note: You have to edit the first line of the script so it match your couchpotato ip & port :

Code: Select all

var couchpotato = "localhost:5000";
DrSabb

Post by DrSabb »

How does CP know which NZB to snatch, as there can be loads for a single search??
Tekz08

Post by Tekz08 »

Code: Select all

23:33:06 INFO  [    app.lib.cron.subtitle] Finding subtitles for: E:\Downloads\Movies\Downloading Nancy (2008)
23:33:06 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.trailer] Finding trailers for: E:\Downloads\Movies\Downloading Nancy (2008)
23:33:06 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "E:\Downloads\Movies\Downloads\Die Hard (1988).avi" to E:\Downloads\Movies\Downloading Nancy (2008)\Downloading Nancy (2008).avi.
23:33:06 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Removed old file: E:\Downloads\Movies\Downloading Nancy (2008)\Downloading Nancy (2008).avi
23:33:06 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Quality Old: 700, New 800.
23:33:06 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Trying to find a home for: Die Hard (1988).avi
23:33:06 INFO  [          app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for E:\Downloads\Movies\Downloads\Die Hard (1988).avi
23:33:06 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: [{'year': '2008', 'imdb': 'tt0411323', 'id': 18273, 'name': u'Downloading Nancy'}]
23:33:06 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Searching: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.search/en/xml/9b939aee0aaafc12a65bf448e4af9543/downloads
23:33:06 INFO  [          app.lib.library] Searching for "Downloads".
23:23:06 INFO  [    app.lib.cron.subtitle] Finding subtitles for: E:\Downloads\Movies\Downloading Nancy (2008)
23:23:06 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.trailer] Finding trailers for: E:\Downloads\Movies\Downloading Nancy (2008)
23:23:06 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "E:\Downloads\Movies\Downloads\Bull Durham (1988).avi" to E:\Downloads\Movies\Downloading Nancy (2008)\Downloading Nancy (2008).avi.
23:23:06 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Quality Old: 0, New 700.
23:23:06 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Creating directory E:\Downloads\Movies\Downloading Nancy (2008)
23:23:06 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Trying to find a home for: Bull Durham (1988).avi
23:23:06 INFO  [          app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for E:\Downloads\Movies\Downloads\Bull Durham (1988).avi
23:23:06 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: [{'year': '2008', 'imdb': 'tt0411323', 'id': 18273, 'name': u'Downloading Nancy'}]
So... I downloaded Bull Durham, followed by Die Hard. It renamed Bull Durham to 'Downloading Nancy (2008).avi' and then later when Die Hard finished downloading, the renamed Bull Durham was removed and Die Hard renamed to take it's place.

Anyone have any clue what's going on here or how to fix it?

Edit: I think I resolved this by having Sabnzbd put movies into a folder with the title instead of just bare placing the files into a folder.