SABMobile: Manage SABnzbd+ from iOS/Android/Windows Phone 7

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
fkmtc

Re: SABMobile: Manage SABnzbd+ from iOS/Android/Windows Phon

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,

Please send me a comment from the app after having tried all the above.

Thanks,
Jérôme
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,

New release is on its way, should be ready next week... Sorry for the long time without updates, I'll make it up to you!

Cheers
covert

Post by covert »

I have SabMobile on a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I find I cannot remotely add files that are too large (open .nzb with.. SabMobile). Sabnzb is complaining it "Cannot read" said file in /tmp/ and when I check the file in /tmp the file is there but gets truncated at 50kb (file should be 690kb). I am not sure if this is a Sabmobile issue or sabnzbd issue. Any help ?
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,
Send me a comment from the app after having tried to add the file, I'll have a look !
Cheers
airguy

Post by airguy »

I have been using this for some time on my Galaxy S2. Presently running v1.11.2 and always worked pretty well. However I find it's very limited in queue management. It's great for just sending stuff to your queue to be downloaded immediately. However, if you maintain a large queue of files ( I have over 300 in my queue now), it's very difficult to manage.
I have an RSS feed set up to automatically place things in the queue in "paused" mode until I decide I want them to download. Saves me tons of hard drive space not having to store things before I need them as my usenet provider has over 1000 days of retention.

These are the main problems I have with queue management with SABMobile:

I can't reorder my queue in any way. No way to move things up or down in the queue. They stay in the same order they came into the queue. I like to try to keep things grouped in the queue, but cannot move things together from my phone. Have to use a browser.

And the Biggie:

If I tap an entry to change something (category, etc) the queue always returns back to the top, and you must just keep swiping and swiping trying to get back to the same place you were in the queue before. This takes quite a bit of time to scroll down thru 300+ queue entries. Why can't it have the intelligence to return to the same spot in the queue after editing an entry?
I usually resort to my phone's browser to this. It's not perfect but works better than this app for queue management if you're trying to maintain a large queue.

I now only use SABMobile to check download speeds , and occasionally change a category

I would greatly like to see these features incorporated in a future release to manage large queues.
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

airguy wrote:I have been using this for some time on my Galaxy S2. Presently running v1.11.2 and always worked pretty well. However I find it's very limited in queue management. It's great for just sending stuff to your queue to be downloaded immediately. However, if you maintain a large queue of files ( I have over 300 in my queue now), it's very difficult to manage.
I have an RSS feed set up to automatically place things in the queue in "paused" mode until I decide I want them to download. Saves me tons of hard drive space not having to store things before I need them as my usenet provider has over 1000 days of retention.

These are the main problems I have with queue management with SABMobile:

I can't reorder my queue in any way. No way to move things up or down in the queue. They stay in the same order they came into the queue. I like to try to keep things grouped in the queue, but cannot move things together from my phone. Have to use a browser.
In next version, you'll be able to set the position of an item in the list (number), so you'll be able to move an item to the top of the list.
airguy wrote: And the Biggie:

If I tap an entry to change something (category, etc) the queue always returns back to the top, and you must just keep swiping and swiping trying to get back to the same place you were in the queue before. This takes quite a bit of time to scroll down thru 300+ queue entries. Why can't it have the intelligence to return to the same spot in the queue after editing an entry?
I usually resort to my phone's browser to this. It's not perfect but works better than this app for queue management if you're trying to maintain a large queue.

I now only use SABMobile to check download speeds , and occasionally change a category

I would greatly like to see these features incorporated in a future release to manage large queues.
For the list moving back to the top, I have tried to find a workaround, but apparently, Android doesn't want that... so I'll try again.

Regards,
Jérôme
DJ-1

Post by DJ-1 »

Hi, I on android (jelly bean) & trying 2 figure out the regular expression stuff,

I wanna create a duplicate if the default NZB Matrix, I.e: it has a category drop-down....can I duplicate the original nzbmatrix ??

Cheers.
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi all,
Just a little word to let you know that the app isn't abandoned... I have been pretty busy these last months but will release an iPhone 5 update in the coming weeks, with a few new features and bug fixes.
Cheers
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi all,

I've reduced the price of SABMobile on Android for a limited time, if you were waiting to try it out, don't wait too much ;-)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .SABMobile

(if you don't see the discounted price yet, wait a few hours...)

Cheers,
Jérôme
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi all (again) !

I've fixed the NZBs.org searcher configuration file, and you can update your SABMobile config dynamically !

Just enter http://dev.patey.net/sabmobile/n in the searcher config page, and you'll have the updated searcher (you will have to enter your API key that you'll find in your profile page).

It works fine with all SABMobile version already available.

Cheers,
Jérôme
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi all,

SABMobile v1.12 is now available on the AppStore, with iOS 6 and iPhone 5 support.

It also contains a few improvements:
- rename a download
- change the order of the queue

The android update will come soon, I'll write here when done!

Cheers,
Jerome
CyberMew

Post by CyberMew »

Is there sickbeard support?
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

CyberMew wrote:Is there sickbeard support?
Not that I know of :)
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

One more thing: don't forget to leave a review on the stores (AppStore, Google Play...) with each update, this is a great motivation to continue updating the app :)

Thanks
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

If you enter "http://dev.patey.net/sabmobile/n" in SABMobile, it will ask you for the API Key.
If you don't fill it then, just click on the searcher name in the list later on, and you'll be able to set the API key...