XBMC SABnzbd+ Python Script

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
evidenceunseen

Re: XBMC SABnzbd+ Python Script

Post by evidenceunseen »

I'm using XBMC linux
switch

Post by switch »

Got a new bug-fix version which should hopefully deal with everyone's category and sabnzbd queue concerns. Remember to backup your settings.py if you want to transfer your custom feeds over.

Image (Horizonz skin)
SABnzbd Plugin
v1.4.1

Instructions:
================
1) Extract to XBMC\plugins\Video such as C:\Program Files\XBMC\plugins\Video
2) Open the plugin, and right click/info button on one of the items, choose "Plugin Settings"
3) Enter your sabnzbd host+ip
4) If you want imdb info+posters enable them
5) If you want any extra RSS feeds, open settings.py and add any extra RSS feeds to the dictionary (note these will be replaced when upgrading versions, so make a copy)

*note for the RSS feed to work, it requires the link to point directly to an nzb file, with no user/pass needed
Supported sites can be found here: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1339.0

Changelog
================
-Major cleanup and re-write of code
-Set the skin's viewmode to "Movies" when list contains imdb info. Allows for nicer views in some skins.
-Fixed newzbin category not being set
-Allow the sabnzbd category to be specified per feed
-Setting to allow the sabnzbd category to be selected from a list
-Fixed passworded sabnzbd queues not opening
-Fixed caching time having no effect.
-Possible fix for crash on linux due to caching.
-Removed nzbsrus RSS feed until supported by sabnzbd.
Download: SABnzbd-XBMC-Plugin-1.4.1.zip
Last edited by switch on November 11th, 2008, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flamez

Post by Flamez »

Kick Butt!    Good Work!  Thanks again for all your Hard Work!
EC

Post by EC »

I'm a long time user of SAB, but have only just got XBMC setup and am trying to use this plugin.  I installed the plugin and configured the settings and can browse Newzbin successfully, however I can't view the SAB queue or add items to the queue. 

Host:  http://domain.serveftp.net
Port: 8080
User: admin
Pass: password

I checked to make sure that the exact host name is accessible from the PC XBMC is installed on (different from the SAB server, obviously) and that the user/pass both work.  I enabled debug and found this:

Code: Select all

18:46:43 T:284 M:1328898048   DEBUG: LoadLibraryA('pyexpat.pyd')
18:46:43 T:284 M:1328627712   DEBUG: LoadLibrary('pyexpat.pyd') returning: 030BCF38
18:46:43 T:284 M:1328627712   DEBUG: dllGetProcAddress(01990000(pyexpat.pyd), 'initpyexpat') => 01992350
18:46:43 T:284 M:1328304128  NOTICE: sabnzbd-xbmc sabxbmc: user/pass found
18:46:43 T:284 M:1328304128  NOTICE: 
18:46:43 T:284 M:1328304128  NOTICE: ERROR: Main::_sabnzbd_queue (359) - global name 'sab_username' is not defined
I looked through the settings.py but that seems to be only if I want to input my Newzbin settings, which I don't.  Am I missing something else?  :)  I can post the whole log if necessary, but it seemed kind of redundant. 

Despite the issue, this plugin is awesome!  Being able to just browse around Newzbin is too goddamn cool. 

Note: before you ask, I know using the domain name is weird.  When I'm inside my network, my firewall overrides the DNS to resolve to a local IP.  When I'm outside, it resolves to whatever current IP my cable modem has.  This allows me to use the same address to access SAB (and more importantly, for the FF extension to) both inside and outside my network. 
switch

Post by switch »

Are you sure you are using the latest version? 1.4.1? Check the readme.txt for an accurate version number. If you are try a full delete and reinstall as those line numbers do not make sense if you are running the latest version.

Also, just checking but you shouldn't be specifying http:// in the hostname, just domain.serveftp.net and the newer versions don't use settings.py for very much, and uses Plugin Settings in xbmc instead (available when right clicking the plugin name or within the plugin when not highlighting the top list item.)
EC

Post by EC »

Updated to 1.4.1, sorry about that.  I changed it to use http:// as well, and reset the user/pass just in case.  I get a message that says unable to connect.  I'll run a debug tomorrow morning and troubleshoot further.  Thanks for the help!
switch

Post by switch »

EC wrote: I changed it to use http:// as well,
I said you should not be adding http://
EC

Post by EC »

switch wrote: I said you should not be adding http://
Well, shit.  Guess I was reading too fast.  That worked immediately (and probably would have worked on the previous version as well).

Thanks again, sorry for the stupid questions.
NarcopolisRex

Post by NarcopolisRex »

I've tried the latest build and it fails to load the Newzbin feeds if I provide a Newzbin username and password in the settings.py file. Without those fields completed, it's working fine.

Great work, BTW. Keep it up!
EC

Post by EC »

I have the same issue as above.  I thought it would need a login to add an RSS feed and came across it.  No biggie as RSS feeds don't require logins. 

This is awesome, by the way.  I never really had a use for RSS feeds on newzbin until now.  :)
officechris

Post by officechris »

absolutely amazing work, been waiting for this script to start up again! The original Sab script I had for XBMC had a "browse Newzbin" option that allow you to browse the categories of newzbin like a folder structure, starting at the root (Apps, Movies, TV, etc) then into the subcategories and then finally into a list of posts.. this would be an amazing addition.

I script a lot of vb, if you don't plan on making the addition do you have the source available to use?
switch

Post by switch »

To make it browsable for newzbin posts, it would likely mean scraping data from newzbin. This is against their TOS and can result in them banning you so that is why I chose to simply base it off RSS feeds.

The plugin is written in python, which means the source is included. Just open the .py files.
chuckkay

Post by chuckkay »

fantastic  thanks so much..  one problem, is categories feature working for everyone?  for me all files get d/l with none as category...  fyi: categories work fine for me outside of xbmc. i did rename some categories like movies = my movies etc... is this the problem.. let me know if yours works, if so i'll rename my categories back.
switch

Post by switch »

Make sure you have the latest version
chuckkay

Post by chuckkay »

switch wrote: Make sure you have the latest version
yes 1.4