SABMobile: Manage SABnzbd+ from iOS/Android/Windows Phone 7

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Garak

Re: SABMobile: Manage your SABnzbd+ remotely from your iPhone/iPad and Android !

Post by Garak »

Hi, I saw your app was updated on the Android Market today so decided to buy it. I'm not a networking wizard though and after reading your connection tutorial I am still a bit confused!

I have used the SABDroid app in the past and it allowed me to connect to my SABnzb+ on my Synology NAS through the DynDns.org service using HTTPS without any problems. I can connect locally using your app, but I cannot find a way to get it working through the internet, I try to use the SSH tunnel but it says that HTTPS is not allowed, I cannot get it to work through the 8080 port either.

I can still launch the SABDroid app and connect without any problems so the port forwarding is working correctly, I'm not sure where I'm going wrong with yours, does it support DynDNS.org?

I should probably note my device is a HTC Desire HD running the MIUI ROM and my NAS is a Synology DS210j. Thanks.
Last edited by Garak on January 27th, 2011, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fkmtc

Re: SABMobile: Manage your SABnzbd+ remotely from your iPhone/iPad and Android !

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,

If the connection works from SABDroid, then enter the exact same parameters in my application and it will work too. You don't *have* to enable SSH, you enable it if you have a SSH server running at home and want to connect through it. And if you have this configuration, you know how to set it up :)

If you can't manage to make it work, send me more details by email and I'll try to help you more !

Regards,
Jérôme
Garak

Post by Garak »

Ah silly me, I thought I had to use the SSH tunnel as I had a password setup in sabnzbd. Working perfect now thanks for pointing me in the right direction, gave 5 stars on the Market.  ;D
Last edited by Garak on January 28th, 2011, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Garak wrote: Ah silly me, I thought I had to use the SSH tunnel as I had a password setup in sabnzbd. Working perfect now thanks for pointing me in the right direction, gave 5 stars on the Market.  ;D
Thanks !

Glad to hear that it works fine now :)

Cheers,
Jérôme
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi all,

I don't know if you have noticed, but SABMobile was updated to v1.7.1 on the Android Market !

It now enables logging into private websites (nzbmatrix, ...), supports Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and adds a lot of new features !

You can buy it directly from here: https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... .SABMobile

Cheers,
Jérôme
fkmtc

Re: SABMobile: Manage your SABnzbd+ remotely from your iPhone/iPad/Android/Nokia !

Post by fkmtc »

Hi Nokia users !

I have just submitted SABMobile to Nokia for review ! Users of Nokia N8 (Symbian ^3) and Nokia 5800 (Symbian Series 60 v5) will soon be able to find SABMobile on the OVI Store !

I'll keep you posted when it's online.

Cheers,
Jérôme
fkmtc

Re: SABMobile: Manage your SABnzbd+ remotely from your iPhone/iPad/Android/Nokia !

Post by fkmtc »

Hi Nokia users !

SABMobile has just been approved by Nokia, and should be visible in the OVI Store in 24-48h.

Let me know what you think of it !

Thanks,
Jérôme

EDIT: Here it is: http://store.ovi.com/content/103367
Last edited by fkmtc on March 8th, 2011, 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

Post by Jim »

hmm.. 2 euro.
bit pricey considering that sabnzbd is completely free and you can also use your device's web browser to log into sab.

so i think i'll pass but the app looks nice tho'
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Jim wrote: hmm.. 2 euro.
bit pricey considering that sabnzbd is completely free and you can also use your device's web browser to log into sab.

so i think i'll pass but the app looks nice tho'
Hi,

Of course, you can do everything with the browser (well, nearly... You'll see why), but it's cumbersome. You have to switch between websites, copy/paste, the web interface is not always adapted... and you don't have integrated search, with customizable websites. With SABMobile, you have configurable searchers, direct download when clicking on a website, you can use binsearch.info website (well, on iOS), which you can't in the web browser, because you can't download/upload nzb files :)

Moreover, if you're strict with security, you would prefer SSH instead of HTTPS, and SABMobile is able to connect to SABnzbd+ through a SSH server.

With a nice look and feel, 10 languages, I would say it's worth 2€. If it's too much for you, then you can always use the browser and do everything by hand.

Regards,
Jérôme
Frogy

Post by Frogy »

Hallo,

I realy like your app. I use it on the iphone.

Is it possible to register the app with iOS as handlers of the NZB file type? 

I use Easynews and they can generate NZB files. I want to transfer the NZB file from the Easynews IPhone App to your App.

Because I can put some files togeather in one ZIP file in the Easynews GUI or APP and generate a NZB file from this ZIP.

But I need a possibility to transfer the NZB file on the IPhone to your App. The only way is to register the handler.

Best wishes

Bastian
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,

I will see how to register a NZB handler on iOS !

Cheers,
Jérôme
chavez_oz

Post by chavez_oz »

Hi there,

I purchased this app from iStore but am struggling to get the search to work.

I installed it on my iPhone (3Gs) and setup a server which I can connect to via WAN and LAN, yet when I use the default installed news servers on SABMobile, to search for content, it only lists the two news server names, namely NZBs.org and NZB.Matrix. No content is every displayed on the search screen no matter what I search for?  ???

Any ideas as to what the issue can be? I'm running SABnzbd 0.6.0 Beta 3 on my home server.
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,

Well, there may be several reasons:
1/ You didn't set your NZBMatrix API Key in the settings
2/ The websites are down at the moment
3/ The Regular expression I'm using doesn't work anymore because they have changed their layout, and in that case, I need to update the searcher config (no need for an app update)

Regards,
Jérôme
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

Any ideas why I cant connect to my sabnzbd after I installed Apache webserver and started to use Apache for sabnzbd as well? Do I have to make some kind of configuration in Apache?
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,

The mounting point should be "/sabnzbd/", like the standard configuration, even if you're going through Apache.

Regards,
Jérôme