CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Gkf9

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torre

Post by Gkf9 »

sl1000 wrote:well if you cross post, i'll do it too ;)

1. install, and enable the Optware qpkg, this one is better then QNAPs official one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8298909/Qnap/Op ... 99.163.zip
2. Install, enable and configure the sabnzbd qpkg (version 0.68 from here please, not the antique one on qnaps website)
3. install, enable and configure the couchpotato qpkg, found at the beginning of this thread.
4. enjoy :)

The nas does all the downloading, postprocessing and moves the downloads to the directory of your choice
qpkg's are one-click install packages, so no need to do stuff on the command line, etc. you can do everything via the web interface.

p.s. 1. don't forget to UNZIP the downloaded qpkg's first before uploading.
p.s. 2. if any qpkg installation fails, please look at the system log section in the admin gui of the qnap to find the reason why.
When i download these on my mac i can't open them because they are Window files....Is there another way to download and install them on my Nas?

Sorry again for the noobness.
sl1000

Post by sl1000 »

read this: http://docs.qnap.com/nas/en/qpkg_plugin ... htsub=qpkg , but skip the first 2 screenshots / get qpkgs section. It should all become clear after that...
Gkf9

Post by Gkf9 »

sl1000 wrote:read this: http://docs.qnap.com/nas/en/qpkg_plugin ... htsub=qpkg , but skip the first 2 screenshots / get qpkgs section. It should all become clear after that...
Yeah thanks again sl1000 I understand now... But the problem when downloading window files with mac's, is the mac always usually un zips the files to much or not enough if you know what I mean?

I think the best way for me to get the files, will for me to download them using a windows machine to a USB stick, then plugging the USB stick into the NAS and browsing and installing them from there

Thanks again.
sl1000

Post by sl1000 »

thats a safari annoyance and can be turned off in the preferences somewhere. else install chrome as a browser. also solves it
Gkf9

Post by Gkf9 »

sl1000 wrote:thats a safari annoyance and can be turned off in the preferences somewhere. else install chrome as a browser. also solves it
Yeah turned it off now thanks, I've downloaded them all again and unzipped them, so I'll see when I install them on the Nas if there's any corruption.

Thanks again you've been a great help.. No doubt I'll be back with more questions later so hope you don't mind.
newsleecher

Post by newsleecher »

Pardon me for barging in but I've been using couch potato for a week or two now and the one thing I can't figure out is how to force things couch potato brings into my que into a paused state. I don't want the thing imposing it will upon me. For example for my rss feeds in sab it allows me to keep those things coming in from the feed in a paused status. How does one do something similar with couch potato, is it a setting somewhere I missed on cp side or on sab side?

Basically I want a big que of paused stuff when that stuff is coming in from automated sources.
dazzawright75

Post by dazzawright75 »

I am having a strange problem with a particular film. It adds fine to couchpotato, snatches and downloads to the downloads folder fine. When couchpotato processes the movie however it insists on renaming it to something totally different ..

correct movie is Hatchet (2006), for some reason couchpotato insists it is the lord of the rings battle for middle earth II

18:44:58 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "d:\serverfolders\downloads\movies\Hatchet (2006)\Hatchet (2006).mkv" to d:\serverfolders\videos\Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle-Earth II, The (2006)\The Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle-Earth II.mkv

Any ideas why ? I think to get around it I'll manually process this film for now. Strange
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Does the .nfo contain a link to the imdb page of Lord of the Rings?
Gkf9

Post by Gkf9 »

Hi
Well I've managed to install the 3 packages but when I click on the SABnzbd link to configure it it says its unable to connect to server?

Any ideas.. This is turning out to be a mine field for me, but I'm slowly getting through ( I think )

Thanks again.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

What are the details you are filling in for sabnzbd ?
Gkf9

Post by Gkf9 »

rascalli wrote:What are the details you are filling in for sabnzbd ?
I've clicked on the link within the Qpkg- SABnzbdplus

Then it goes to open a page http://192.168.0.9:8800/sabnzbd/
Then I get "safari can't connect to server"

Thanks for any help.
Gkf9

Post by Gkf9 »

Gkf9 wrote:
rascalli wrote:What are the details you are filling in for sabnzbd ?
I've clicked on the link within the Qpkg- SABnzbdplus

Then it goes to open a page http://192.168.0.9:8800/sabnzbd/
Then I get "safari can't connect to server"

Thanks for any help.

Come to the NAS this morning and now for some reason couch potota won't open.
Same thing again http://192.168.0.9:5050/. Can't connect to server. :(
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Are you sure it is running ?
Gkf9

Post by Gkf9 »

rascalli wrote:Are you sure it is running ?

If you mean "enabled" yes

What about if I remove them then reinstall? Sabnzbd has never connected to server, but couch potato was connecting last night, but not this morning?
Gkf9

Post by Gkf9 »

Well I've removed and reinstalled all 3 apps and all seems good now.
Weird....Now just to figure out how to use and configure them. Is there links anywhere how to use them?

Thanks again