CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
RuudBurger

Re: NZB Movie Manager - Automatic Movie Downloader

Post by RuudBurger »

The results don't seem to be cached correctly..
Hold on, ill try and fix.. really should be doing some schoolwork though :P
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
jonaskp

Post by jonaskp »

RuudBurger wrote: The results don't seem to be cached correctly..
Hold on, ill try and fix.. really should be doing some schoolwork though :P
Schoolwork is overrated. Go fix the code  ;D

Thanks for all the work so far, despite this last version and some minor things, this is working excellent.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Could you do a git pull and test it out? ^^
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

Ruud, I can confirm both my QNAP and Linux Mint installs are now fixed and working perfectly ! Thanks.

Please now do your homework !  ;D
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

Ruud, one small thing I have noticed since I now have working quality settings, I have created a "quality" which is say CAM, DVD, BRrip. There is no way for me to edit a movie already listed in my Moviemanager with this new quality option. And if I delete the movie and re-add is (as it happends from IMDB with the excellent extension) I seem to select my new custom quality but it gets added without it into MovieManager, the same as it was before in the GUI.

Hope that makes sense. Not a big issue though as I only have some things listed for testing anyhow. Just making you aware they may be an issue.

Keep up the good work for such an early product it is excellent and what I have been looking for ages !
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

The custom qualities are copied, when adding a movie with them. That means that if you change your quality, it won't change on the movies added with it.
I did this because, the custom qualities are a one time thing. You won't keep editing it, but just set it up 1 time (or maybe 2 ;)), then leave it.
Also, for my next step in the quality function, I want to make the queue on each movie editable. When the quality for each movie would be linked directly to the quality in your settings (and thus not copied) it would have been a programming hell to keep that stuff updated.
There will eventually be a function that gives you a "heads up" when you edit your quality in settings, something like "Hey, there are 4 movies with this quality, update them with the changes too?"
Just don't go adding 100 movies in cam-r5 custom quality and then later change the cam-r5 custom quality to 720p/1080p custom quality ;)

If you already added a movie, it should update it with the newly selected quality (via imdb script, or top-right form in MM). No need to delete it first.

Hope that clears it up.
Last edited by RuudBurger on July 8th, 2010, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Any Windows user wanna try this new build: http://cl.ly/782767542604e9a31b21
All the needed stuff in single .exe. Only thing you need from your "old" install is config.ini and data.db.
Last edited by RuudBurger on July 9th, 2010, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

RuudBurger wrote: Hope that clears it up.
Ruud, that makes perfect sense.

Just looked at your roadmap, something you might consider is the ability to give a Sab category to a download.

For instance I download some stuff for me, and some for my kids. However I keep them in too different locations, so on their media centre they can only see their own movies, on on mine I can see just mine or flick over and see the kids movies.  It would be really useful for me, I guess others with young kids may keep stuff in different locations like I do for the same reasons.

With regards to the product name, why not RudeBurger ? I think it has a sort of meaningless ring to it but then so does SickBeard !  :D

PSPgimp
jonaskp

Post by jonaskp »

RuudBurger: That last windows build seems to be working perfectly. All the earlier builds I tried I had issues when adding some movies, but they seem to have vanished. Very nice.

Also, just tried the IMDB script in Chrome - man, that thing is awesome!!!
I think I'm gonna spend a lot of time browsing IMDB and adding movies to my MovieManager list.

Still waiting for some movies to finish to test renaming with this new build. I suppose it doesn't matter that the movies got added to SABnzbd with older builds? The way I understand, it just checks the downloaded folder and moves and renames when there are files in it, right?
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Movies added to SAB earlier should have an .nfo (with imdblink) inside of them, else they wont be recognized. The renaming is based on nfo(imdb) > MM history table.
Will add a IMDB/theMovieDB search after that eventually.
jonaskp

Post by jonaskp »

Ok. I'll wait and see what happens. For later use, if the file doesn't contain an .nfo file, will it then just use MovieManager history to identify the movie correctly for renaming (which I suppose is what it uses the .nfo file for)? Since I like to delete the .nfo's since I don't need them for anything.

Are you taking feature requests or do you currently have enough to do on it? Cause I have a couple:
- Better renaming (add quality, custom text, etc.)
- Dates on release. And not only DVD-release. I have added a couple of movies that are not in theatres yet, and would be nice to be able to see that as well. This could turn into a "movie watchlist" as well as "movies download watchlist" for me.
- Ability to sort/filter the list of movies based on release dates. Examples: Filter out all movies that are not released yet, in order to get an overview of what movies has been released, but just can't be found. Filter to only see movies that will be released within a month. And so on.
- Quality: Ability to chose on what quality the program should "wait x days".
Example:
---
1080p
720p
---
wait 3 days
---
DVD-Rip
R5

I know I have mentioned some of them before, but this was just to make a list.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Could you add the features not on the current todo list (http://github.com/RuudBurger/Movie-Mana ... er/todo.md) to GitHub Issues?
That way I can keep a better list of "maybe" stuff :P
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

RuudBurger wrote: Movies added to SAB earlier should have an .nfo (with imdblink) inside of them, else they wont be recognized. The renaming is based on nfo(imdb) > MM history table.
Will add a IMDB/theMovieDB search after that eventually.
OK, so I have been using Yanfoe to grab fanart and create nfo's for me conforming to YAMJ they have a part in them like

tt0411477

are you saying if I have a movie already in my movie folder in DVD and I add it to MovieManager to watch for a 720p it will replace a legacy DVDrip I already have and rename the 720p as my old one was ?

Maybe I am missing something I just don't get how the renaming works, or how ofter, as I am yet to see a rename event occur.

I am really loving this app thougk, and as someone else has pointed out the google extention for IMDB was genious !

All I need now is an iphone app that links a barcode scanner to moviemanager for those times I see a movie I want in the HMV ! LOL !
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

RuudBurger wrote: Could you add the features not on the current todo list (http://github.com/RuudBurger/Movie-Mana ... er/todo.md) to GitHub Issues?
That way I can keep a better list of "maybe" stuff :P
Will do in the morning. Thanks for fixing everything so quickly today mate !
jonaskp

Post by jonaskp »

I have added them as "issues". Is that good enough?