CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
HungryBUTTON

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Post by HungryBUTTON »

HungryBUTTON wrote: Got CP installed in OpenSolaris 2009.06 with Python 2.6 installed.
CP starts, can add movies but they dont send to Sab.

Extract from the log

Code: Select all

ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
    id = int(self.gettextelement(nzb, "link").split('&')[0].partition('id=')[2])
  File "/etc/CouchPotato/app/lib/provider/yarr/sources/nzbmatrix.py", line 72, in find
    results.extend(source.find(movie, type, type))
  File "/etc/CouchPotato/app/lib/provider/yarr/search.py", line 46, in find
    results = self.provider.find(movie, queue)
  File "/etc/CouchPotato/app/lib/cron/cronYarr.py", line 134, in _search
    self._search(movie)
  File "/etc/CouchPotato/app/lib/cron/cronYarr.py", line 74, in searchAll
    self.searchAll()
  File "/etc/CouchPotato/app/lib/cron/cronYarr.py", line 47, in run
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 522, in __bootstrap_inner
Traceback (most recent call last):
21:09:10,983 CRITI [stderr] Exception in thread Thread-5:
21:09:10,348 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://services.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxxx&term=Valkyrie+720p&apikey=xxxx&subcat=42
21:09:09,674 INFO  [app.lib.cron.cronYarr] Searching for new download for all movies.
I worked it out.
It looks like since the NZBMatrix site is screwed CP tries to search and fails then stops.

@RuudBurger
Is it possible to allow have it jump to the next search provider if the first search provider fails
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

It does that, but NZBMatrix is bugged right now. will update it.
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
conj

Post by conj »

Hi
I've been trying to run CP on freenas and not having much luck.  Just wondering if anyone has it working?
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Just want to say thanks to John Gillies, who created an awesome logo!
It's on CouchPotatoApp.com and in the first post.

A friend of mine is also working on a logo, so this could be a temporary thing. But it doesn't make it less awesome ^^.

Also wanted to thank the few who already donated! Never thought people would do that. :D
Last edited by RuudBurger on July 26th, 2010, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
gaz777

Post by gaz777 »

This is a great program, I think it'll become very useful for me.

As some others have said it would be great if it was possible to add already downloaded films, so they're not re-downloaded by accident or something.
They could be added manually or possibly by searching through a folder of films?
RuudBurger wrote: @jjabs
For Windows, the GitHub version isn't the best option. This is because you can't run in daemon mode and thus have to a CMD window open all the time.
So unless you know how to make a Windows Service out of a Python script, I think you would be better of using Windows Build, who does that for you :D
It is possible to run it without a CMD windows open if "CouchPotato.py" is ran by "pythonw.exe" instead of "python.exe". As this is what i do...
For some reason the windows version wouldn't run properly on my system, and found it easier overall this way.

Thanks for this great program!

Gaz
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

When I added the floating menu yesterday, I broke the update function. Well not really broke it, but the big yellow notice message, is BEHIND the header.
To update you can still use the little link in the footer though. Fixed in latest release.

@gaz777
I have no experience with pythonw.exe, but if it does the same as python.exe (except hide stuff), it should work.
Last edited by RuudBurger on July 26th, 2010, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
noobiscus

Post by noobiscus »

Great app, and for something so new its really, mostly, very usable (quality setup is really great). Some things I've noticed however (been using this for all of 1 hour!)

The search box UI for adding movies isn't, actually, very usable at all. Example: "Spiderman" - that search gives about 12 results, and in all honesty its quite believable that a user might want to add Spiderman, Spiderman 2 and Spiderman 3 (and even Spiderman 4 if they're thinking ahead). To do that you have to repeat the search 4 times, adding one each time. This really wants a decent page of its own for results, so that you can check off the results you want, and choose quality individually for each you want to add.

Its also not very intuitive that if the search finds only one result it silently adds it to the list. Where it adds is far from being guaranteed to be on screen; you need to give some indication of whats happened.

Given that CP and SabNZBD are running on the same PC for me, which is not (will never be) the PC from which I'm using the CP interface, it would also be a great improvement long term to run the search through javascript on the client machine; the internet connection is running full tilt on the server side, and search takes a LONG TIME. Sending just the action instructions to the server would be a lot more efficient in this case. Currently I'd need to stop SAB to use CP, really.

After changing settings for Providers I found that the force recheck button did nothing until I restarted CP. Likewise my recheck interval was ignored until a restart. Maybe its unavoidable that this is so, but in that case you need to tell people to restart after making changes.

I know you already know that nzbmatrix is busted, but it does render the whole program non functional at the moment as the checking process just dies if you have login details for nzbmatrix entered. That means that today the first impression your software gives is "doesn't work" - and thats a real shame because without that stumbling block it works great.

