CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
xorgborg

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Post by xorgborg »

Just started using this app and am loving it. Quick question (and I admit I haven't read all of this thread but have tried searching), is there any way to make this launch at windows start up?

I've tried adding the couchpotato.exe file to my startup folder and it did launch but didn't retain any of my searches I had set up previously so I had to close it and relaunch it manually.

I'd appreciate it if someone could respond with a solution.

I'm on Windows 7 btw.

Thanks.....
gyre

Post by gyre »

Have you just tried making a shortcut to the .exe in your startup folder?  Just in case the .exe looks in its own directory for the .ini file.

-- gyre --
theagent

Post by theagent »

RuudBurger wrote: I have multiple machines that download "Despicable Me" just fine with NZBs.org turned on. Could you PM me the log of where it still used NZBs.org but couldn't find it?
I actually cleared my log last night after making lots of changes, sorry...  but I don't think it was NZBs being turned on either.  The log said something about not being able to connect to sab, which is weird, because I made no other changes.  I'll try re-checking NZBs.org and try adding something to see if it downloads, if it doesn't I'll PM you the new log.

edit:  Just tried it and it's working fine.  No idea what it could have been... but it's resolved now. 
Last edited by theagent on December 2nd, 2010, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xorgborg

Post by xorgborg »

gyre wrote: Have you just tried making a shortcut to the .exe in your startup folder?  Just in case the .exe looks in its own directory for the .ini file.

-- gyre --
That seems to have worked. Nice one, cheers....
cfipilot

Post by cfipilot »

I downloaded and install the app on my Freenas box.

Great work. I have a suggestions i would like to see

The "wanted" page and "soon" seem to display the same info.  I think the soon page should be more of what is coming soon to DVD or in theaters, etc, Then have a way to sort and add to your wanted list.  So on this page you can see that a movie is coming to DVD/blu-ray soon, lets add it to my wanted list. 

I think with that and the finished "manage" page will make this app well rounded.
Last edited by cfipilot on December 3rd, 2010, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5stringdeath

Post by 5stringdeath »

cfipilot wrote: I downloaded and install the app on my Freenas box.

Great work. I have a free suggestions i would like to see

The "wanted" page and "soon" seem to display the same info.   I think the soon page should be more of what is coming soon to DVD or in theaters, etc, Then have a way to sort and add to your wanted list.  So on this page you can see that a movie is coming to DVD/blu-ray soon, lets add it to my wanted list. 

I think with that and the finished "manage" page will make this app well rounded.
Well the "soon" data is pulled from your wanted list ... to show what movies you have added are to be released soon.  I often add movies to CP before they are even in theaters.  Set it and forget it!

I would NOT want the "soon" tab to display a full metadata listing of every single movie coming to theaters or dvd soon!  That would be a large list of irrelevant data (to me.) That's what IMDB is for  :)  And that's why I use the greasemonkey userscript on IMDB.

Is that what you were saying?  I might have misunderstood.
cfipilot

Post by cfipilot »

Yeah i guess i didnt think about the amount of data it would need to bring in.  I also go to IMDB to pick my movies.  I just figure i rather not have to leave the App, but your argument  makes sense.
5stringdeath

Post by 5stringdeath »

cfipilot wrote: Yeah i guess i didnt think about the amount of data it would need to bring in.  I also go to IMDB to pick my movies.  I just figure i rather not have to leave the App, but your argument  makes sense.
But I do understand what you're saying.  Honestly I rarely look at the "soon" tab ... for me the beauty of CP is that I set a movie up and then never think about it until Prowl gives me a notification that sab has dl'ed something.  Then its like a surprise!
:D
BrianAz

Post by BrianAz »

RuudBurger wrote: I don't know what .dts .dtshd files are. Are they seperate sound files or more like a container such as .mkv?
Ya, I think they were de-muxed audio from the movie. Would be nice if we had options to add/remove .extensions from a list to clean-up. I could have it delete everything but .mkv/.avi/.srt/.etc for example.
baz

Post by baz »

5stringdeath wrote:
cfipilot wrote: Yeah i guess i didnt think about the amount of data it would need to bring in.  I also go to IMDB to pick my movies.  I just figure i rather not have to leave the App, but your argument  makes sense.
But I do understand what you're saying.  Honestly I rarely look at the "soon" tab ... for me the beauty of CP is that I set a movie up and then never think about it until Prowl gives me a notification that sab has dl'ed something.  Then its like a surprise!
:D
Exactly! I use the grease monkey add-in and just browse imdb.com's list of upcoming movies. Need to find another iPhone growl client though. Prowl won't sort/filter my notifications so it's always cluttered. I use growlnotify with the app names "NewMovie" and "NewTV" (along with many others for other notifications). I think Howl will let me filter/sort on my phone.
wtsfox

Post by wtsfox »

hi I have a problem with downloading trailers and subs,
I have a etrayz running
this is the log output

[admin: Sanitize your logs, unless you want people logging into your sabnzbd installation]

thanks
Last edited by inpheaux on December 6th, 2010, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Could you add it on GitHub?
Thanks!
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

Guys, stop posting unsanitized logs, unsanitized wanted lists, etc. Stop openly discussing what you're doing.

I don't want to have to delete your thread.
bugmenot

Post by bugmenot »

I think CouchPotato may have an issue searching for some BR-Rips

I will have a search that log that looks like this:

BluRay.720p.DD5.1.x264-ESiR, looking for BR-Rip
BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264-CHD, looking for BR-Rip

These clearly are BluRay rips. Maybe CouchPotato only looks for the text BR-Rip?
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

BR-Rips aren't "720p" or "1080p" so those you mentioned aren't BR-Rips/ BD-Rips.
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum