SABMobile: Manage SABnzbd+ from iOS/Android/Windows Phone 7

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
ruggerxpunk

Re: SABMobile: Manage your SABnzbd+ remotely from your iPhone/iPad and Android !

Post by ruggerxpunk »

Edit: Solved

Just want to let everyone know to double check their ports getting forwarded and make sure they are to the correct internal IP address.

Hello. I'm using the Android app.

I understand port forwarding. I also understand internal & external IP's.

That being said, I can only get SABMobile (or SABControl for that matter) to work correctly inside my home LAN.

Getting it to connect over 3G using the external IP, however, is not possible. Let me just say that it IS possible using a similar torrent app called Transdroid.

If  anyone could explain to me why this is so, I would appreciate it. Perhaps there just isn't code included to allow an external IP to connect?

I just want nothing more than to be able to download files onto my home PC while away from home.
Last edited by ruggerxpunk on November 13th, 2010, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fkmtc

Re: SABMobile: Manage your SABnzbd+ remotely from your iPhone/iPad and Android !

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,

It should work fine with SABMobile.

You said it works with Transdroid, but not with SABMobile ? That is strange... are you sure you entered the same settings ?

You can have a look at my website: http://dev.patey.net/sabmobile_tuto.html

Cheers,
Jérôme
loggenk

Post by loggenk »

Hi,

First i have to say this really is a great  program. But there is one thing I miss!!
Is it possible in a future release that I can use the categories?
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

loggenk wrote: Hi,

First i have to say this really is a great  program. But there is one thing I miss!!
Is it possible in a future release that I can use the categories?
Hi,

Yes, I'm implementing it right now :) You should be able to select a category when adding a new download (manually), change the category of an already started download, and several other things !

If anyone wishes to try out the new beta, send me a mail to [email protected] with your iPhone/iPad IUID, and I'll be able to send your something in the coming days !

Cheers,
Jérôme
mike171562

Post by mike171562 »

Having a problem here with security trying to access my sab server from outside my network using sabmobile, If i leave the ports in my router closed, and use the ssh tunnel feature in sabmobile, the nzb upload feature doesnt work from a Search. If you open the port in your router and enable the username / password authentication on your sab server, sabmobile cannot connect. So it seems the only way to use SabMobile from outside your network is to leave you Sabnzbd server wide open to the Internet?
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

mike171562 wrote: Having a problem here with security trying to access my sab server from outside my network using sabmobile, If i leave the ports in my router closed, and use the ssh tunnel feature in sabmobile, the nzb upload feature doesnt work from a Search. If you open the port in your router and enable the username / password authentication on your sab server, sabmobile cannot connect. So it seems the only way to use SabMobile from outside your network is to leave you Sabnzbd server wide open to the Internet?

Hi,

It won't be "open to everyone", because you need to enter the API Key. If you don't have the correct API Key, you won't be able to do anything.

Regards,
Jérôme
mike171562

Post by mike171562 »

Ok, hope this helps somebody, if you have username and password authentication enabled for your Sabnzbd server, but have the API key disabled, SabMobile will not be able to connect, but if you enable the API key and Username and password, and enter the API Key into SabMobile config, it will connect, thanks to fkmtc for the help.

BTW, this is a great app, very useful.
Last edited by mike171562 on November 22nd, 2010, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onlyalex

Post by onlyalex »

@fkmtc

Thanks mate for this great program. Im a proud purchased owner... I have tried all nzb apps and this is the best  ;)

I wanted to make a suggestion, there is two things i miss. First of an option to organise the rss feed in catagories. Im Thinking of some kind of folder style like this "+Movies HD" when pressing it expands like "-Movies HD" showing all in that feed. This would make the feeds alot easier to read out. Second suggestion is regarding the search function. I have added nzbmatrix search function from your earlier post, thanks. Having an drop down list or something that would make the user able to search in catagories like Movies HD, TV HD, Misc etc would be awsome... Now im just using the search in ALL catagorie.

Thanks again to the NR 1 App on the Android Store.
Cheers
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

onlyalex wrote: @fkmtc

Thanks mate for this great program. Im a proud purchased owner... I have tried all nzb apps and this is the best  ;)

I wanted to make a suggestion, there is two things i miss. First of an option to organise the rss feed in catagories. Im Thinking of some kind of folder style like this "+Movies HD" when pressing it expands like "-Movies HD" showing all in that feed. This would make the feeds alot easier to read out. Second suggestion is regarding the search function. I have added nzbmatrix search function from your earlier post, thanks. Having an drop down list or something that would make the user able to search in catagories like Movies HD, TV HD, Misc etc would be awsome... Now im just using the search in ALL catagorie.

Thanks again to the NR 1 App on the Android Store.
Cheers
Thanks a lot !

About the searchers, I will improve that in next version (v1.8). I have planned several things, and if you're interested, we can discuss it by email ([email protected])

I will release a v1.7 this week for iPhone, and then on Android in a few weeks.

Regards,
Jérôme
luc1f3r

Post by luc1f3r »

What if i want to buy this app but dont have a creditcard, is there a place that uses paypal?
willing to pay double for paypal usage.

greetz
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,

I can build an APK just for your device, and for that, I would need your IMEI. Once I've received your payment through Paypal, I'll be able to send you the download link.

The drawback is that you won't have any updates. If you want updates, use the Android Market solution :)

If you're OK with that, send me a mail to [email protected] so we can discuss it further.

Regards,
Jérôme
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi all,

I'm looking for some iPhone/iPad beta testers ASAP !

If you're willing to try out v1.7, send me a mail to [email protected]

Thanks,
Jérôme
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,

Well, no need for beta testers anymore, I have submitted SABMobile v1.7 to Apple !

Cheers,
Jérôme

PS: Now, Android !!!
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi all,

SABMobile v1.7 is now live on the AppStore with numerous changes !

Enhancements:
- iOS 4.2 compatibility (Multi tasking for iPad !)
- Reduced connection timeout to 10 seconds instead of 4-5 minutes (in case of error)
- Connect automatically *only* if last connection was successful
- Improve user's first impression with a welcome message + info on where to find the tutorial
- Split Application settings and Server settings
- Added possibility to set up several things:
    - Set the category of a downloading task
    - See categories/scripts/warnings
    - Restart the server
    - Shutdown SABnzbd+
- Displayed more information about a download
- See which files are being downloaded inside a NZB
- Set the category when manually adding a download
- Improved look and feel:
    - Toggle button for "on/off" settings
    - Made lists prettier (standard iPhone)
    - RSS feeds on several lines
    - Swipe to delete in lists (settings)
    - Reorder searchers/rss feeds
    - Created new Retina icons (for iPhone 4)
- Added a default website to load in the settings
- Optimized RSS feed "Mark as read" mechanism
- Added Spanish and Finish languages
- Added a button to close the keyboard when sending a comment

Bug fixes:
- Automatically prepend "http://" if not specified in the URL when adding a new download
- Crash when editing a searcher
- "Try again later" page displayed when trying to download a RSS from NZBs.org
- Cannot browse a HTTPS website
- Remove spaces when adding a new URL (in case it was copied from somewhere)
- Do not remove the RSS configuration when it fails loading
- If a RSS feed contains one item, it won't be displayed
- Crash with some malformed RSS feeds

Let me know what you think !

Cheers,
Jérôme
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi all,

I was wondering if you had some specific change requests or improvement ideas for SABMobile ?

Cheers,
Jérôme