SABMobile: Manage SABnzbd+ from iOS/Android/Windows Phone 7

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
fkmtc

Re: SABMobile: Manage SABnzbd+ from iOS/Android/Windows Phon

Post by fkmtc »

Hi all,

Any feedback on the WP7 version?

Cheers,
Jérôme
buckets

Post by buckets »

Hi Jerome

I just installed the WP7 version and have some feedback. I haven't read thru this thread completely yet, so these issues may already be known/addressed.

On the whole it works well, I like the multi search index sites.
Issues I noticed :
- when entering a search you get a couple of popups saying "error running search" - I assume this is from those index sites I haven't configured? Be nice to suppress these.
- search results for nzbmatrix shows the size in bytes, would be nice to have in GB like the NZBClub results (I mainly use nzbmatrix)

More of a wishlist request is to be able to see the current d/l speed in the Downloads screen, and the average d/l speed in History.

Keep up the good work!

cheers
K
buckets

Post by buckets »

Probably outside the scope of this app, but is it possible to bring up the comments associated with an NZB (i.e - on the nzbmatrix site). These can be handy to browse before downloading to see what sort of feedback that nzb has.
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback :)

The WP7 version is very new, so hasn't been discussed in the thread before.

- You can remove the searcher you don't want, and add them later on from my website
- I will update the app to handle the size correctly
- I will add a way to see the "details" page of nzbmatrix (thought it was alraedy the case ?)

Thanks,
Jérôme
buckets

Post by buckets »

Cheers for that, forgot to try the hold down long press to remove the searchers. Search works perfect now!

As for the details page, yeah I can see details on the History and Downloads screens but not on the Search results page. And these Details don't contain the user comments (I haven't seen any nzb mobile app show the comment threads of nzbs, so maybe not possible?).

another issue, I get an "Incorrect API" error when trying to add an nzb from the nzbmatrix search results to the d/l queue. Adding an nzb from the NZBClub search results works just fine, so I assume my API key for sabnzbd is correct.
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

buckets wrote:Cheers for that, forgot to try the hold down long press to remove the searchers. Search works perfect now!

As for the details page, yeah I can see details on the History and Downloads screens but not on the Search results page. And these Details don't contain the user comments (I haven't seen any nzb mobile app show the comment threads of nzbs, so maybe not possible?).

another issue, I get an "Incorrect API" error when trying to add an nzb from the nzbmatrix search results to the d/l queue. Adding an nzb from the NZBClub search results works just fine, so I assume my API key for sabnzbd is correct.
OK, will improve the NZBMatrix search (and others when possible).

About the Incorrect API, I've written that to my todo list and work on that for v1.3.

Cheers,
Jérôme
dalhoff

Post by dalhoff »

is there some guides somewhere on howto add searchers ???
tryed to ad nzbxxx.com and msgnews.org but they dont work !!
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,

There are some samples on my website :)

Cheers,
Jérôme
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi all,

For a limited time, I've reduced the price of SABMobile on Windows Phone 7 to 0.99$ !

Cheers,
Jérôme
HeyBoff

Post by HeyBoff »

Love the app (for iOS) but I'm having an issue - when I try and search with NZBMatrix I never get any results. I've copy and pasted the API and my username is correct.

Also, is there any way to use SABMobile if you have a username/password setup for SABnzbd?
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,

NZBMatrix should return results... can you make sure the API key is correct ? Please double/triple check...

You can use SABMobile with the username/password if you disable "use api key" in the server configuration.

Cheers,
Jérôme
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

buckets wrote:another issue, I get an "Incorrect API" error when trying to add an nzb from the nzbmatrix search results to the d/l queue. Adding an nzb from the NZBClub search results works just fine, so I assume my API key for sabnzbd is correct.
Hi,

I have identified the issue and I've fixed it. I'm waiting a few days to see if I need to put other fixes in it (it takes 10 days to send a new version, including the review time and the looonnnnng time for the market place page to be updated with the updated version...)

Cheers,
Jérôme
schooleydoo

Post by schooleydoo »

I just bought the app to control NZBs on my WHS 2011 box. I use Newsleecher mainly so am new to Sabnzbd. After setup, I get the "Cannot contact server (wrong IP/Port?) message. Bear with me if I have made some noob mistakes.

I followed your tutorial from within the app, aside from the last section, setting up to control from an external IP. I don't need that, I will only need to control it from within my internal LAN, when my iPhone is connected to my wifi.

Jerome, have sent you a message from within the app so that you have the logs. Here are my setup shots:

HeyBoff

Post by HeyBoff »

I was able to make nzbmatrix searches work by comletely removing the search and manually adding it.

Now I have separate problem though. The settings aren't sticking, and I'm not sure why. Twice in a row I've woken up, started SABMobile, and it asks me to add a server again. Any idea why?
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

HeyBoff wrote:I was able to make nzbmatrix searches work by comletely removing the search and manually adding it.

Now I have separate problem though. The settings aren't sticking, and I'm not sure why. Twice in a row I've woken up, started SABMobile, and it asks me to add a server again. Any idea why?
Hi,

Do you have a jailbroken phone ?

If yes, you need to disable iCloud in SABMobile (in Application Settings). This is an issue which only happens on jailbroken phones (Jailbreak basically means applying a patch on the iOS, and if not done properly, may break other things).

Cheers,
Jérôme