CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
RuudBurger

Re: NZB Movie Manager - Automatic Movie Downloader

Post by RuudBurger »

pspgimp wrote:
RuudBurger wrote: Movies added to SAB earlier should have an .nfo (with imdblink) inside of them, else they wont be recognized. The renaming is based on nfo(imdb) > MM history table.
Will add a IMDB/theMovieDB search after that eventually.
OK, so I have been using Yanfoe to grab fanart and create nfo's for me conforming to YAMJ they have a part in them like

tt0411477

are you saying if I have a movie already in my movie folder in DVD and I add it to MovieManager to watch for a 720p it will replace a legacy DVDrip I already have and rename the 720p as my old one was ?

Maybe I am missing something I just don't get how the renaming works, or how ofter, as I am yet to see a rename event occur.

I am really loving this app thougk, and as someone else has pointed out the google extention for IMDB was genious !

All I need now is an iphone app that links a barcode scanner to moviemanager for those times I see a movie I want in the HMV ! LOL !
MM watches the download folder of sabnzbd.
If a movie is downloaded, it will search for an .nfo file in the directory (for example: downloads/movies/just downloaded movie/movie.nfo).
If a .nfo is not found, it searches for "snatched nzb" history in the MM database.
If no "snatched nzb"-history is found for the given movie, it will do a search in all the movies in MM, to see if it matches something. So if you haven't downloaded the movie via MM, it won't find any.
After everything has failed, it just leaves the file sit in you download folder.

If you already have a dvdrip, and download a 720p. It does the whole process, except that it OVERWRITES the current movie (avi, mkv etc) in your movie folder, based on filesize. Everything else is (and should be) left intact (like .nfo .jpg etc)

jonaskp wrote: I have added them as "issues". Is that good enough?
Yes, thanks!
Last edited by RuudBurger on July 8th, 2010, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by b1scu1t »

Hello Ruudberger,

This program shows a lot of promise and works well at least for the last few hours I have been working!, great job.  I have a quick question.

- Can you add multiple search locations other than nzbs.org, now that newzbin is back in action that would be good along with nzbsrus & nzbmatrix. 

In the Mac OS X version, I noticed a minor bug.  I have all my my native python apps/scripts in my local App directory called $HOME/User Apps.  I tried to put MM in a directory inside that but when I tried to start up the applescript app, it gives an error as it doesn't know how to handle spaces in the path.  Once I moved it to a location without an empty space in it, it started up perfectly.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
b1scu1t
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

b1scu1t wrote: Hello Ruudberger,

This program shows a lot of promise and works well at least for the last few hours I have been working!, great job.  I have a quick question.

- Can you add multiple search locations other than nzbs.org, now that newzbin is back in action that would be good along with nzbsrus & nzbmatrix. 

In the Mac OS X version, I noticed a minor bug.  I have all my my native python apps/scripts in my local App directory called $HOME/User Apps.  I tried to put MM in a directory inside that but when I tried to start up the applescript app, it gives an error as it doesn't know how to handle spaces in the path.  Once I moved it to a location without an empty space in it, it started up perfectly.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
b1scu1t
New providers will be coming as soon MM as I fixed the mayor bugs.
The .app should work with the latest update btw, so do a git pull ;)
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
xtinct101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by xtinct101 »

Hi,

I cant seem to add a movie with multiple quality settings, am i doing something wrong?

BTW awesome script!! loving it.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

xtinct101 wrote: Hi,

I cant seem to add a movie with multiple quality settings, am i doing something wrong?

BTW awesome script!! loving it.
In the settings ;):
xtinct101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by xtinct101 »

Ah i assumed that having all the built in resolutions checked meant it will add them all. Created custom one worked great.
xtinct101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by xtinct101 »

I've just noticed that one of the movies i've set up to watch for is being searched for, found and not downloaded. When I copy/paste the rss link manually into IE, it lists the movie but yet doesnt download the nzb. Any ideas why?
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Some how i still have problems with the renamer script.
I am having the following error in the log :

07:20:31,946 CRITI [stderr] Exception in thread Thread-4:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 525, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/home/mario/.moviemanager/app/lib/cron/cronRenamer.py", line 48, in run
    self.doRename()
  File "/home/mario/.moviemanager/app/lib/cron/cronRenamer.py", line 80, in doRename
    imdbId = self.getImdb(nfoFile)
  File "/home/mario/.moviemanager/app/lib/cron/cronRenamer.py", line 364, in getImdb
    id = m.group('id')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

Hope someone can help as I really wnat this to work .. like the renamer function & the db that you can make when you hear about a nice movie
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

Firstly, where is this Chrome userscript? Am I just missing it?

Secondly, how do I get it to overwrite as better qualities come out? For example, if a screener comes out, that gets downloaded and the movie is pushed into the finished list. I have to hit the little check next to it to get it to go back into the main list.

What I really want, is for it to progressively overwrite each version of the movie as better qualities come out. Like, first I get a screener, then a DVD-rip, then 720p. That way, whenever I decide to actually watch it, I have the best quality available. Is this already possible?
SABCommand for iPad Developer
SABConnect for Safari 5 Developer

Bug Tracking:
http://redmine.kalenhansen.com

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/SABCommand
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

@xtinct101
Could you PM me the rss link? Think that MM couldn't find a proper match. No nfo file to check and no year set, probably.

@rascalli
Thats a bug, should be fixed in next release.

@nomar383
Userscript in settings

Create your own custom quality for that, (also in settings)
fr0st

Post by fr0st »

nomar383 wrote: Firstly, where is this Chrome userscript? Am I just missing it?
Did you go to imdb.com and look at a movie? It will show up next to the movie poster.
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

RuudBurger wrote: Create your own custom quality for that, (also in settings)
When a movie is found (with my custom quality), it gets placed in the "snatched" section. Will it keep checking for better versions from there? For example, if I get a screener copy, it gets placed in "snatched", will that movie be replaced by a 720p release when it comes out?

Bug Tracking:

Twitter:
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

If there are multiple qualities in the queue for a movie, it will not be marked as "snatched". It will be marked as "waiting" and will be orange in the movie list.
Unless ofcourse you checked "finish" on all the qualities, which will mark the download "snatched/completed"
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

RuudBurger wrote: If there are multiple qualities in the queue for a movie, it will not be marked as "snatched". It will be marked as "waiting" and will be orange in the movie list.
Unless ofcourse you checked "finish" on all the qualities, which will mark the download "snatched/completed"
Any time I add a movie it grabs the screener/cam release (for recent moveis), then goes to "snatched". I have to hit the little green arrow to make it go back up into the downloads...

This is with a custom quality. I'm not sure what I'm doing different. When it goes back into downloads, everything appears as I would expect.

EDIT: Wow, I'm retarded. I didn't understand what "finish" thing you were talking about. I see it now. Some documentation would probably be nice :)
Last edited by nomar383 on July 11th, 2010, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bug Tracking:

Twitter:
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

You mean something like:  ;)