CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
cagenuts

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Post by cagenuts »

This is what I do;

I create a folder called couchpotato and within that are sub folders called current and then r30, r31 etc.

This way it's easy to go back to a previous version if you need to. All you need to do to upgrade is copy the version you want to the current folder overwriting the existing file (which will be backed-up in one of those other version specific folders.

Obviously you need to first shutdown the app before moving files around. For good measure, also keep a backup of the config files.

Hope this helps.
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

cagenuts wrote: This is what I do;

I create a folder called couchpotato and within that are sub folders called current and then r30, r31 etc.

This way it's easy to go back to a previous version if you need to. All you need to do to upgrade is copy the version you want to the current folder overwriting the existing file (which will be backed-up in one of those other version specific folders.

Obviously you need to first shutdown the app before moving files around. For good measure, also keep a backup of the config files.

Hope this helps.
Do I have to keep any other file than the config.ini to keep my settings? What does the data.db contain?
cagenuts

Post by cagenuts »

You need this file, it contains the information about what movie has been downloaded and what still needs to be found. Probably more important than the config file.
jgourd

Post by jgourd »

RuudBurger wrote: Bad timing ;) TheMovieDb seems to be down.
24 hours later and it still doesn't get any results when I enter a movie title.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Because TheMovieDb is still down :)
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

Se7en wrote: It would be nice to be able to configure Couch Potato so that it searchers for movies at a certain time instead of every X hours, something that's being considered?
Bump.

cagenuts wrote: This is what I do;

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I did the same thing.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Se7en wrote:
Se7en wrote: It would be nice to be able to configure Couch Potato so that it searchers for movies at a certain time instead of every X hours, something that's being considered?
Bump.
Yes, this is how it works in "v2".
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

RuudBurger wrote:
Se7en wrote:
Bump.
Yes, this is how it works in "v2".
V2? ETA? :)
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

No ETA, but don't expect it anytime soon ;) It's a full recode..
jgourd

Post by jgourd »

RuudBurger wrote: Because TheMovieDb is still down :)
I can now get into the movie DB website but still Couch Potato returns no results. :(
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

Another question, on some computers I dont see any thumbnails, I guess it depends on the screen resolution? Is it possible to force a view with thumbnails regardless of the resolution?
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Use the "show details"-button on the top right of the wanted page :D
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

I'm working on a better search/scanning script to parse already downloaded movies into the CP database, and need your help.
Please post a sample of your folder structure here: http://help.couchpotatoapp.com/discussi ... -structure

Check to see if someone else didn't already post the same structure before posting your own.

Thanks!
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

RuudBurger wrote: Use the "show details"-button on the top right of the wanted page :D
Whoops  :D

Since I upgraded CP to the newest version the thumbnails doesn't work, any ideas? :(
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

Se7en wrote:
RuudBurger wrote: Use the "show details"-button on the top right of the wanted page :D
Whoops  :D

Since I upgraded CP to the newest version the thumbnails doesn't work, any ideas? :(
Strange, when adding new movies to the wanted list the thumbnails work.