XBMC SABnzbd+ Python Script

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
evidenceunseen

Re: XBMC SABnzbd+ Python Script

Post by evidenceunseen »

I also noticed that the files that are downloaded using this plugin, are owned by root, not by the active user. This is not the case with files downloaded using the pc. Do you have any idea why this would be?
switch

Post by switch »

evidenceunseen wrote: Can't the "More info" links be accessed through the rss feed? for imdb urls. Would it be possible to parse the .nfo using the "NFO" url? parsing nfo files has been done before on xbmc.
Python scripts have no access to most xbmc features, so if I wanted to parse an imdb url or nfo file it would need to be redone from scratch in python. I'm not too keen in coding that, plus scraping the nfo directly from newzbin is probably against their TOS.
evidenceunseen wrote: I also noticed that the files that are downloaded using this plugin, are owned by root, not by the active user. This is not the case with files downloaded using the pc. Do you have any idea why this would be?
Can you explain a bit more? It doesn't actually download any files, just sends the url/newzbin id to sabnzbd to download and add to the queue. Where are these files you see being downloaded as root?
evidenceunseen

Post by evidenceunseen »

I'll have to investigate more when I get home, I'm at work. But I just noticed that the items I had queued from the plugin didn't have the proper permissions when they were downloaded. Items that were queued using my browser on my laptop did not seem to have this issue. But I need to investigate it more, I didn't have time to when I noticed it.
Doraemonn

Post by Doraemonn »

This is AMAZING, thank you SO MUCH!  ;D

I'm a massive PLEX and SAB fan, and bow the two come together! Awesome.

I'd like to request a feature if at all possible though - is there any way to get the movie/episode information working, and perhaps integrate Newzbin comments? It would be great if you could check out the info before downloading a file.

In any case, great job! Love it.
ssboisen

Post by ssboisen »

excellent job switch, works perfectly, i was actually gonna make something like this myself, but i browsed a little and found this one, i might take it and change it (never done python before so it's gonna be a learning project), my vision is that it should be possible to browse movies by viewing their covers and then be able to select them for download

regards tossetaz
Last edited by ssboisen on October 20th, 2008, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
switch

Post by switch »

I can in the future add the fetching of posters for movies for newzbin movies (already coded something that uses the api from themoviedb.org), however for large lists of movies this could mean a long time loading in order to download posters for 100 movies.

Getting plot data and such would mean changes to xbmc's code to allow python plugins to display the Library mode, and to also be able to set the plot. I may end up requesting this, however XBMC is currently in a feature freeze, so no point requesting yet.
switch

Post by switch »

New version!

IMDB and poster fetching will only work for newzbin feeds. Many thanks goes to Nuka1195 for his python IMDB scraper adapted from the xbmc scrapper regular expressions.
SABnzbd Plugin
v1.4

Instructions:
================
1) Extract to XBMC\plugins\Video such as C:\Program Files\XBMC\plugins\Video
2) Open the plugin, and right click/info button on one of the items, choose "Plugin Settings"
3) Enter your sabnzbd host+ip
4) If you want imdb info+posters enable them
5) If you want any extra RSS feeds, open settings.py and add any extra RSS feeds to the dictionary (note these will be replaced when upgrading versions, so make a copy)

*note for the RSS feed to work, it requires the link to point directly to an nzb file, with no user/pass needed
Supported sites can be found here: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1339.0

Changelog
================
-Added posters and movie information from IMDB for newzbin feeds (off by default)
-Moved settings from settings.py to "Plugin Settings" (access via the right click menu)
-Added more default RSS feeds (tvbinz and nzbindex.nl need sabnzbd 0.4.5)
-Added configurable caching of RSS feeds and imdb information
-Added icon for newzbin feed
-Improved default download icon
Download: SABnzbd-XBMC-Plugin-1.4.zip
Flamez

Post by Flamez »

Thank you so much!  About to install now!  YEAH!!!!!
evidenceunseen

Post by evidenceunseen »

Thank you very much for all your work switch it's really appreciated, but unfortuately it doesn't work properly for me on XBMC linux. Whenever I try to click on any of the feeds it crashes XBMC, and if I try to view the queue nothing happens. I entered all the settings, and even tried the default feeds and settings and it still crashed xbmc if I tried to select the feeds. I hope you can help me, thanks in advance.
switch

Post by switch »

Enable debug logging, and Email me a debug log to [email protected] of a clean startup, navigate to the plugin and try to open a feed
evidenceunseen

Post by evidenceunseen »

The file you sent me solved it. I also noticed that the only way I caould actually add files or browse my queue was to add the url, port,  username and password into the settings.py file like the old versions.
evidenceunseen

Post by evidenceunseen »

I also noticed that everything added with this script is categorized as -1, is there an additional setting I should change?
switch

Post by switch »

No, I'm issuing a new release shortly that fixes this.
evidenceunseen

Post by evidenceunseen »

also, is the sorting designated by the script or the feed? I would like to sort by date added and it shows up sorting by name.
switch

Post by switch »

The default sorting is 'None' which should be sorting it by date added, if you are using it on the xbox I'm not sure if it has this sort field yet.