CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
jubei
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Post by jubei »

RuudBurger wrote: With the pretty name send to SAB, you wont be able to rename the movie file inside. Only the folder containing it.
Also the subtitles wouldnt be copied while the other crap files are deleted ;)
I'm not really worried about renaming the file as much as I am the folder.  I say that because PLEX searches based on folder name.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

I understand you don't need it, but all the other people do ;)
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
jubei
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jubei »

RuudBurger wrote: I understand you don't need it, but all the other people do ;)
I'm not saying to take out any feature just asking it was possible to send the pretty name to SAB.  Could be a setting you enable.  If not, that's cool. I appreciate your work.
unisonruss

Post by unisonruss »

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm a n00b :) I just started using SickBeard for my TV Shows and love it. Is it possible to run CouchPotato and SickBeard at the same time in Python. I'm on Mac OS 10.6 and have to run sickbeard via python in the terminal, and I can see I would have to do something similar for CouchPotato. All I really need to know is: how do I run both at the same time, or is that possible? When is an actual app coming? (if ever?)

Thank you for any replies! If push comes to shove, I would at least love a simple post-processing script that would rename my movies, and put them in the correct folder after it finishes downloading :) I searched around, but couldn't find anything like that. Thank you!

-Russ
cman675

Post by cman675 »

Kind of building of Jubei's request in a way. Is there anyway to sort to multiple folders? I have HD and standard folders and would love to sort between the two with CP. Thanks!
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

cman675 wrote: Kind of building of Jubei's request in a way. Is there anyway to sort to multiple folders? I have HD and standard folders and would love to sort between the two with CP. Thanks!
@ Ruudburger , looking at above

* Is it maybe an option to let them also make renaming profiles ? So a bit the same like how you made custom quality settings ?
As I think that that maybe helps them.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

A script that you can run after a rename would be easier. Don't want to complicate things when it isn't necessary.
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
cman675

Post by cman675 »

@ Rascalli
I actually was thinking of something similar. For each custom quality setting, you could have a renaming setup. I wish I knew more about coding, so I could help out haha.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

@ Ruudburger :

On another board someone mentioned the following feature :

Iit'd be great to do stuff like : 

Select/Add movies starring a certain person (say... Scarlett Johannson)
or all movies directed by Christopher Nolan for example.

Maybe all based on the list imdb/tvdb gives ?

For me this would be a : +1
unisonruss

Post by unisonruss »

Never mind, got post-processing figured out...took a while and a lot of digging. Movies are now being renamed and moved to my movies folder, and the extra files all get deleted automatically.

As far as Couch Potato, got it working n my Mac, and it's cool, but I wish it showed the release name of the movie file, rather then just resolution options. It would be nice to know if you're grabbing HDTV, bluray, know what group it's coming from, and know the file size as well before it begins to download. If that gets implemented I'll start to use it :)
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Adding to much searching options, would defeat the purpose of CP. It should fetch one of the better available releases.
If it downloaded the wrong movie, or wrong quality for you, let me know..
I understand that you don't want a 12GB 720p version if 4.5GB version ;)
Bluray releases should already be in front of the HDTV releases.
Meilu

Post by Meilu »

Not sure if this has been suggested before but i was wondering if it is possible to add a maximum size for each movie.
I almost always select 1080p and sometimes these can get up to 30-40gb when there are 10gb versions that are pretty much the same quality  :-X
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

jubei
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jubei »

RuudBurger wrote: A script that you can run after a rename would be easier. Don't want to complicate things when it isn't necessary.
Thought that this would work but it won't because the name of the folder ($3 is the variable passed by SABNZBD) would be the OLD name.  There'd be no way for me to wait for Couch Potato to rename and then move because the item that my script looks for would have already been renamed at that point.  

Not sure what the issue is with sending the pretty name to SAB instead of the name from the report but I'm sure you have your reasons.
Last edited by jubei on August 20th, 2010, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

You should not be needing SABnzbd renaming script once CP can handle that stuff.
I meant a script that is run via CP after the CP rename, not from SABnzbd.