Relatedly: an option to disable a provider rather than remove the login details would make this issue less annoying to work around too. (overall, of course, a provider sending back nonsense or not responding killing the check process is a bug at your end anyway)

Overall, I'd like to repeat what I said at the start; great app, shows huge potential and is overall really well built.

Runnning r16 windows, from the binary.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

noobiscus wrote: Great app, and for something so new its really, mostly, very usable (quality setup is really great). Some things I've noticed however (been using this for all of 1 hour!)

The search box UI for adding movies isn't, actually, very usable at all. Example: "Spiderman" - that search gives about 12 results, and in all honesty its quite believable that a user might want to add Spiderman, Spiderman 2 and Spiderman 3 (and even Spiderman 4 if they're thinking ahead). To do that you have to repeat the search 4 times, adding one each time. This really wants a decent page of its own for results, so that you can check off the results you want, and choose quality individually for each you want to add.

Its also not very intuitive that if the search finds only one result it silently adds it to the list. Where it adds is far from being guaranteed to be on screen; you need to give some indication of whats happened.

Given that CP and SabNZBD are running on the same PC for me, which is not (will never be) the PC from which I'm using the CP interface, it would also be a great improvement long term to run the search through javascript on the client machine; the internet connection is running full tilt on the server side, and search takes a LONG TIME. Sending just the action instructions to the server would be a lot more efficient in this case. Currently I'd need to stop SAB to use CP, really.

After changing settings for Providers I found that the force recheck button did nothing until I restarted CP. Likewise my recheck interval was ignored until a restart. Maybe its unavoidable that this is so, but in that case you need to tell people to restart after making changes.

I know you already know that nzbmatrix is busted, but it does render the whole program non functional at the moment as the checking process just dies if you have login details for nzbmatrix entered. That means that today the first impression your software gives is "doesn't work" - and thats a real shame because without that stumbling block it works great.

Relatedly: an option to disable a provider rather than remove the login details would make this issue less annoying to work around too. (overall, of course, a provider sending back nonsense or not responding killing the check process is a bug at your end anyway)

Overall, I'd like to repeat what I said at the start; great app, shows huge potential and is overall really well built.

Runnning r16 windows, from the binary.
Thanks for the suggestions.

When adding multiple movies, the IMDB script is the best way I think. While Spiderman (and maybe other trilogies) is an exception, I don't see much value in yet another screen you have to click through. When you set the default quality in options, you only need to click 3 times per movie ;)

The one result, you are correct. And I'll make an notification message "on movie add" at the top of the page.

I think a proper search could never be implemented through javascript alone. If SAB kills your connection that much, maybe limit it by 50KB, so other connections could go through.

Changing settings shouldn't need a restart (except the general tab options), I'll check it out.

I was also thinking of making the error handling better and indeed make an enable/disable function for the providers.
It shouldn't break if one of the searches is down, that's for sure :P
Last edited by RuudBurger on July 26th, 2010, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
HungryBUTTON

Post by HungryBUTTON »

Is there still issues with NZBMatrix even after the change to rss

00:04:10,850 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Yeah it returns invalid xml. (posted it on nzbmatrix forum)
Latest release has a fix that disables nzbmatrix for 15min after 2 fails in a row.
HungryBUTTON

Post by HungryBUTTON »

It looks like its not being disable after 2 errors

00:07:08,697 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:07:07,841 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
00:06:52,839 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:06:51,992 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
00:06:36,986 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:06:32,743 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
00:06:17,737 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:06:16,874 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
00:06:01,871 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:06:01,014 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
00:05:46,004 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:05:45,156 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
00:05:30,154 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:05:29,297 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
00:05:14,291 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:05:13,437 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
00:04:58,429 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:04:57,588 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
00:04:42,581 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:04:41,718 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
00:04:26,709 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:04:25,859 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
00:04:10,850 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:04:09,990 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
00:03:54,982 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:03:54,121 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
00:03:39,110 ERROR [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] No valid xml, to many requests? Try again in 15sec.
00:03:38,262 INFO  [app.lib.provider.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=xxx&term=The+41+Year+Old+Virgin+Who+Knocked+Up+Sarah+Marshall+and+Felt+Superbad+About+It+1080p&apikey=xxx&subcat=42
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

I did the update 10sec before my last post. so do an update again ;)
HungryBUTTON

Post by HungryBUTTON »

Thanks  ;D

I will donate soon.

Great work.
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

Hey, just noticed the logo, like it !

Who did it for you ? and when will it be in the product ?

PSPgimp
HungryBUTTON

Post by HungryBUTTON »

Last one for tonight before i goto sleep.

CP wants to save its log files in /logs
Is it possible to add an option in the setup so that we can manually choose where the logs go or at lease default the log to ./logs