[APP] NzbSearcher - 2 Dec 2011 - Version 2.0.5.6

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
barabbas
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 6 NOV 2010 - Version 2.0.0.0

Post by barabbas »

Hi,

I like your problem, but it would make searching really a lot easier if I could enter a search term once and then search in every indexer at once. Or at least, if I switch to another one, that it keeps the search term in the search box and starts searching the just selected search engine. Now if I want to search several engines I have to select them and reenter the same term over and over again.

Thanks for your work!
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

I'm sorry everyone, I can't review any problems or bugs at this time,
having a very busy schedule. next week I'll have some hours to do this.
bjornhallberg

Post by bjornhallberg »

I'm also getting "Error: Unable to connect to SABnzbd server". Win 7 x64. 0.5.5 final.

Calling the xml url (http://localhost:customport/sabnzbd/api?apikey=key&mode=queue&start=START&limit=LIMIT&output=xml) does give the intended output.

Not using a username/password. Sabnzbd host is 0.0.0.0 (default? don't remember) and a custom port. Nzbsearcher is set to "http://localhost:customport" and the correct api key. I'm also running other software that accesses sabnzbd (g15 keyboard lcdmisc, rainmeter) and they seem to run just fine. Also, searching and adding NZBs from Nzbsearcher seems to work just fine. So maybe this isn't such a big deal.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what. Very nice program though. The ability to search in an organized manner and then apply filters (like "-LanguagesIDontWant") is just brilliant.
Last edited by bjornhallberg on November 11th, 2010, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heimiko

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 16 NOV 2010 - Version 2.0.1.2

Post by Heimiko »

Released v2.0.1.2

unfortunately, i didn't had time yet to look into these errors some people are getting.
no worries, I'll look into it, but like I said before, I don't have a lot of time on my hands the upcoming time.
FCrane

Post by FCrane »

Fantastic - thanks for the new version with multiple NZB downloads!

A small issue, which should be easy to implement: when the "Add NZBs to the Queue" dialog opens, the "Friendly Name" should be preselected, so that typing immediately replaces the whole friendly name. This makes it easier and faster to select a friendly name (it saves clicking the edit box and selecting the whole text manually before entering the new name". It's be great if you could add this feature. (Similar to the search field, which automatically selects all text when you click it).

Another nice thing would be to see the groups in the nzb search results - however, I don't know if this can be implemented easily.

Thanks!
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

FCrane wrote: Fantastic - thanks for the new version with multiple NZB downloads!

A small issue, which should be easy to implement: when the "Add NZBs to the Queue" dialog opens, the "Friendly Name" should be preselected, so that typing immediately replaces the whole friendly name. This makes it easier and faster to select a friendly name (it saves clicking the edit box and selecting the whole text manually before entering the new name". It's be great if you could add this feature. (Similar to the search field, which automatically selects all text when you click it).

Another nice thing would be to see the groups in the nzb search results - however, I don't know if this can be implemented easily.

Thanks!
I think both your requests are easily done, however, the groups display may be a little bit more difficult, as I'm depending on information from the search providers. but as my memory serves me well, NzbIndex.nl does give group information, not so sure about the rest of them. I'll check in the upcoming few days.
semel

Post by semel »

Im sorry if it was asked already

Is it possible to specify download folder manually for each item?
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

semel wrote: Im sorry if it was asked already

Is it possible to specify download folder manually for each item?
if you're using SABnzbd as download program, then yes you can.
you should define categories first, then you can select which category you want to download to.
Those catergories can be found within the configuration of SABnzbd,
they are either relative to the main download folder, or absolute  (which ever you prefer)
FCrane

Post by FCrane »

I've just encountered an issue: when adding something to the queue and using a friendly name that contains a password (format "download name / password"), the "/" is deleted from the friendly name. So when I open the web interface of SABnzbd+, the new queue item is there, but the "/" is missing, which results in SABnzbd+ not being able to unpack the downloaded files.

Should be easy to fix, though.

Thanks!
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

FCrane wrote: I've just encountered an issue: when adding something to the queue and using a friendly name that contains a password (format "download name / password"), the "/" is deleted from the friendly name. So when I open the web interface of SABnzbd+, the new queue item is there, but the "/" is missing, which results in SABnzbd+ not being able to unpack the downloaded files.
I did that filtering deliberately, didn't know SABnzbd could handle passwords like that.
I did filtering cause I have seen that if you include specific characters, SABnzbd doesn't store the download correctly (invalid characters for directories and file names). So I filtered everything that could be a potential danger, unknowing about this password feature. So if you know upfront that the archives have a password, you can specify it like "name/password", is that with, or without spaces?   (I think i'll add an input box for that, separately, so that I'll still filter invalid chars, but add password if filled in.  would that be handy? think with me here, and let me know.

the focus on the friendly name is ofcorse easy (and is already done)
Last edited by Heimiko on November 18th, 2010, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FCrane

Post by FCrane »

I think there must be spaces around the "/" between the download name and the password, but I don't know for sure. It works fine with spaces, I never tried without. A separate input field for the password would be even more convenient, of course!

Thanks for your great effort!
FCrane

Post by FCrane »

And while the wish list is still open: would it be possible to access the "On Finish" feature of SABnzbd+? I sometimes set it to "Shutdown PC" and it would be nice if that would be accessible from NzbSearcher as well.

Thanks!
FCrane

Post by FCrane »

Another small issue: when trying to add something to the queue but the SABnzbd+ server is not running, NzbSearcher reports an error. It'd be nice if it simply would start SABnzbd+ automatically, if it is not running yet.

Thanks!
smoker

Post by smoker »

I am getting an error when trying to download a nzb, it say "illegal character in path" and I have to change the name before I can download any nzb.  Is trhere a fix for this that I can make?

Thanks for the great program
newsleecher

Post by newsleecher »

This is shaping up to be a good application. Good job. I read so far you try to only go for search sites that expose a real api which definitly makes sense in the long run. Was wondering if you can add Super search support? I believe it was integrated in alt.binz program long ago.

Also do you have any plans to make a mobile version of your app? Like the iPhone one mynzb. Mynzb in cool but I like your search engines better. anyway so far so good